British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sirmattyisbac

On The Day Ticket Sales

did everyone else see or join the queue? :shock:

couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery!!!! :sad:

last year brought them at the stadium ticket office but couldnt this year!!!

also no kids tickets :shock:

sirmatty now known as sirmatty is bacccccccccccccccccc

Well I thought that you looked very smart sirmattyisbackwithanewnamebecausehecantrememberhisoldpassword or whatever you are called these days? :unsure:

Sat in the front row between bends 1 and 2 in your finest pulling gear! The Mr Clean Fan Club had a good old chuckle once we spotted you, I can tell you! :D

Hope that you had a good one (despite the ticketing fiasco)! B)

Sat in the front row between bends 1 and 2 in your finest pulling gear!

B)

Did you have your balaclava on again then Matty?? :lol:

Edited by frigbo

You reminded me of someone Sirmatty....but I'm damned if i can remember who :unsure:

You could make a living as a lookalike - as soon as I remember for whom I'll let you know :rolleyes::P

Edited by rabbit

Funnily enough, the only negative of the day.

Milli Stad Ticket Office's allocation ran out - only selling £65

Went to the ticket office on Westgate Street.

The chap got us 3 family tickets plus 2 children all together - smashing work from him. I noticed that all these tickets were full-stubbed, so anybody could have bought a family ticket and used for 4 blokes.

It seems they only had an allocation also and once this ran out, there would be a panic.

When I got to the stadium to see the Front Straight;'s £32 tickets completely empty - made me angry because it simply proven they hadn't printed enough tickets for the event.

Can honestly say don't leave buying your tickets till on the day.

I think next year the crowd will leap up in size after Saturday and could be pushing the 60,000 for 2008. Imagine if it ever got to the stage where you had to buy your ticket the day it came out or miss out! ( Not ever likely to happen!) :D

Can honestly say don't leave buying your tickets till on the day.

I think next year the crowd will leap up in size after Saturday and could be pushing the 60,000 for 2008. Imagine if it ever got to the stage where you had to buy your ticket the day it came out or miss out! ( Not ever likely to happen!) :D

If that happened, imagine the noise for british riders. Especially if a british rider won.. again. :P

If it got so popular that the place sold out in a couple of hours ( some events do) there would be a lot of very unhappy fans and IMG would have to have a club system to make sure the tickets went to the right people rather than a free for all at seeticket.

did everyone else see or join the queue? :shock:

couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery!!!! :sad:

I walked past the queue and went to the collectors fair instead, on the way back to the pub the queue had all but gone so in I walked 2 minutes later and I had 4 tickets and had taken the poster from the window :D

Funnily enough, the only negative of the day.

Milli Stad Ticket Office's allocation ran out - only selling £65

Went to the ticket office on Westgate Street.

The chap got us 3 family tickets plus 2 children all together - smashing work from him. I noticed that all these tickets were full-stubbed, so anybody could have bought a family ticket and used for 4 blokes.

It seems they only had an allocation also and once this ran out, there would be a panic.

When I got to the stadium to see the Front Straight;'s £32 tickets completely empty - made me angry because it simply proven they hadn't printed enough tickets for the event.

There were no £32 seats on home straight. The upper tier tickets on home straight were around £60 - home straight jusged to be 'premium seats'

There were no £32 seats on home straight.  The upper tier tickets on home straight were around £60 - home straight jusged to be 'premium seats'

So buy £32 seat and walk around to the home straight.

Didn't bother buying tickets on the day eventually. By the sounds of your comments, I'm glad I didn't! :lol:

I know someone who cued up for 1 hour getting their tickets that they'd pre ordered on the Thursday night.

Well I thought that you looked very smart sirmattyisbackwithanewnamebecausehecantrememberhisoldpassword or whatever you are called these days? :unsure:

by the time i got bac from the ticket office brought ya a pint only to find that ya had rushed in to the stadium to see the x factor pre race entertainment

hope ya enjoyed it!!!

the pint tasted great