British Speedway Forum

I fail to see the relevance.

Me neither, sorry, unless in comparision you are also going to quote the average wages for the years quoted because everything goes up over the years.

Were the ticket's for the SWC at Reading last year not £25 or am i thinking of something else?

:o Strewth I hope not!

I think a fairer price would be about £17. It's probably not so bad paying out £22 if you are going alone and a wage earner, but take a partner with you who is not working and £44 is a lot of money to come out of one week's wages. Added to that, if you are a Coventry fan there was also a match on Monday and another on Friday so I don't blame those who are not going.

Edited by Gemini

Brandon is normally £15 to get in for 15 heats = £1 per heat

Monday is £22 for 22 heats (according to an earlier poster) = £1 per heat

Chances are there might actually be some racing as opposed to the last 2 times Ive been at Brandon (the last one where the track announcer was egging the team on to beat their highest score record - yep it was that close.....)

So it seems to me like its about the same value (or possibly better) - anyhow, we will be there, and looking forward to it !!

Edited by paulr

You seem to have been unfortunate in your choice of meetings - presumably either Lakeside or Oxford - because there has been some brilliant racing at Brandon this year. It's worth the admission money alone to watch Chris Harris battle from the back.

I take it you weren't there for the Poole match on Monday either? Missed a cracker then as well.

It's not you who was considering taking his lad on Friday is it? If so - my advice is don't. :D

I think for the quality of races and riders that will be on show come monday night is well worth the extra £7 from a league meeting, and plus people seem to forget that there will be 25 races on monday whereas there is only 15 ina normal meeting!

So get your hands in your pockets and get up to brandon for what will be a spectacular meeting!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

£33 to sit in the Grandstand though. That IS a lot of money!

£22 is a perfectly fair price (particularly as it's 25 heats, paulr)

£33 to sit in the Grandstand though. That IS a lot of money!

But that is indeed way overboard, should have been no more than £27...however I suspect it will still be full, so... :neutral:

Putting my economists hat on...

Anything that is sold is only ever worth what someone will pay for it. So, while we may think £33 is a bit steep, Steve is right. Wait to see if anyone will pay for it. If the grandstand is full then £33 was too cheap, and they could have gone higher. If there is only the odd empty seat then they got it just about right. If there are large gaps then it was priced to high. :approve:

Putting my speedway fans hat on...

You thieving £*&$)"!%. That's a complete rip-off!! :angry:;)

I think £22 is a fair Price, but Jesus i didnt know that it was £33.00 to sit in the grandstand thats ridiculous pricing!!!!

But like some people have said if people are willing to pay then they aint going to change it and im sure if nobody was buying the tickets then the price would be reduced!

My personal view is that it will still be full!!!!!!

Edited by Bomber86

I didn't know about the £33 either. :shock: That probably explains why 10 of the people I know aren't going...although they could have stood up all night for a change and only paid £22. :D

Like 21st it will be interesting to see just how many fans turn up. I can't see the grandstand being anywhere near full; plenty of gaps I reckon but hopefully I will be wrong.

I'll take your word for it Gem, but I've been told some things start to droop over the years.

You are right of course - not everything goes up over the years - but it's too depressing to talk about. :P

....and im sure if nobody was buying the tickets then the price would be reduced!

I very much doubt it. There would be an uproar from the fans who have already paid the full price.

Edited by Gemini

quote]

I very much doubt it. There would be an uproar from the fans who have already paid the full price.

Very True Gemini, Quite a stupid Remark form me really, at work you see trying to post on hear as well as do me job!!!!! :lol::lol:

Very True Gemini, Quite a stupid Remark form me really, at work you see trying to post on hear as well as do me job!!!!!

I'll let you off as you're normally very sensible. :D

Whereabouts do you stand at Coventry? Looks like I might be rather bored on Monday so I will probably be taking a walk round all night watching from different places. I'm sure there will be plenty of room to manoeuvre. Don't worry - I'm quite harmless and as long as you don't talk like SCB I'll no doubt even be able to understand what you say. :P

Edited by Gemini

Very True Gemini, Quite a stupid Remark form me really, at work you see trying to post on hear as well as do me job!!!!!

I'll let you off as you're normally very sensible. :D

Whereabouts do you stand at Coventry? Looks like I might be rather bored on Monday so I will probably be taking a walk round all night watching from different places. I'm sure there will be plenty of room to manoeuvre. Don't worry - I'm quite harmless and as long as you don't talk like SCB I'll no doubt even be able to understand what you say. :P

Hi everyone im new, been reading your views and i agree the price is high , were having to leave our kids at home, cant afford to take them as well they can watch it on sky.

What are the kids prices?

£10, same as concessions.

So I get in for the same price as an EL meeting so I'll have nobody complaining about the cost as BSI have set the most iportant price correctly :D