1998: Polish Grand Prix winner

1999: Czech Grand Prix winner

1999: Polish Grand Prix winner

2001: German Grand Prix winner

2002: Polish Grand Prix winner

2003: Polish Grand Prix winner

2004: Polish Grand Prix winner

2005: Polish Grand Prix winner

Polish champion in 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 2001, 2002 and 2006.

Led Poland to the SWC in 1996, 2005 and 2007.

let me know when you do, i'll come along for the laugh ...

ok , but remember to bring some plastic pants :D

I can't beleive in trying to defend Nicholls people are saying Gollob hasn't got talent :mad:

Putting all rivalries aside think back and decide which of the two riders can make moves out of nowhere. Which of the two can ride lines no other rider does and make them work. Which of the two has had fans on the edges of their seats in GPs for the last decade. Clue - it ain't Nicholls.

As for injuries being used as an excuse - Nicki Pedersen anyone? Jason Crump anyone?

Personal issues - well we all have them and how we deal with them is part of our make up, but is shouldn't affect the way we do our jobs. That's called professionalism.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, cos you won't change mine, but if you are going to defend someone make sure you don't knock others to do it as it just devalues your arguement and makes you look desperate.

Edited by Star Lady

And Tomasz Gollob has been Polish champion seven times and this time next week it could be eight (the Polish final is on Wednesday). God alone knows how many times Leigh Adams has been Australian champion, or Greg Hancock American champion.

Now, let's bang GP titles on the table. Gollob has ten, Hancock seven (I think), Adams five and the former British champion has none.

Listen ,what's important is finishing in that top 8 & you don't need to win gp's to do that.I just wish folk would lay off the guy, he don't need the hassle :angry:

Star Lady

I dont think anyone is saying Gollob has no talent...He is by far the most naturally talented Speedway rider i have seen......and has been and still is a better rider than Scott Nicholls on his day.....I think it is just the constant barrage that you Subedei etc etc give Nicholls....Yes he has under achieved but a lot of people want him to achieve......He is always there in the Elite League week in week out....Not needing dodgy Polish medical certificates......to get him through the week.....I believe that even if Scott won a GP you would not have a good word to say about him because as you say" you dont like him"....Well fine...Why not go back to your sad and childish little subedei bored and make up rude words and abuse people who have not got the right to reply instead of giving us your very short sighted opinion on here

jirout

Listen m8,what's important is finishing in that top 8 & u don't need 2 win gp's 2 do that.I just wish folk would lay off the guy, he don't need the hassle :angry:

No it isn't important to finish in the top eight. Well, not if your name is Scott Nicholls, anyway. When was the last time he finished in the top eight? I've argued for years that if he can't make the top eight he should be kicked out. I take it from your comments that you agree with me and as such believe he shouldn't be in the series this season anyway.

No it isn't important to finish in the top eight. Well, not if your name is Scott Nicholls, anyway. When was the last time he finished in the top eight? I've argued for years that if he can't make the top eight he should be kicked out. I take it from your comments that you agree with me and as such believe he shouldn't be in the series this season anyway.

Actually i disagree,& their will always be more than one brit in the series anyway & Scotty & Bomber the only 2 worthy right now :D

Edited by colincooke

Listen m8,what's important is finishing in that top 8 & u don't need 2 win gp's 2 do that.I just wish folk would lay off the guy, he don't need the hassle :angry:

Actually i disagree,7 their will always b more than 1 brit in the series anyway & Scotty & Bomber the only 2 worthy right now :D

Make your mind up, will you. Say whether you have integrity or don't mind the corruption that sees this serial failure beg his way into the series year after year after year.

Ya cannot compare gollob with nicholls. Gollob is a great rider where as nicholls is a good rider who always falls at the last hurdle. To many problems in his head to ever get to the top.

Star Lady

I dont think anyone is saying Gollob has no talent...He is by far the most naturally talented Speedway rider i have seen......and has been and still is a better rider than Scott Nicholls on his day.....I think it is just the constant barrage that you Subedei etc etc give Nicholls....Yes he has under achieved but a lot of people want him to achieve......He is always there in the Elite League week in week out....Not needing dodgy Polish medical certificates......to get him through the week.....I believe that even if Scott won a GP you would not have a good word to say about him because as you say" you dont like him"....Well fine...Why not go back to your sad and childish little subedei bored and make up rude words and abuse people who have not got the right to reply instead of giving us your very short sighted opinion on here

jirout

Jirout I didn't start the comparison of Nicholls to Gollob. Try looking at post #52.

Read my post again, do I knock Nicholls? I don't think so, I didn't praise him which in your eyes amounts to the same thing no doubt. No I don't like Scott Nicholls, but had he won a GP, I would give him the same amount of praise as I would any other rider.

One thing I do agree with you on is that he doesn't not suffer overly with GPitis, which is much to his credit.

As I said I wasn't trying to change anyones opinions and to the best of my knowledge everyone is entitled to voice their own, even on this board.

As for Subedei being bored ....nah don't think so :rolleyes: and everyone and I repeat everyone has the right to reply on Subby's board, unlike this one, where if your post don't fit it get deleted :wink:

I can't beleive in trying to defend Nicholls people are saying Gollob hasn't got talent :mad:

WTF did you get that one from? The comment was saying Gollob did not have more talent in his little finger than the whole GB team (or even just Scott) as last night Scott proved he could battle/keep up with Tomasz!

I don't think anyone has ever claimed Tomasz lacked talent or even that Scott has more.

FWIW, give me Tomasz Gollob at his peak over Scott every time. Though these days, they're both equally as infuriating as they can both beat the best on any given day but on another struggle to beat the 'lesser' GP riders!

From post 52

You, however, need to realise that Gollob does not have more racing ability than Scott (oh, 'and the rest of team GB put together') in his little finger.

For someone who lacks so much racing talent, did a pretty good job of matching your hero for track craft, don't you think?

Or have I read it wrong. It says Gollob does not have more ability?????

I thought talent and ability were more or less the same and so does the Oxford Dictionary Thesaurus.

The first line you have quoted shows you're wrong. SB is pointing out Gollob does not have more talent/ability in his little finger than Scott has in his whole body because if he did, he'd have found it a lot easier to pass and stay away form Scott.

SB has not claimed Scott has more talent than Tomasz as he? Only that Scott has more talent than Tomasz does in his little finger, which is a comment Subedei made a few weeks ago.