British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tyke

Copenhagen Gp

The Hans/AJ incident... not implying Hans is a dirty rider or anything like that but I'm sure he's done a similar thing in the past and if the boot was on the other foot he'd be whining to the ref or AJ or whoever would listen to him if the race was stopped! :blink:

Bomber and Scott weren't great, although Harris was a bit unlucky. Nicholls needs to start scoring points quickly if he wants another chance next season but I suppose with Harris in his debut season, all this is part of the learning curve he's on in the GPs.

I noticed that all the riders had black armbands on in respect of Kenny Olsson I guess, did they mention him at the start of the coverage at all?

Was it me or did some of the riders have almost bare pits to usual, no particular reason for it I spose?

I noticed that all the riders had black armbands on in respect of Kenny Olsson I guess, did they mention him at the start of the coverage at all?

Was it me or did some of the riders have almost bare pits to usual, no particular reason for it I spose?

I never heard them mention Kenny at the start of the Sky coverage at all - we guessed that the black armbands would be for him being as notification of his death appeared on the BSPA site.

Yep - pits definitey looked bare - except for AJs which had a huge picture of himself in it...

No, they didnt mention it - wouldnt really take a lot, so rather bad on their parts. The Sky commentary isnt exactly the best anyway, but to miss out mentioning that when the riders all have armbands on seems a bit disrespectful.

I guess they dont want to scare new viewers away from the sport.

I enjoyed this GP a lot. IMHO the best one so far this year. A surprisingly well prepared track so some good action in a few heats. Enjoyable start girls too.

Well done Andreas and Tomek!

Hopefully Cardiff will be as good as this, or even better! Can't wait now! :)

PS. Does anyone know how Zagar is? I've been wondering if he's gonna ride in the Bydgoszcz v Torun match tomorrow...

Edited by Mateusz

Surely crumps out of it now it seems, nicki well on they way again, well done jonsson though :)

In Ht 16 Hans, in all his magnificence, rode Pedersen's torn face out to the fence and they showed , from the pits , greeting face up moaning at Prince Hans who just laughed at him .  :wink:

While he had his helmet on I might add.

Won a few quid on AJ myself .... thought he was great value at 33s seeing some of the other silly prices.

Surely crumps out of it now it seems, nicki well on they way again, well done jonsson though :)

Too early to say that but he's looking average at the moment amongst the quality of the GP field. He can't make consistent starts, his equipment is not up to his usual high standard and he's finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time on track. It's going to take something special to make up the ground he's given to those above him on the leader board.

I've just finished watching the recording and what a meeting, just a shame Leigh didn't win.

While he had his helmet on I might add.

Won a few quid on AJ myself .... thought he was great value at 33s seeing some of the other silly prices.

First time i hav not backed him for 2 years :(

Took Gollob instead at 66/1, if only he had made a better start......

Too early to say that but he's looking average at the moment amongst the quality of the GP field. He can't make consistent starts, his equipment is not up to his usual high standard and he's finding himself in the wrong place at the wrong time on track. It's going to take something special to make up the ground he's given to those above him on the leader board.

It took 98 posts before anyone finally mentioned the demise of the reigning world champion. Says it all really I suppose. He relies too much on raw speed IMO and not enough track craft and without the advantage of speed this time he is only achieving average results. He looks to be going flat out though, a bit like an athlete on the outside of the main pack who has to travel much further than anyone else. Better technical riders are quite simply picking him off up the inside.

It took 98 posts before anyone finally mentioned the demise of the reigning world champion. Says it all really I suppose. He relies too much on raw speed IMO and not enough track craft and without the advantage of speed this time he is only achieving average results. He looks to be going flat out though, a bit like an athlete on the outside of the main pack who has to travel much further than anyone else. Better technical riders are quite simply picking him off up the inside.

:lol: Favourite post of the weekend thus far!

I.M.O. it was a great GP to watch and well done the track staff for preparing just about the best temporary track ever.

The scoring system this year makes it a bit strange though that a rider (Adams) can get more points (18) than the guy who is declared the GP winner (Jonsson with 16) and a guy (Gollob) can get in the Final and score less points (11) than a guy who get knocked out in the semis (Andersen with 12). Still can't decide whether its a good or bad thing or whether it happens in any other sport.

Hi Lis

there are a few of us from the Backstraight Boys at Lakeside (Arena Essex) going, you won't miss us, we're all "oldies" and will be dressed in our blue "On Tour Shirts", come and have a chat (anybody going, that is!), we're a friendly bunch. :D

I can't believe i actually ran into you near the Nicki vip tent,my son heard the bike and said mumy mumy hury let's go over there it's nicki doing a show :P and just infront of us was a blue "backstraight boy" glued to the fence looking at Nicki ;) ....

Was really nice to meet ya all,i hope you had a great time in Copenhagen, if you come back for next year's GP we would love to show you more of copenhagen than just the english pub and parken. ;):D

Will send you the photo's we took when i get them uploaded to the pc...

Im ashamed that you are a panthers fan!..what a load of crap!.Crumpy is one of the greatest rider the world has ever seen..Hes consistently been at the top for years and hes having a bad patch like all champions.theres a select band of riders who have won it twice and he is one of them and that is not an accident.check out his league form.Bet you still wearing your flyin ryan hat!. :lol: