British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RPNY

Crumpy Down On Power?

He just isn't dominatin races in the GP like he was last seaon.. It it man or machine?

All things are relative. The margins are small, so machinery may make a material difference... but at this level I think it's all in the mind - if you truly believe you're going to win, you probably will. Crump may be having a few doubts, and it shows... :unsure:

Guest Schumi

I had this very conversation with someone yesterday. I don't think it's his machinery - I find it hard to believe the current world champion could have problems in that respect, but he was beaten by Richardson, Ulamek and Drabik in Poland last night, amongst others.

Not sure there really is a problem with his GP form - more that Nicki seems to have everything right at the moment, the same as Crump and Rickardsson have dominated in previous years, but I do think he seems to have lost a tiny bit of the fire that he's shown before in his league form. Maybe that seems harsh, as he's scoring well for Poole, but he was so impressive last year that inevitably any slight drop in performance will be noticed. But don't write him off yet - it's early days.

not that I'm any expert but it just seems he needs to fire himself up,where has the aggression gone,saying that he has still made two finals out of two,it will only take one good gp and Nikki to have a bad un and it's all game on again!!

That's the point. Sooner or later Nicki will have a brain seizure and do something rash. When things aren't going his way he's unpredictable, where Crumpie can gain through greater consistency. Very few riders can keep it going for a whole season, if any.

I to thought that he was lacking speed but when my wife returned from Poland with the race times I found that his first race in heat 4 was up until then the fastest time of the night, easily bettering the time of Niki P. I think he is not riding as well as last year. There are other riders who look better this time and Niki P's control and balance and ability to make the bike do just what HE wants and not vice versa is the difference at the moment and he is most certainly gating much better. Last year if you recall JC was not so dominent in heats 1 to 20 and invariably made a bigger effort in heats 21 & 22 and on at least 2 occasions he benefitted from others misfortune in finals. So perhaps its the new scoring system that has effected his mindset. ;)

That's the point.  Sooner or later Nicki will have a brain seizure and do something rash.  When things aren't going his way he's unpredictable, where Crumpie can gain through greater consistency.  Very few riders can keep it going for a whole season, if any.

Totally disagree, Crump last season and Tony Rickardsson the season before proved that riders can indeed "keep it going for a whole season" There is absolutely no reason why Nicki can't keep going. He seems to be riding with maturity this season and seems to be really enjoying his speedway this year, he will be World Champion with three GP's to go.

Totally disagree, Crump last season and Tony Rickardsson the season before proved that riders can indeed "keep it going for a whole season" There is absolutely no reason why Nicki can't keep going. He seems to be riding with maturity this season and seems to be really enjoying his speedway this year, he will be World Champion with three GP's to go.

Everything is flowing and going smoothly for Nikki,but we all know when the slightest things goes against him he is a different rider/person...Let's wait to see if he has matured,so far so good!!