British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

He's booed at Poole eh? Bit Like Eddie Kennett a few years ago. Showboats pre-race? Bit lie Eddie Kennett a few years ago.

He's a 17 year old kid with a LOT of talent, he likes to show off a bit, what teenager doesn't?

When he's winning GP's I'm sure the Poole faithful will love him, provided he's doing it while also scoring points for the Pirates!

wheelies when another rider is fallen on the track? hmm showboating a little i can understand but not when another rider could be hurt under the airfence

wheelies when another rider is fallen on the track? hmm showboating a little i can understand but not when another rider could be hurt under the airfence

Why? What do you want him to do? Go and sit with him?

Surely detracting attention away form the injured rider is a good thing? :blink:

so what happens if he causes another accident then. he should go to the pits like the rest of the riders.

When he's winning GP's I'm sure the Poole faithful will love him, provided he's doing it while also scoring points for the Pirates!

Actually you're onto summat SCB! haha

Give the kid a break,we seem to knock anyone rider with a bit attitude, aint done Hans & Nicki P any harm.

Why?  What do you want him to do?  Go and sit with him?

Surely detracting attention away form the injured rider is a good thing?  :blink:

So you think it was ok to wheelie down the back straight going into the third turn..... the same third turn where Troy was still on the track?????????????? Wonder if you would of thought it was ok to entertain the crowd if he had hit Troy,the track staff or the St Johns personel????

Edited by scottyfan

So you think it was ok to wheelie down the back straight going into the third turn..... the same third turn where Troy was still on the track?????????????? Wonder if you would of thought it was ok to entertain the crowd if he had hit Troy,the track staff or the St Johns personel????

Yes I agree the boy has got a very determined attitude, and maybe it was wrong of him to do a wheelie whilst troy was still down, but he was leading the race and looked very fast and smooth out front before the race was stopped, and now I am sure he knows now after reading these comments, but he has the skill on a bike not to lose the control of his machine and hit troy or the medical staff ;) were not talking second half racing :) but he is not big headed what so ever, my brother goes to the gym every day between the times of 2pm and 10pm and he always comes round to mine after and always informs me that lewis was down the gym again, and that tells me that the kid had obviously got his head right and not following the foot steps of the likes of Ryan fisher, Billy janniro etc, he is only 17 and he is on fire and he would of done a lot better job than Kennett and stead in the final of the world cup for sure.

Yes I agree the boy has got a very determined attitude, and maybe it was wrong of him to do a wheelie whilst troy was still down, but he was leading the race and looked very fast and smooth out front before the race was stopped, and now I am sure he knows now after reading these comments, but he has the skill on a bike not to lose the control of his machine and hit troy or the medical staff  ;)  were not talking second half racing  :)  but he is not big headed what so ever, my brother goes to the gym every day between the times of 2pm and 10pm and he always comes round to mine after and always informs me that lewis was down the gym again, and that tells me that the kid had obviously got his head right and not following the foot steps of the likes of Ryan fisher, Billy janniro etc, he is only 17 and he is on fire and he would of done a lot better job than Kennett and stead in the final of the world cup for sure.

Agreed. Floppy has said that Lewis has a great attitude towards his racing. He is focused and determined every time he gets on a bike.

Also, unlike many riders, if he has a bad ride he blames himself, not his machinery.

The kid is 17 years old. He is a real talent and a winner.

Trouble is all we ever seem to want in the U.K. are riders which are happy to finish last in the WTC Final, because "at least we made the final".

And how can SS say he never had a go at the boy when his previous post said that Lewis is just "an out of control rider on fast equipment" I'd hate to see a compliment of his!!!

There's no denying he has talent. And I am sure, and hope, he makes it to the very top of the sport.

But too much showboating before a race and he showed scant regard for a rider laying prostrate on the track. Add to that his tantrum at the pit gate which affected others. he needs a bit of guidance, and now.

but he has the skill on a bike not to lose the control of his machine and hit troy or the medical staff

Forgive me if I'm wrong but...

Don't things like the throttle getting stuck sometimes occur. :unsure:

I don't think bike skills would come into the equation at this point would they :unsure:

I think that the problem is that a few young riders know that they are good and their arrogance is not an endearing quality to most of us.

Bloody nora, so he perhaps shouldn't have done a wheelie whilst Troy was being attended to, but his misdemeanour doesn't deserve a full scale trial does it, leave him alone ................... he's young and probably a little full of himself, just like most 17 year olds eh, can't change his age however much u pour scorn lol