British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Berwick Anniversary Meeting

Sub has twigged it's above in the individual meetings. ;)

Yes with a bit of luck :D

Your not a fan then?

That was, indeed, an old Mongol? Had been to Morrison's and thought I'd pop in and see whether it was going to be on or not. You should've come over and said hello.

Your not a fan then?

Its not that topics about Berwick open meetings are always negative,don,t you agree :(

This could have been a classic but for the weather. :(

I feel really sorry for the wee man (PW).

What he had was a lineup where almost every rider had the potential to win - could have been a really close competition. No superstar, but still a top field, with plenty racers there.

The effort in bringing together sponsors , riders, riders of the past, track preparation, programme, etc., all gone to waste. Was quite sad reading through the programme at home, with all the greats of the club and the great history, to have it all spoiled by the bloody rain.

Can't but feel for all the guys who had put all the work into this...

Anyone know if it will be restaged?

What he had was a lineup where almost every rider had the potential to win - could have been a really close competition. No superstar, but still a top field, with plenty racers there.

The effort in bringing together sponsors , riders, riders of the past, track preparation, programme, etc., all gone to waste. Was quite sad reading through the programme at home, with all the greats of the club and the great history, to have it all spoiled by the bloody rain.

Thimk it is unlikely,but who knows, PW may surprise us.

maybe in forty years time ;)

I should say that's pretty definite judging by a previous post above yours. The effort in bringing together sponsors , riders, riders of the past, track preparation, programme, etc., all gone to waste. Was quite sad reading through the programme at home, with all the greats of the club and the great history, to have it all spoiled by the bloody rain.

Damn annoying isn't it after all the effort put in? When will this rain ever stop?! :(

It is very annoying as it had the makings of a good night, hopefully, this is just my own opinion, they could run some thing hand in hand with the Bordernapolis and combine the two ( no Peter that doesn't mean you charge double the price ), where you could ask a few old riders to come again and maybe a few that couldn't make it.

Get the GP riders at that meeting and the riders who were decent enough to come this time and have 16 riders.

That's just total fantasy though from a Berwick fan . :lol:

It is very annoying as it had the makings of a good night, hopefully, this is just my own opinion, they could run some thing hand in hand with the Bordernapolis and combine the two ( no Peter that doesn't mean you charge double the price ), where you could ask a few old riders to come again and maybe a few that couldn't make it.

Get the GP riders at that meeting and the riders who were decent enough to come this time and have 16 riders.

That's just total fantasy though from a Berwick fan . :lol:

Think that would make sense, have a feeling that our illustrious Promoter could pull that off as well. Sure he wont wait another 40 years to re-stage!

Peter Waite's an optimist, we all know that. He'll try and run it again and hopefully he'll get a line-up more in line with his ambitions. And, like wjm, I'd like it to be 16 riders and 20 heats.