Cardiff Bus

Stagecoach in South Wales

First Bus in South Wales

For Rail Travel Information

Arriva Trains Wales (ATW)

First Great Western (FGW)

National Rail Enquiries

Groupsave

If you are travelling as a group of 3 or 4 Adults, Don't foget to ask for Groupsave.

With Groupsave parties of 3 or 4 Adults travel for the price of 2 and up to 4 Children (aged 5-15) travel for £1 each.

I've been advised that Groupsave will be available on services provided by both ATW and FGW.

Important Information for the Users of Cardiff Central Station

Information from First Great Western

On days when major events are being held at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Cardiff Central Station obviously gets extremely busy, and crowd control measures are put in place, both before and after the event.

This means that a queuing system operates after the event and other restrictions put in place. Customers are specifically advised to take note of the following points:

After the event admittance to Cardiff Central will be limited for safety reasons and a queuing system will be in place.

The queuing area is open to the elements and toilet facilities are not available in this area.

Left Luggage facilities are not available at Cardiff Central Station for security reasons

Customers with special assistance should speak to the stewards on queues in order to gain assistance in accessing the platforms.

In addition, we suspend all seat reservations for all trains leaving Cardiff Central station after the event, and importantly, spaces on trains for return journeys are on a first come first served basis.

If you need special assistance** at these times, please speak to the stewards who will help you get to the platforms.

**Those of whom that might require special assistance are strongly advised to book such assistance in advance.

CARDIFF CENTRAL DEPARTURES FROM 2130

ATW 2131 Rhymney

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Heath High Level, Llanishen, Lisvane & Thornhill, Caerphilly, Aber, Llanbradach, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, Pengam, Gilfach Fargoed, Bargoed, Brithdir, Tir-Phil, Pontlottyn & Rhymney.

ATW 2135 Radyr

Calling at Ninian Park, Waun-Gron Park, Fairwater, Danes Court & Radyr.

ATW 2136 Treherbert

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd, Trehafod, Porth, Dinas (Rhondda), Tonypandy, Llwynypia, Ystrad Rhondda, Ton Pentre, Treorchy, Ynyswen & Treherbert.

ATW 2141 Bridgend

Calling at Grangetown, Cogan, Eastbrook, Dinas Powys, Cadoxton, Barry Docks, Barry, Rhoose Cardiff Airport,

Llantwit Major & Bridgend.

ATW 2141 Aberdare

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd, Abercynon North, Penrhiwceiber, Mountain Ash, Fernhill, Cwmbach & Aberdare.

FGW 2148 Swansea

Calling at Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath & Swansea.

ATW 2150 Hereford

Calling at Newport, Cwmbran, Pontypool & New Inn, Abergavenny & Hereford.

ATW 2155 Haverfordwest

Calling at Bridgend, Port Talbot Parkway, Neath, Swansea, Gowerton ®, Llanelli, Pembrey & Burry Port, Kidwelly ®, Ferryside ®, Carmarthen, Whitland, Clunderwen, Clarbeston Road & Haverfordwest.

FGW 2158 Frome

Calling at Newport, Severn Tunnel Junction, Patchway, Filton Abbey Wood, Bristol Temple Meads, Keynsham, Oldfield Park, Bath Spa, Freshford, Avoncliff, Bradford On Avon, Trowbridge, Westbury & Frome.

ATW 2201 Caerphilly

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Heath High Level, Llanishen, Lisvane & Thornhill & Caerphilly.

ATW 2201 Penarth

Calling at Grangetown, Dingle Road & Penarth.

ATW 2211 Pontypridd

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest & Pontypridd.

ATW 2225 Barry Island

Calling at Grangetown, Cogan, Eastbrook, Dinas Powys, Cadoxton, Barry Docks, Barry & Barry Island.

ATW 2231 Penarth

Calling at Grangetown, Dingle Road & Penarth.

ATW 2235 Rhymney

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Heath High Level, Llanishen, Lisvane & Thornhill, Caerphilly, Aber, Llanbradach, Ystrad Mynach, Hengoed, Pengam, Gilfach Fargoed, Bargoed, Brithdir, Tir-Phil, Pontlottyn & Rhymney.

ATW 2241 Aberdare

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Taffs Well, Trefforest, Pontypridd, Abercynon North, Penrhiwceiber, Mountain Ash, Fernhill, Cwmbach & Aberdare.

ATW 2241 Carmarthen

Calling at Bridgend, Pyle, Port Talbot Parkway, Baglan, Briton Ferry, Neath, Skewen, Llansamlet, Swansea, Gowerton ®(S), Llanelli (S), Pembrey & Burry Port (S), Kidwelly ®(S), Ferryside ®(S) & Carmarthen.

ATW 2246 Treherbert

Calling at Cardiff Queen Street, Cathays, Llandaf, Radyr, Ta

Edited by SCORPIO

Just to let you all know that Arriva Trains Wales will be running additional Shuttle Services from Cardiff Central after the Grand Prix.

Thanks Scorpio - it's always useful to know these things. :approve:

Guest Jacques

How good of you to take the time out to post all this info :)

(We won't be needing it though , we're making a weekend of it, travelling up by car Friday :D Yippee)

Edited by Jacques

Wow Scorpio - I think a lot of people will be grateful for that information. Very comprehensive

But Im like Jacques - arrive Friday lunchtime and go home sometime Sunday with a car in acar park somewhere!!!

I think most will make a weekend of it.

Premier League Pairs @ Somerset Friday, British Grand Prix Saturday and back to Rye House for our double header vs Redcar and Workington on Sunday.

Happy Days.

Many thanks for the compliments, it's good to know that it's appreciated.

I know most people will more than likely be travelling by car but those of whom that might have to or might want to use public transport and are planning to make a weekend of it by travelling on either the Thursday or Friday and coming back on Sunday or Monday please post here your requirements and I will endeavour to post the info here asap.

Scorpio

Edited by SCORPIO

Guest sjl
Wow Scorpio - I think a lot of people will be grateful for that information. Very comprehensive

But Im like Jacques - arrive Friday lunchtime and go home sometime Sunday with a car in  acar park somewhere!!!

Me too! Sooooo excited !!!! :D

Scorpio,

If I remember correctly, last year as the day got closer and people suddenly decided to come along, they were really keen for this information as there are no hotel rooms in the whole of wales available, so keep up the updates they will be read and used fequently, I can asure you of that. :D

Last year i didn't leave the stadium till about 11 o clock - so i better make sure i'm not too pissed and miss my lift to Newport . I gather there are no late trains after 11 .

Will be going via a bus from Norfolk Arena, so thankfully I dont have to worry about this.

Many thanks for the information, though, its always useful to know. :)

But Im like Jacques - arrive Friday lunchtime and go home sometime Sunday with a car in  acar park somewhere!!!

Fancy a race to see who can get there first? (No speeding of course :wink: )

Scorpio,

If decided to come along, they were really keen for this information as there are no hotel rooms in the whole of wales available, so keep up the updates they will be read and used fequently, I can asure you of that.  :D

When I checked the other day for myself and my friend Becky 'cos we are driving down, the nearest we could get was Bristol or Bridgewater.

When I checked the other day for myself and my friend Becky 'cos we are driving down, the nearest we could get was Bristol or Bridgewater.

tell the local council your asylum seekers,you may be alright then ;)