British Speedway Forum

So who is going to this?

I hope a lot of you are because I asked about 20 Bees fans that I know last night and no-one is going. :sad: Looks like the attendance could be pretty low if this is anything to go by. The reason is unanimous - they all think it is too expensive at £22. With it being live on Sky as well they have no incentive to put themselves out as they'll be able to watch it at home for nothing.

Looks like it will just be me and the dog on the 4th bend. :neutral:

If I wasn't on holiday I would have been there. A big meeting at Coventry is LONG overdue.

Nice price indeed.. :P

It's only 7 quid for the final at Leszno.

Ridiculous isn't it. :angry:

Also, to watch a La Liga game at Valencia, it's about 8 quid. Compared to £30 to watch Ipswich in the Championship. :angry:

Always our country that over charges. :mad:

Nice price indeed.

It's only 7 quid for the final at Leszno.

Well I think a lot of people are being put off by the high price for what will no doubt be pretty mediocre teams on display - apart from Great Britain of course :P

Trouble is a poor attendance will probably put Mr Sandhu off using Coventry again.

It doesn't matter if theyre's a low attendance or not Gemini, Sandhu doesn't see any of the turnstile money! He will obviuosly get the takings from bars and fast foods! Why should he care if theres only a few people there, he;s already sorted out his fee for loaning stadium out to BSI! The stadium would have been closed on Monday so why not just sick back and watch the money come rolling in ~ he's got his head screwed on!

Trouble is the price looks bad on Cov but it's BSI who set the prices, it wasn't until yesterday the stadium actually found out what's going on!

I think for the quality of races and riders that will be on show come monday night is well worth the extra £7 from a league meeting, and plus people seem to forget that there will be 25 races on monday whereas there is only 15 ina normal meeting!

So get your hands in your pockets and get up to brandon for what will be a spectacular meeting!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He will obviuosly get the takings from bars and fast foods!

Thought the food/drink had been shipped out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think it's bad value. More races, and with the lack of live action recently I'm happy to get any speedway I can.

So, Gem, I'll be there.

One of the best meetings I have been to atmosphere wise was the SWC round at Swindon a few years ago. So I'm looking forward to going.

This is where someone says of course you will be :wink: but I'll reply with probably not :lol:

Guest Babe619
I wouldnt be welcome  :D

I won't be welcome at Cov or at home (There is a country argument between my family!) but I'm probably going anyhow. :P:wink:

Edited by Babe619