British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Will Middlo Inspire Us To Swc Glory?

Can't do it without the raw materials can we? In those 7 years you forget to mention the riders Middlo has had to try and win the thing with.

If anything I would say that they have over achieved in Middlo's reign.

Can't see them overcoming Denmark or Poland this year especially on Polish shale. But I would be surprised if they don't have a good go.

think chris harris should go well in poland assuming we make it there that is

The present riders and manager are not good enough to win this years WTC,3rd place in the final is about our worth,but the future does look abit rosier and with a younger manager maybe in 3-4 years time we could be pushing for 1st place.

Future England team squad could look something like.

L Bridger

E Kennett

D King

O Allen

C Harris

S Stead

J Wright

J Auty

T Woofinden (hopefully he rides for England and not Aus)

Manager D Norris.

I,M sure others have thier views but the persent Squad and Manager are not up to it

If GB they put as much effort in as they have the last few years I for one will not slag the off. As for Middlo I doubt whether there is any body better, but some could do as well.

It's down to the riders, not Middlo.

Middlo picked a top 4 that anybody would have and then there are only about 2 or 3 riders who could even replace Kennett and 1 of those is out now injured (Howe), so what else does he need to do to "inspire us to SWC glory"?! :blink:

It's down to the riders, not Middlo.

Middlo picked a top 4 that anybody would have and then there are only about 2 or 3 riders who could even replace Kennett and 1 of those is out now injured (Howe), so what else does he need to do to "inspire us to SWC glory"?!  :blink:

There is nothing God could do at the moment with the current GB riders available,but the future looks better, but it would have to be with a better team Manager.

Midlo has made some questionable decisions at both club and international level,so maybe its time for a change.

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought is said Will Millard inspire us to SWC glory and was thinking what the bloody hell has the master of commentry cock ups gotta do with it :lol::oops:

There is nothing God could do at the moment with the current GB riders available,but the future looks better, but it would have to be with a better team Manager.

Hope you didn't misinterpret my post as that I would disagree with this, I really agree.

I just think that this year we don't have enough riders and a manager only has to name the riders, in the future no doubt we'll have a lot more to play with in which case I think a new manager would certainly be a lot better, in fact I think it could be as soon as next year, surely a few of our young Brits coming through will be just about ready to ride and do well in the world cup. :)

Can't do it without the raw materials can we? In those 7 years you forget to mention the riders Middlo has had to try and win the thing with.

If anything I would say that they have over achieved in Middlo's reign.

Can't see them overcoming Denmark or Poland this year especially on Polish shale. But I would be surprised if they don't have a good go.

They could surprise us all and win!! :D:D

They have as much chance as any other country; it's all down to the day itself and having that little bit of luck!

Edited by Pollyanna

But if they win because of a little bit of luck, it won't be because Middlo inspired them surely?

Vega

why do your posts always come across as if they were written in the playground?

You were wrong last season and made yourself look a plank......... and yet here you are back for more desperately attempting to build up the pressure

The boys will do as well as they can and unless Middlo decides to not do his job then I am sure that the team will get the same commitment from a guy who has consistently had to make do with injury hit teams taken from understrength squads

I am certain that if rankings were drawn up based on the riders league performances that GB would be ranked 5th........... on that basis anything better has been a good performance .....as has been shown season after season in recent years

be careful what you wish for

:lol:

Middlo has the full respect of the riders, that is something that Rosco can only ever dream of!

Yea and has got beat 6 times :rolleyes:

Time for the great rosco to take us to the promise land :approve:

Have to say that for once I agree with Orion, I think Rosco would be better. Get some personality in there, a real man-motivator and Rosco could be Speedways Terry Venables (Euro96 era)

I'm amazed at the amount of people on here who speak with so much authority I can only assume they have spent hours in the pits with Neil :rolleyes:

I don't know the bloke personally but I have heard nothing but good things from the riders he has worked with over the years, so I know whose opinion I will listen to and respect:wink:

Spook

I werent wrong last year I said we wouldnt win the SWC and we didnt. Do yer homework fella before you post little bit of advice sonny jim.

VV

Spook

I werent wrong last year I said we wouldnt win the SWC and we didnt. Do yer homework fella before you post little bit of advice sonny jim.

VV

Well done VV, what a bold prediction to stick your neck on the line over :rolleyes:

Tell you what, I'll make one as well, Finland won't get to the final!