British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Racer X

Reading Individual On Monday

Still looking for a texter...anyone?

See what I mean!!

Sue

That will teach you for drinking instead of coming to see me at the collectors fayre on saturday....:-)

jaybea

Sue

That will teach you for drinking instead of coming to see me at the collectors fayre on saturday....:-)

jaybea

Drinking?

I went to the POW but there was no chance of a drink with the size of the queue...I nipped round to the local spar shop and the tea shop next door to get our drinks!

We did almost go to the collectors fair but after a horrendous journey time and booking into the hotel, plans sort of went awol and time was in short supply.

James did get a hat though!

Boo hoo.

Yet another week without the Racers ....

RAIN IS THE ONLY WINNER AT SMALLMEAD…AGAIN!

Regrettably, for a second successive Monday, this evening’s scheduled action at Smallmead has had to be postponed. The meeting was to have featured sixteen riders in combat for the Denny Pyeatt Memorial, but a waterlogged track has put paid to the event.

Racers’ boss Malcolm Holloway explained further: ‘We have been pumping water off the racing strip for most of the morning, but unfortunately it is waterlogged and we have been fighting a losing battle. I have been in touch with the Met Office and they tell me more rain is due at about 3.00 p.m., which will last for the rest of the day and into the night.’

A shame Bobby Schwartz isn't there, but I expect it's too short notice for his inclusion.

When I first saw the lineup for this meeting it was heartwarming to see that this meeting was taking place. But I also thought that it was a shame that there wasn't an American in it, and specifically Bobby. I mentioned the meeting to Shawn McConnell on Saturday at Costa Mesa and Shawn said he called in behalf of himself and Bobby, but was told that there was overwhelming response from British-based riders and the lineup filled up too fast. So a positive was the rider interest that it produced.

Hopefully, the silver lining in the rainoff will be that an American or two could be a part of the re-scheduled meeting.

I've also posted a link to a clip on Youtube that is an interview with Denny. It sounds as if it was done after his first meeting. I apologize if it has already been posted elsewhere on this forum.

When I first saw the lineup for this meeting it was heartwarming to see that this meeting was taking place.  But I also thought that it was a shame that there wasn't an American in it, and specifically Bobby.  I mentioned the meeting to Shawn McConnell on Saturday at Costa Mesa and Shawn said he called in behalf of himself and Bobby, but was told that there was overwhelming response from British-based riders and the lineup filled up too fast.  So a positive was the rider interest that it produced. 

Hopefully, the silver lining in the rainoff will be that an American or two could be a part of the re-scheduled meeting. 

I've also posted a link to a clip on Youtube that is an interview with Denny.  It sounds as if it was done after his first meeting.  I apologize if it has already been posted elsewhere on this forum. 

Thanks for that. I saw Denny's first meeting for the Reading Racers. Such a tragic loss to the sport.