British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Scott Nicholls

How can you say that Trees you don't like the GP's :P:wink:

No, in a word.

Once again, the former British champion flops.

Somewhat surprisingly, too. Well, surprising for me, at any rate. I'm not sure you'd look upon it in quite the same light, eh Sub? :P I thought the rough track and difficult conditions early on would have played into Scott's favour, but he never really recovered from his first heat fall. Largely irrelevant anyway - I don't think anyone was really going to challenge Nicki.

Anyhow, on reviewing the last 4 GPs, from AND including the British GP, Scott is 4th in the overall standings! Behind Nicki, Leigh and Jason. Not bad.

And reviewing the last two GPs, Tomasz Gollob is in third place (behind Leigh Adams and Nicki P) and the former British champion sixth, with Jason Crump and Wieslaw Jagus also ahead of him. What does that prove? Nothing, the same as yours.

Subedei

He is in the top 8 mate...be afraid be very afraid...no more the begger.....Maybe the begging Poles will have to get there rice bowls out this time :-))))

And as i have said on repeated occasions....name riders who are not in the GP series who could do a better job....and dont say Kazprzak cos everyone will laugh at you

Jaybea

Subedei

He is in the top 8 mate...be afraid be very afraid...no more the begger.....Maybe the begging Poles will have to get there rice bowls out this time :-))))

And as i have said on repeated occasions....name riders who are not in the GP series who could do a better job....and dont say Kazprzak cos everyone will laugh at you

Jaybea

Jaybea,don't get into this again, i've learnt that it's not worth the effort with certain people. I'm just watching & laughing at their pathetic dribble now :P:wink:

Subedei

Jaybea

Why should I be afraid?

The difference is, young fellow, that I'll not be arguing for the inclusion of Messrs Hampel and Holta if they fail to make the top eight, while Jagus seems indifferent to carrying on in the circus in spite of making a favourable impression on most fair minded observers.

Hampel's had a few chances and not really taken them, so let him have a year on the sidelines pondering whether he really wants to get to the top.

Kasprzak, unlike any British riders, remains in the qualification process, so he has every chance of making the GPs sans nomination. But why will everyone laugh? Many people scoffed at Wieslaw Jagus being in the GPs, but he's just behind your beloved Beggar in the standings and must stand a good chance of over-hauling him with Bydgoszcz and Krsko (a couple of circuits you'd think would suit Jagus) The former British champion has never done much at Bydgoszcz (the circuit requires brain over brawn).

Edited by Subedei

Subedei

Jaybea

I can't believe anyone could say that at this point when Bydgoszcz and Krsko are still to come...two tracks which Gollob has performed well on in past seasons, Jagus came 4th at Byd last season and Hampel a semi-finalists at both tracks.

It's not a case of 'who could do better', it's about being right and proper. That's the argument. Some have pinpointed it towards Nicholls yet everyone forgots Sub's suggestion to exclude Lindback as well.

Edited by Hazzman

Am I the only one who has had enough of Sub? His comment about taking the last 2 GPs, holds little water, I am taking Scott's performances since the end of June. 4 GPs. A longer period of time. His EL average since July is also 11-ish.

Face it, he is clearly in good form. Certainly in the top 16 of the world and worthy of his place in the GPs so really, get over yourself!

Am I the only one who has had enough of Sub?

You've only posted eleven times and I've had enough of your terminal delusion already. The season doesn't run from the end of June, it runs from the end of April. And it doesn't end on August 31st either - it runs for another three GPs.

Edited by Subedei

That's the argument. Some have pinpointed it towards Nicholls yet everyone forgots Sub's suggestion to exclude Lindback as well.

That's very true. I always stated that Lindback and the former British champion didn't deserve nominations. I also stated that while Bjarne Pedersen should be given a second chance, I didn't expect him to take it.

Am I the only one who has had enough

Yes I have. Of people constantly putting the boot in and once again asking Sub's opinion. He's clarified it enough yet seemingly posters come back for more. :rolleyes:

Am I the only one who has had enough of Sub? His comment about taking the last 2 GPs, holds little water, I am taking Scott's performances since the end of June.  4 GPs. A longer period of time. His EL average since July is also 11-ish.

Face it, he is clearly in good form. Certainly in the top 16 of the world and worthy of his place in the GPs so really, get over yourself!

Look at 351 & 359 Authorised, you are not alone

To be honest, I don't like Subes constant jibes at Scotty BUT I do respect the fact that he IS entitled to his opinion and in all fairness Scotty has proved him right many times. I just sincerely hope that if Scott qualifies the right way for next seasons GP's then Sub will be gracious enough to admit he deserves it.

:There you go again, just showing the bits you want folk to see

Naughty girl :P

Edited by colincooke