British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Subedei

Berwick Anniversary Meeting

I see that Gdansk's Grzegorz Knapp has been lined up to ride in Berwick's 40th anniversary meeting this coming weekend.

He's Polish and used to ride with the weird wonder for Lublin, so perhaps he's being lined up as one of the solutions to Berwick's problems this season.

Hard to know what to expect from the Poles , well the ones you've never heard of.

I remember Mariusz Frankow rode in the Bordernapolis one year and only scored one point , mind you he was pretty impressive at Ashfield the following day .

I have watched 2 meetings where Knapp and Rempala have been riding.

1st meeting; Knapp 10, Rempala 4 + 1

2nd meeting; Knapp 2, Rempala 12

Seems to me that inconsistency seems to be something that the Poles have in common - our Mr Burza being the same.

One comment I would make anout Knapp from the 2 videos was that he looks like a Polish Scud!

Certainly not scared to ride around the boards!

maybe george stancl is the answer since he is now an ex tiger - still maybe not if it is conistency you are looking for - s far as tigers are concerned craig watson will be more than an able replacement for him .....???

Hope not cant really be fussed with another Pole at Berwick, Wortmann sounds of more interest to me.

I dont see how adding another Pole can be the answer to Berwicks problems when our problems are already our Poles. :blink::P

Edited by wjm

George was consistant for Newcastle last year, he always seemed to score about 8 points a meeting both home and away, usually made of of 2,2,2,2 or 2,3,2,1.

Nothing spectacular but you could pretty much always expect those points from him.

I see that Gdansk's Grzegorz Knapp has been lined up to ride in Berwick's 40th anniversary meeting this coming weekend.

He's Polish and used to ride with the weird wonder for Lublin, so perhaps he's being lined up as one of the solutions to Berwick's problems this season.

It's by no means perfect but the fantastic speedwayranking site does give a reasonable idea for riders coming from the top leagues. Knapp is currently ranked 142nd which puts him around the standard of PL riders such as Kramer, Ashworth, Nieminen and Boxall so he may well be a good bet???

Other rankings for Berwick fans to get an idea of how well this site works are...

Rempala = 162nd

Burza = 199th

Makovsky = 197th

Bergstrom = 213th

Robertson = 354th

Meldrum = 406th

Super Benji = 456th

By the way Casper Wortmann, who somebody mentioned, is down in 380th place but I find this site is not quite as accurate for riders who are not riding in the main leagues in Poland, Sweden or over here so he may well be a better rider than that placing suggests?

Like I said it's not perfect but it's a great piece of work, must take some real effort to keep updated and I'd recommend to anybody wanting to get an idea of how good a new rider may or may not be.

I was handed a flier as I entered Shielfield stadium in the cruel, crazy town last weekend for the Berwick versus Glasgow meeting. It was promoting the forthcoming 40th Season Celebration. The included the following:

"GP RIDERS as featured on Sky Sports"

Yesterday, only one blank space was left in a line-up that featured no GP riders. That space has been filled by David Meldrum. Yes, David bloody Meldrum. Well, that's it - decision made. I'll not be there. I'm not coughing over my hard earned to watch an individual meeting consisting of 12 heats and a final, again. If it was a proper 20 heat meeting, I'd go. But, with the announced line-up and only 13 heats, forget it. David Meldrum was the straw that broke this Bergstrom's back. I'll be back for the next proper meeting. This 40th Season Celebration is a sick joke.

Edited by Subedei

Smethills signed for Benji,Peter spoken to Stancl.

where'd u get that from?

Well do I go along to the meeting or stay in the Brown Bear ???????

Got the night staying over in the Border town with a bunch of 30 + mates so would they enjoy the Speedway or the Beer ? :P

Well do I go along to the meeting or stay in the Brown Bear ???????

Got the night staying over in the Border town with a bunch of 30 + mates so would they enjoy the Speedway or the Beer ? :P

Get 30+ into Wakies Broon Bean on a saturday night,you better bring a shoe horn,

still the best option though. B)

Get 30+ into Wakies Broon Bean on a saturday night,you better bring a shoe horn,

still the best option though. B)

sorry up4 i meant 30 + in age. 9 of us are staying over . Suppose at our age Bedrocks is well out of the question :D

Ryan Fisher is riding in this one.He is hoping to get a premier spot on a team.He's got the bikes sorted out so lets see how he does.