British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Best One Yet?

Last night was my first Cardiff GP but the racing definately made it worthwhile going and its good to see everyone agreeing that it was the best yet.

.....hopefully next years will be even better!!

Having been to just 4 at Cardiff, last nights was by far the best so far.

1- The track despite minimal dirt produced good racing

2- There was hard but fair racing

3 - The crowd was without doubt the biggest yet

4 - The start line girls get better and better ;)

5 - Both Brits through to the Semi-Finals

6 - A Brit in the final

7 - A British Winner B)

8 - A Wolves rider in the 16 riders :unsure:

9 - Great Presentation

10 - Great Atmosphere

11 - Great Stadium

12 - No injuries

13 - A full line up with no changes

14 - A few crashes with riders walking back

15 - Until the final, the high light - Nicki Pedersen falling in the semi-final and wondering who pushed him :lol:

Overall - 95/100

5 taken off for 500ml Coke @ £1.60, Mars Bars 80p etc etc

EDIT; Also Crumpy getting me loads in the GP Competition !!!

Shame about Hans Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by T.N.T.

The pre meeting atmosphere wasn't as good as usual because of the rain... but the meeting was by far the best ever :D

fantastic night have to agree with all comments..........crowd up, atmosphere the best i have witnessed (no doubt because of bomber) brilliant edge of your seats stuff...................

What a great advert for BRITAIN and SPEEDWAY.........

BSPA please note.............if you cant sell the sport to the masses after this .... well :wink:

Edited by weymouth alicat

I have been to all 7 Cardiff GPs and last nights was the best.

He's right for once.

I've been to every British GP too, and that was the best racing by miles. The best racing in ANY G.P. ever.

Fitting that the best rider won it, and the one who gave the most entertainment. Most of his fellow competitors seemed happy for him, and full marks to Crump for making Harris stand up on the victory parade and holding on to him.

Biggest ever crowd at Cardiff, but next year's will be bigger because everyone who was there will surely be coming back with extra people

Hans and Nicki crashing out in the semis was also very popular with the majority.

Track looked slick and flat, but then went on to produce the most amazing racing...many races with 3 riders disputing the lead...sometimes all 4.

BSPA need to get a DVD of that out to every potential major sponsor in the country.

Only downsides:

Why do the kids only get one race each? and why at 5.30pm when the stadium is almost empty?

Presentation lacked a bit...when the riders came round individually why weren't they introduced over the PA?

PA was rubbish on top tier. McDougal brother were inaudible (which wasn't a bad thing), and the poor sods had to stand round for an eternity waiting for someone to start the tape.

Black woman wasn't much better, Ray Quinn was OK, but suffered from the poor sound quality.

Chas and Dave thankfully didn't last long. A bit of that Rabbit thingy song, then I wondered why they were singing Amarillo, only to find that they'd already buggered off without singing Snooker Loopy and we were back to the PA.

But still..the best GP ever.... The biggest crowd...brilliant racing...the right winner.

Mr Leslie

Best GP ever no chance didnt you see the Polish GP last year fella.

You must of been doing yer stuff with Ulrika instead and missed it.

Get to specsavers guvnor

VV

One good piece of Sky interviewing went un noticed though

Scott Nicholls said "I have really got the this going since Lonigo last year"

we all know what he did there after the interview dont we !!!

Mr Leslie

yes, and last night's racing was far better.

Fantastic GP.

I still cant believe Bomber won!!...Chris Bomber Harris won at cardiff. Its really not sinking in at the moment.

Great racing last night Ive been to all but one Cardiff's and its certainly the best one yet.

Just hope Bomber can carry on this form in Prague!!....And for the bees ;)

Well Done Chris! :approve:

In a word, no. The racing was better in 2004.

The track broke up terribly last night and materially affected the opportunities of a few riders, most notably, of course, Nicki P in the semi-final. However, such track conditions are perfect for young Harris and he took full advantage of them - fair play to him. There couldn't be a more popular winner.

We've been to all 7 and this was the best. Spoke to one or two who thought that was only cos' Bomber did the biz, but I thought the racing was good even in the early heats. Nicholls and Crump, when Crump outfoxed him provoked a text from a non speedway mate, saying "that was actually quality".

Took my 4 year old for the first time, and thank god for ear defenders! Was worried that he wouldn't sit tight through it all, but he absolutely loved it.

Gives Sky something to dine out on (no bad thing), and the BSPA must use this to kick on, after some worrying times.

Mr Leslie

You must of been doing yer stuff with Ulrika instead and missed it.

Get to specsavers guvnor

VV

I was at Polish GP last year and you can't compare it to last night, last night was the best. Just watched it back on sky, and like Keith Huwen said, it was hard to remember a race that there wasn't some passing in apart from the first couple.

The problem is next year will seem pretty crap because it will be hard to be like that again.

Edited by Rob B

It only needs one word to describe it...............wow!!!!