British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Antonio Lindback

Well, someone asked if Lee Richardson was bored with the sport, but I think it's more pertinent for Lindback.

For myself, I just believe it shows the folly of charity nominations. Lindback shouldn't have been in the GPs this season and, like Lee Richardson last season, he looks like his confidence is shot to pieces.

Well, someone asked if Lee Richardson was bored with the sport, but I think it's more pertinent for Lindback.

For myself, I just believe it shows the folly of charity nominations. Lindback shouldn't have been in the GPs this season and, like Lee Richardson last season, he looks like his confidence is shot to pieces.

I don't see how people can say that riders are ''bored'' with Speedway - because have they told you that face to face? :blink:

No, thought so! ;)

He's just having a bad season - and needs to return to British Speedway to get his confidence back IMO.

Guest PanthersChamp06

But if he comes back, and carrys on this embarrassing form, whats his confidence going to be like then?

What Promotor is really desperate enough to gamble on a rider that is this bad :blink:

But if he comes back, and carrys on this embarrassing form, whats his confidence going to be like then?

What Promotor is really desperate enough to gamble on a rider that is this bad :blink:

This has happened to Lindback twice bfore when he has failed to score in a GP. Still he turned up at Poole the following week and scored double figures.

You think he would score 3-4 points a meeting in the EL?

he would soon be rattling in double figures every week. remember last year in the Panthers/Pirates meeting when he raced JBJ for the bonus? Still all there. Just needs a bit of time.

You don't become a bad rider overnight. Sooner he gets back to the EL the better.

I don't see how people can say that riders are ''bored'' with Speedway - because have they told you that face to face?  :blink:

Just my little joke. Following on from:

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/ind...topic=33483&hl=

Interesting to see that young Shovlar's view of Lindback's loss of form is significantly different from his view of Richardson's.

Truth is, Lindback's just never lived up to a reputation that he never warranted.

Guest Schumi
Sooner he gets back to the EL the better.

I have to ask, but why? What have we got to offer him that Poland or Sweden can't?

I have to ask, but why? What have we got to offer him that Poland or Sweden can't?

Obvious really, sexy young schumi. We've supporters who put up with the nonsense.

John Louis at Ipswich :)

He's racing against the top calibre of riders in the world, it doesn't mean he can't do a job in the EL.

Guest PanthersChamp06
This has happened to Lindback twice bfore when he has failed to score in a GP. Still he turned up at Poole the following week and scored double figures.

You think he would score 3-4 points a meeting in the EL?

he would soon be rattling in double figures every week. remember last year in the Panthers/Pirates meeting when he raced JBJ for the bonus? Still all there. Just needs a bit of time.

You don't become a bad rider overnight. Sooner he gets back to the EL the better.

Yeah i remember that, JBJ hugs the inside and Tonio flies the outside line. :rolleyes:

Yeah it has happened before, but the difference was last year he was scoring decent points in the league. This year, dropped in Poland, Poor in Sweden and not even riding over here.

Maybe not 3-4 but 5-6 :wink:

He needs some decent meetings, now otherwise it will get worse.... and thats hard to imagine :blink:

I don't see how people can say that riders are ''bored'' with Speedway - because have they told you that face to face?  :blink:

No, thought so!  ;)

He's just having a bad season - and needs to return to British Speedway to get his confidence back IMO.

Cant see him saying he is bored with speedway!!!! there is a question mark after the title which means the question is .... is he bored with it ;) , and IMO he is certainly not showing the passion and enthusiasm that we have seen in previous years and as I said on another thread he hasnt just lost his talent overnight. :unsure::blink:

Edited by baz brush

I see Lindback being bored with Speedway. 0points from 5 rides... If i remember correctly Lee R did that last year.

If he sorts his bikes out he might start to get some of that confidence back. Its tragic to see him, as he looks a shadow of the rider he was only a year or so ago. Hopefully, he didn't just get carried away by all the hype that was going on around him.

For me, one of the worst things in speedway is seeing a talented rider going through a really bad patch, it must be hell for the rider. No good telling him he needs to get back to basics, etc, etc, he'll be doing everything he can to find the problem and beating himself up that nothing seems to be working for him.

Don't lose faith Tonio.

The bloke had a big head and thought he was two big for the elite league but without it he's gone downhill fast .

Should had never had left poole and now is paying the price .

The bloke had a big head and thought he was two big for the elite league but without it he's gone downhill fast .

Should had never had left poole and now is paying the price .

One thing that Antonio Lindback has never been is big-headed! Because he was the only black rider in the Elite League, he was always under terrific media pressure...and handled it very well.

Have you ever met him? He is one of the nicest people you would ever wish to meet...no big ego, no arrogance and always had time for the fans, in spite of some of the most appalling racial abuse he received at certain tracks. His answer to that was : "When I'm wearing my helmet nobody can see the colour of my skin."

Yes, Swindon was one of the tracks where he was racially abused!

Errm...by so-called Poole fans Pollyanna :oops:

Not one of our finest moments. :(