British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bazaar3

Who Should Ride For The Uk In The Wtc?

Team should be picked already by Middlo.

Why? they've only just come to a decision on the Cardiff Wildcard and anything can happen between now and the WTC. He probably has a shortlist but nothing will be definate yet, especially as he hasn't read any of the comments on here yet to get an idea what we the fans would like to see happen. :wink:

Oh yes.....the likes of Hampel, Gollob, Jagus round a Polish track plus apart from Nicholls, Harris and Stead none of them are heat leaders which means they aren't facing the world's best ride after ride.

It's alright beating a few EL reserves.....

After much consideration, I'd go

Harris

Nicholls

Rico

Kennett (simply because his Polish and the like have been better than Rico, Stead)

Howe/Stead

and the reserve at Cov Allen, and the reserve in Poland would be either Howe/Stead

You know what I was getting at please don't split hairs! You just named 4 of the TOP BRITS from the British Final in there including Edward who you pointed out is not a heat leader.

I think the majority of people are getting carried away with one meeting. Let's remember the opposition, the guys who ride will be riding the top of the top.
make your mind up either they are good enough to race against the best of the rest or they're not. Anyone can be beaten Crumpy is World Champion and not won a round in the GP's yet and he's supposed to be the best! :rolleyes:

I change my mind daily.

Obvious choices: Bomber and Nicholls.

Rico: always ups his game in the SWC

Howe: On current form

Stead/ Kennett : Really can't choose between the two. Tend to go more with Stead but Kennett's present form and manager bias might give him the nod.

Allen: (for the qualifier)Proved his worth on Monday at Wolves, so has to be in on his home track. If this team gel might be worth sticking with him thereafter. :unsure:

but Kennett's present form and manager bias might give him the nod.

That's unfair saying that LW, Middlo has always rated Edward even before he went to Poole, if he thinks Edward or anyone else is ready for WTC then they will almost certainly get the nod manager bias or not Edward is on fire at the moment but if he does get selected it will be because his Team Manager is also TEAM GB manager nothing to do with his ability to hold his own in some eyes. :rolleyes:

You're right Shazz it was unfair and I knew it as I wrote it, probably a bit of pay back for the comments about David Howe and his home track advantage. Apologies it wasn't called for! :oops:

Rico ALWAYS raises his game for the WC. To leave him out would be stupid.

Agreed. :approve:

After much consideration, I'd go:

Harris

Nicholls

Rico

Kennett

Howe/Stead

reserve at Cov Allen, reserve in Poland Howe/Stead

Agreed again. :approve:

I can't see us having too much to worry about in the meeting at Brandon, but sadly there's no way that we can track a team capable of winning in Poland. :(

You're right Shazz it was unfair and I knew it as I wrote it, probably a bit of pay back for the comments about David Howe and his home track advantage. Apologies it wasn't called for!  :oops:

Awwwwwww LW I was just commenting on your post not picking on you hun as others will be thinking what you wrote anyway :oops: I apologise for offending you into apologising :blink: I think :lol:

I can't see us having too much to worry about in the meeting at Brandon, but sadly there's no way that we can track a team capable of winning in Poland.

that all depends who prepares the track ..... if they listen to Ole and the way he wants it prepared and if we take guys who can ride a slick inside line and a grippy outside line

ironically the guy that worries me the most with moving from supposed white line safety is Rico but with Bomber, Simon, Scott and Ed we have 4 guys who dont mind seeking the dirt

their gating, the fans and atmosphere are more likely to be a threat to them

Why? they've only just come to a decision on the Cardiff Wildcard and anything can happen between now and the WTC.  He probably has a shortlist but nothing will be definate yet, especially as he hasn't read any of the comments on here yet to get an idea what we the fans would like to see happen.  :wink:

You know what I was getting at please don't split hairs!  You just named 4 of the TOP BRITS from the British Final in there including Edward who you pointed out is not a heat leader.  make your mind up either they are good enough to race against the best of the rest or they're not.  Anyone can be beaten Crumpy is World Champion and not won a round in the GP's yet and he's supposed to be the best! :rolleyes:

He's not finished in the top 3 for quite a while now :sad::shock:

Rico ALWAYS raises his game for the WC. To leave him out would be stupid.

The problem is with Richard300n, he is far too inconsistent and you never know if he is going to get 3 wins or 3 zero, plus he ain't no spring chicken anymore.

I would put him at reserve as a Shawn Moran. ;)

I think Simon Steads days in the GB team are over, its time for the new generation.

Rico does up his game, but I dont think you can warrant being in the side on that front.

the top five has got to be

Bomber

Nicholls

Howe

Kennett

Bridger

I don't like stead but one of his better tracks is brandon as for poland rico always going to score more than howe etc .

Nicholls

Harris

Rico

Stead

Kennett or howe nothing between them at the moment .

For Cov

Nicholls

Harris

Rico

Kennett

Howe

Stead on Standby

For Poland

Nicholls

Harris

Rico

Stead

Kennett

Howe/AN Other - On Standby

Edited by frigbo

I don't like stead but one of his better tracks is brandon as for poland rico always going to score more than howe etc .

Nicholls

Harris

Rico

Stead

Kennett or howe nothing between them at the moment .

Any reason in particular Orion?

If this is still done with 4 riders and a reserve to come in at any time then I would go with

At Coventry

1 - Scott Nicholls

2 - Edward Kennett

3 - David Howe

4 - Oliver Allen

R - Chris Harris

Then in Poland, drop Oliver Allen and bring in Simon Stead, but then move Kennett to reserve.

In the Qulifier GB should do well enough to qualify anyway, but using Bomber at reserve means he can take one ride from Howe, Kennett and Allen and if required can be used as a Joker in a weaker heat at any time.