British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
nightrider

Young England V's Young Australia

This sounds likely to be a very good meeting with a number of up and coming young stars in the line up. I imagine Tai Woffinden and Jay Herne will likely be top scorers for the the Young Australians.

Who will be riding for Young England as I know there is also a Junior Championship at Belle Vue the same night, which includes Adam Roynon, Ben Hopwood, Joe Haines and the like. We have plently of great young talent out there and am sure it will be a great meeting. Looking forward to it.

Off up to Sheffield now for the Top gun...just hope the rain holds off!!

Edited by nightrider

Hmmmm so did I but he has I am told, said htat he would ride for Australia too. It will be interesting to see which side he chooses but my personal bet is on Australia. Understandable really - he may have a Uk passport and British parents but has lived most of his life in Oz and must feel an allegiance to that country.

May be we should all put bets on which side he will be riding for?! :)

He'll probably use the British meetings, then when he's 'old enough' to decide which country to ride for, he'll be Australian! Bingo! :rolleyes:

Surely if Jay Herne rides for Australia, then it's perfectly fine for Tai to do the same?

Or are people only compliaing because Tai is good?

Surely if Jay Herne rides for Australia, then it's perfectly fine for Tai to do the same?

Or are people only compliaing because Tai is good?

Which must mean that you dont think that Jay is good :blink:

Which must mean that you dont think that Jay is good :blink:

I don't think he's as good as Tai, thats for sure.

For a start he's about 4 years older which means he's already behind him.

Yeah but wasn't jay born in aus and didnt he live all his life there,which makes him aussie,however tai was born here and has british parentage so he is british.

Yeah but wasn't jay born in aus and didnt he live all his life there,which makes him aussie,however tai was born here and has british parentage so he is british.

Correct.His Mother is British,and he rides on an ACU licence.

Tom Hedley should be in this one for the Aussies?

anyone read the cardiff programme where tai talks about winning a GP and having the ENGLISH national anthem played?

Should be a very interesting meeting at Poole next week with Team GB U21's taking on the Aussie U21's.

Admission has been reduced to a tenner, which is very nice.

Teams are yet to be confirmed, though Holder might ride but is in the Aussie WTC team, Batchelor is a definate starter for the Aussies, and Kennett, Bridger are in the field for us.

Also lining up is Tai Woffinden. But for which team? It is the time he has to nail his colours to the mast. Will he ride for TeamGB or Australia?

I hope he sees sense and rides for his home country. Better exposure and better sponsorship in the long run. Guess will will find out soon enough.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Would like to see summat similar at Lynn 100%!!

I thought Ed wasn't going to ride coz of the SWC???? I'm sure I read that Stroppy Bridger is captain for GB and Troy for Aussie's. Any other news on who's riding???? Would like to see Jay Herne riding

Never understand why they put GB meeting on in week! Its not going to be on sky and like most speedway fans i work so why not put on a weekend when probably three time the amount of people turn up.....

P***ED OFF LEE lol :angry: