British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
donstrigger

Pre Meeting Entertainment

Ray Quinn 6/10 a bit full of himself :rolleyes:

Brenda 4/10 oh dear!

KFC brothers 7/10 ok I suppose

thought they were just about acceptable apart from brenda what was that all about . glad i found a use for my earplugs. what a row. thought mr quinn was very cocky . he aint the superstar he thinks he is

Edited by richard

What did everyone think then?

I really enjoyed the McDonald Brothers and thought they got the crowd going well. 9/10.

Ray Quinn was okay I suppose but not really my cup of tea. 7/10.

Brenda. The only act which got me covering my ears to try and protect them from her racket. 3/10. :blink:

Chas 'n' Dave.  All right I suppose but not very inspiring and didn't seem to get the fans behind them like the McDonald Brothers. 5/10.

Did we have pre-meeting entertainment?...thought that was some buskers from the city centre moved on by the old bill?! actually ignore that buskers are talented

Could barely hear any of it from the top tier anyway. PA system was awful,though I suppose the roof being shut caused some echo-factor.

Regardless, only liked the McDougles last song, didnt pay attention to the rest tbh, just say and read me programme. :P

Brenda might have been OK if the PA'd been better, and Ray was OK.

Nothing special, but hey. At the end of the day, who really cares? :P

We were on the bottom tier and the sound was very good but we have speakers on the floor right in front of us and extra speakers just above our heads under the middle teir if you are on the middle and top teirs you are having to rely on just the big speakers on the roof of the stadium and can imagine the sound being poor.

The entertainment wasn't my cup of tea but though it was no way the worst they have had at Cardiff over the year.

One thing I was dissappointed in though was the parade, it was crap, riders coming out one by one with no introduction over the PA. The best parade by far was last year with the jeeps and A team theme.

Edited by Rob B

Why are people dissing Brenda?! I thought she was good! :D

The sound was extremely poor in the top tier, but I wasn't too fussed. McDonald brothers were the best, Ray not too bad, Brenda was cack! Missed Chas and Dave completely, too busy talking. :D

Agree that the parade was poor but better than that year they came out in a limo! :blink: The riders should have been announced as they rode round.

Mcdonald brothers - 9/10 - LOVED THEM!!

Brenda - 2/10 - Didn't like her

Ray Quinn - 7/10 - Wasnt too bad liked a couple of songs

Chas n Dave 4/10 - Would of been good if i could hear what they was singing. Our speakers where good too!!

Guest PanthersChamp06

How awful was

'we love speedway

we love speedway

we love speedway'

that song needs to be destroyed!!!

Guest PanthersChamp06
argh! truly awful :blink:

it did its job though, get into your heat that annoying voice and beat :cry:

MacDonald Brothers.....enjoyed

Brenda .....hmmm

Ray Quinn.....Er god knows, took that chance to have my one and only ciggie of the GP

Chas and Dave, well I was in the stadium, saw them start but then got lost in conversation.

And that We love Speedway song....god how embarrassing!

Some people are being a bit harsh about Ray, cocky, i call that great stage presence, M brothers were ok but its hard for anyone to do well at cardiff because the sound systems crap you cant hear what anyone saying even Coombesy. Oh and because the crowd is so far awy u can't really interact with them.

I missed the Juniors racing, what was it like?

Edited by Saulyistheman