British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
M08

Best One Yet?

Would you say that last night's meeting was the best yet at Cardiff?

I would.

Superb racing, and Bomber winning! :approve:

Got bloody soaked running from the stadium though :D

My 2nd year at Cardiff and I thought it was far better than last years. I thought that overall the track held better even with what seemed to be a bit of a problem between turns one and two. I thought the whole meeting's racing was better and the entertainment was good as well. My son (13) never came last year and already wants the same seats as this year for next.

Great sporstmanship shown to by a lot of the riders during the event. AJ's gesture to Bomber after his fall was fantastic. Crump encouraging Bomber to stand on the back of the vehicle to take the fans cheers was very good to at the end.

It would be good to see the stadium filled with even more fans. Would it not be better to have them empty seats filled somehow, maybe even cheaper seats at the top could be the way.

Would you say that last night's meeting was the best yet at Cardiff?

I would.

Superb racing, and Bomber winning!  :approve:

Got bloody soaked running from the stadium though  :D

I think definitely. Great atmosphere, great raing and great company to quote BobC on the other thread. And a British winner to boot - it doesn't come much better than that.

And yes, got totally drenched too going back to the coach. Sat in cold, soggy clothes for 3 hours and then got soaked again waiting for a taxi. Great fun :lol:

This was my second Cardiff GP, and it was definitely the best. As someone said earlier in the thread though, I'm amazed that we can't fill the stadium. Was last night's crowd the biggest ever? Seemed to be more there than last year.

Amazing atmosphere yesterday

one quick question.

does anyone know where i can see some pics from the grand prix last night?

thanks

This was my second Cardiff GP, and it was definitely the best. As someone said earlier in the thread though, I'm amazed that we can't fill the stadium. Was last night's crowd the biggest ever? Seemed to be more there than last year.

I would say that they did have the biggest crowd there last night.

But there seemed hardly anyone in the BT stand. :unsure:

Amazing atmosphere yesterday

one quick question.

does anyone know where i can see some pics from the grand prix last night?

thanks

No doubt Mike Patrick will have pics on his site in the next day or two.

Guest sjl

My 1st time at a gp and I thouht it was AWESOME can it get better than that? :D

I have been to all 7 Cardiff GPs and last nights was the best.

Funny how the organisers fill the back straight top tier before the home straight top tier. I was up on the top tier last night and the viewing is good but too far away from the action.

Perhaps flog thos seats for a tenner, or better still, run some comps in the nationals where they say ten pairs of tickets are available to win, when really everyone who enters and gets the question right ( who won the 2007 GP etc) gets a pair of tickets for the upper tier.

Top tier tickets for a tenner? Yes please, its the best place in the stadium.

Last night we were on the back straight directly opposite the start gate a couple of rows from the front of the tier and it was the best yet!

Cracking atmosphere and some great racing and a final race won by a Brit. Couldnt ask for more really :D

It was my 3rd GP at Cardiff and it was definately the best one so far. Track seemed to hold up better and the racing quality was clear to see.

yes i think it was the best one at cardiff i didnt go last night but i really wished i went. i was really happy bomber won but would of been more happier if nicki won as he is my favourite rider. just hope i can go to next year have been 3 times already and the atmosphere is fantastic just gutted i missed out on seeing bomber winning the gp.

Wow! Not only the best ever Cardiff GP, but one of the best speedway meetings I have EVER been to. Magic atmosphere, superb presentation, brilliant racing and a home winner. I've been riddled with goosebumps all day just thinking about it!

The music booming out and the big screen presentation worked brilliantly. The organisers did a great, great job. The crowd were also magic, full of couour and noise. Some great banners too...my favourite was "Taxi for Pedersen!" after the world champ-in-waiting exited the semis. :lol: And Bomber Harris!? Incredible. Pre-season, I did not think he'd be up to this level, but I could not have been more wrong. He is absolute dynamite at the moment, will never settle for second and deserves every bit of praise going his way. Thanks for giving us a night that none of us will forget. :)