British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Eddie Kennett

Eddie did a fine job last night, he did what was expected and in somewhat more!

He rode tactically and was riding smart lines, however he did seem to lack speed compared to others. That is only a minor thing though which all the positives push aside.

Anyways well done Ed :D

He rode tactically and was riding smart lines, however he did seem to lack speed compared to others.  That is only a minor thing though which all the positives push aside.

i agree he rode smart lines most of the time carcal,but he did get mugged a couple of times.

i don't however understand your other point as in poland if his bike is a low on power as monday night,he will be left standing.

i reckon young eddie will be team gb's biggest millstone

Edward Kennett is an overated gating tart that has little to no track craft imo  :angry: . (got completely out thought by davidson) Needs to focus on looking forward rather that what is behind him  ;) If there was better riders there on the night then he would not of scored half the points he did and will strugle in the final against the worlds best imo  B)

He most certainly is NOT a "gating tart". You are entitled to your opinion of course, but it is not fact!

We have watched him at Poole all season and he can and does come from the back...often!

Furthermore, in his last heat he was against Greg Hancock (ever-present in every GP that has been held and former World Champion) and Peter Karlsson ( former Gp rider, No 1 for Wolves and a very experienced rider).

Eddie is 20 years old, his first year as a full time EL rider and this was his first senior GB event. Give the lad some credit for what he achieved last night.

To say that he paid Middlo for his place is insulting to Eddie and to Middlo and to all British fans...and does you no credit at all !

Don't think they were excuses...he really was very nervous. He also said that he didn't usually ride Coventry very well (true, as all Coventry supporters pointed out prior to the match), but was hoping to do better tonight.

And he did!!!    :lol:  :lol:

He was covering his butt in case he did nothing :wink:

i agree he rode smart lines most of the time carcal,but he did get mugged a couple of times.

i don't however understand your other point as in poland if his bike is a low on power as monday night,he will be left standing.

i reckon young eddie will be team gb's biggest millstone

Sorry didn't explain myself very well :D With the positives i meant from Monday nights meeting where he rode with intelligence etc. I have no doubt that against the likes of Adams, Pedersen and co that he will be a huge let down due to the lack of power.

Eddie is 20 years old, his first year as a full time EL rider and this was his first senior GB event. Give the lad some credit for what he achieved last night.

Actually, he did that in 2004 with Eastbourne :P

Other than that, a spot on post, one which the majority of people probably agree with. Despite my reservations about him being in the GB team at Coventry I agree with it, Ed is a special talent with plenty of track craft, his ability to find drive on a slick track is amazing, he just need to learn to cope with piles of dirt on bigger tracks. Not something that should hold him back in the GPs though, they don't have a lot of dirt on the tracks!

He rode tactically and was riding smart lines, however he did seem to lack speed compared to others.  That is only a minor thing though which all the positives push aside.

Give the lad a break! He's very young and this was his first time riding for his Country and certainly wont be his last, he didn't do what was expected of him, most fans had written him off before he loaded his bikes into the van why? because Coventry is one of his bogey tracks, he rode brilliantly yes he dropped some points but then did you expect him to get a maximum in all honesty? :rolleyes:

Edward Kennett is an overated gating tart that has little to no track craft imo  :angry: . (got completely out thought by davidson) Needs to focus on looking forward rather that what is behind him  ;) If there was better riders there on the night then he would not of scored half the points he did and will strugle in the final against the worlds best imo  B)

I'm not Eddie's biggest fan and I wouldn't have included him if I was manager BUT credit where it's due to him, he was brilliant and surely anyone with half a brain cell can see that!?

I'm not Eddie's biggest fan and I wouldn't have included him if I was manager BUT credit where it's due to him, he was brilliant and surely anyone with half a brain cell can see that!?

I must only have half a brain cell then B) If he scores half the points that he did on monday then i will be supprised. But this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to there own view.

Give the lad a break!  He's very young and this was his first time riding for his Country and certainly wont be his last, he didn't do what was expected of him, most fans had written him off before he loaded his bikes into the van why? because Coventry is one of his bogey tracks, he rode brilliantly yes he dropped some points but then did you expect him to get a maximum in all honesty?  :rolleyes:

Give the lad a break? :blink: Um my post suggests that he did well, and that he did what I expected him to do, which was to score solidly. I guess that is what Middlo thought he was capable of doing aswell.

The only thing I am saying, along with many other people is that he was down on power, which isn't being hard on him, its stating the facts! :rolleyes:

Sorry Carcal didn't mean to quote your posting there, was going to reply to you and then got side tracked without deleting the quote :oops:

Actually, he did that in 2004 with Eastbourne :P

Other than that, a spot on post, one which the majority of people probably agree with.  Despite my reservations about him being in the GB team at Coventry I agree with it, Ed is a special talent with plenty of track craft, his ability to find drive on a slick track is amazing, he just need to learn to cope with piles of dirt on bigger tracks.  Not something that should hold him back in the GPs though, they don't have a lot of dirt on the tracks!

Thought he had terrible problems to start with in his first season in 2004 and actually left the team for a few weeks, before coming back...and doing a bit better.

If I am wrong, sorry.

and i suppose you could do it better?

im sorry but you talk rubbish....

No chance in hell, the budgies have had 2 chances to have him in their team and booted him to the kurb both times, Full transfer to the Pirates during the winter.

think you'll find he will be at Swindon next year ;)