British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Who Should Ride For The Uk In The Wtc?

british speedway is just going through a slump, our time will come once some ambitious brits come to brough and george english whips them into shape.

Nicholls, Harris, Rico, Stead, Kennett/Howe

Difficult choice the last 'un both started impressly but even more impressive as been Kennett's Polish form which suggests he's on the 'pace'.

I'd get Bridger, Auty and Woffinden all involved in the set-up. Invite them to Coventry and take them to Poland.

Thank god your not Middlo.
Yeah, cos then he'd not have a bloody clue!! As it is, he does!

Matching an 8 point rider with a 4 point rider is bordering on the insane level.
I take it you mean Olly Allen the 6 point rider? (if Ed is 8, Olly is 6), there's 2 points between them but at Coventry, if Olly and Ed had a match race, I'd put my money on Olly!

If we're going on current form then the five highest British riders are :-

Nicholls 9.89

Harris 9.55

Howe 8.86

Stead 8.29

Richardson 7.79

With Kennett 7.53 and Norris 7.25 just behind .

But when you look at what's likely to be our side it just shows how far we are behind the Danes , Aussies , Swedes and Poles .

Swap Stead and Howe and you probably have the order of how good they are at Brandon too.

I'd go with Nicholls, Harris, Stead, Richardson, Howe then wait until nearer the time to decide from Ed, Floppy and Olly for the reserve position. Eds never done anything at Brandon, so has to be flying (if the meeting was tomorrow, he'd be in), Floppy is pretty average and needs to be doing ok and Olly can stake a claim if he is riding well.

In Poland, it's the top 6 in the averages, from the little I have picked up looking at Polish results I'd actually put Ed in the 1-5 and put David Howe in reserve. FOr that reason alone, Ed may get the reserve berth at Coventry and may even get a ride or two depending on the result. Another thing, I'd hope Middlo and the boys will romp to an early lead at Coventry then settle down and take second, so having to go to the race off :)

Yeah, cos then he'd not have a bloody clue!!  As it is, he does!

I take it you mean Olly Allen the 6 point rider?  (if Ed is 8, Olly is 6), there's 2 points between them but at Coventry, if Olly and Ed had a match race, I'd put my money on Olly!

Swap Stead and Howe and you probably have the order of how good they are at Brandon too.

You talk absolute rubbish on this matter. It's more like what hasn't Middlo done.

I have corrected you before about his great motivational skills and tactics to get the best out of weaker riders. Poole's form has proven it along with previous acheivements by the Brits.

Ha...Allen wouldn't have a chance at this moment. Eddie last night finished passed Crump and Bjarne and finished half a straight ahead of them and they were half a straigh ahead of the Wolves riders.

Kennett's abroad form is also much better than Howe's or Allen's ;) and he is a rider on high confidence.

TBH it would be a travesty and would take only a bonehead to leave him out. His form around this kind of track should ease him ahead of even Stead and Richardson.

Brandon and Wimborne Rd are similar tracks as had been proven that we ride well round there like they ride well down here.

Kennett is flying at the moment and showed he would be much better suited than Howe as he proved last night with a maximum and Howe couldn't beat Swist.

Also has Howe ridden at Coventry this season?

So please take off your Midlands tinted specs off.

Can't believe I'm actually going to rise to this, but here we go.

Cov and Poole have tracks of a very similar length, but the shape and surface are different.

Howe is averaging more than Kennett in the league.

Howe scored paid 9 from 4 at Brandon this season. Match report.

Kennett scored 4 from 4 at Brandon this season. Match report.

Allen has a current CMA of 5.33 at Brandon this season. Seasons stats.

At Brandon this season Kennett is behind both Howe and Allen in the pecking order. Hell, even Barker scored more than Kennett at Brandon this season.

Convinced?

Kennett should NOT be in team GB at Brandon.

Harris, Nichools, Stead, Richardson and Howe with either Allen or Kennett on STANDBY.

TBH I'd have Olly as track reserve for Brandon - but knowing Middlo - Kennett will be in the 1 to 5 :blink:

Guest PanthersChamp06

1. Nicholls

2. Howe

3. Stead

4. Rico

5. Harris

6. Kennett/Allen/Norris

Does it matter...we're not going to win it anyway.

Middlo will make the decision when the time comes.

something kicked into gear with kennett after the match at lakeside,i saw him at eastbourne this year and was disappointed,but since the essex match he has been top class.

if the stattos out there were to look at his average since lakeside(and include all guest appearances) his record takes a completely different stance

Why don't they get em all up at Coventry and do time trials?

Why don't they get em all up at Coventry and do time trials?

Good idea. The Poles probably do it each year.

Can't believe I'm actually going to rise to this, but here we go.

Cov and Poole have tracks of a very similar length, but the shape and surface are different.

Howe is averaging more than Kennett in the league.

Howe scored paid 9 from 4 at Brandon this season. Match report.

Kennett scored 4 from 4 at Brandon this season.  Match report.

Allen has a current CMA of 5.33 at Brandon this season.  Seasons stats.

At Brandon this season Kennett is behind both Howe and Allen in the pecking order.  Hell, even Barker scored more than Kennett at Brandon this season.

Convinced?

Not really, but impressed with the effort of trying to convince me. B)

In reponse, I would say Ed's form is currently shooting up and Howe's is slightly faltering and I think scores would be different now on current form and I am sure Ed would score similar, so I would say on averages, they are roughly the same.

Olly Allen IMO is not good enough. I'd rather have Norris.

Kennett also has the advantage of youth on his side over Howe. We should give more chances of our up and coming riders and I agree that riders like Bridger/Wright should be included in squad set-up.

The best way to resolve this IMO for the selection process would be, take the form of riders amd not just in the EL but abroad. See who does what in the British Final(stupidly of course, it not being held at a neutral venue but at Howe's home track ;) ) and pick the best riders for the track and conditions on the day.

Edited by bazaar3

Not a fan of the competition...not sure I'll be taking my usual spot at Brandon either...

Shame on ya, Steve! IMHO the SWC gives you better racing than the GP's - teams like Oz, the Danes, the Swedish etc take this comp very seriously, and at least half-a-dozen or so fans will travel from the other side of the world to watch it.

Must agree a team of Nicholls, Stead, Harris, Richardson and Howe for the Coventry leg would be the best you can put together, may even get you straight through to the final though that can be a double-edged sword, gives you too long between races I reckon; having said that, Poland this year will be very hard to beat at home. Go OZ!! Flyin' Ryan looks on form as well now he's not racing Elite League, 'tho how long that'll continue is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by BigFatDave