British Speedway Forum
Phil

The Garry Stead Benefit “grand Prix”

Great to meet Tsunami and chew the fat for some of the meeting. Could've chatted to him for hours there.

And finally thanks to BobC for driving me, Bren and Tom up there, if we were forced to go to the Sheffield Wednesday Superstore as pennance.  ;) Glad the rocket fuel kept you awake, I've needed loads of it today at work, I don't think I do 3am anymore!  :rolleyes:  Oh and special mention to Brendan for winning the gating competition, now do it again on track  ;)

Oi,watch it you! Where else do you get a taxi drver who gives you a tour of the City,an education on Yorkshires finest footie team,and a memorable speedway occasion all in one day? That rocket fuel we had is still working! :lol: I genuinely enjoyed the whole day.

Last night at Somerset,I met up with David Hoggart.He is thrilled with the responses on here,and even though a close friend of Garry,he couldnt believe how well Garry coped with the evening.Hoggy also gave me in insight from the moment of the crash right up to almost dragging Garry away from the stadium.

Its a heart warming tale of tragedy and triumph.Makes you feel very humble,yet also very proud of the way our speedway 'family' pull together at times like this.I am already looking at going along to Stoke for their benefit meeting.

After seeing and listening to Garry,I dont think I will be able wollow in self pity ever again.

Truly inspiring.

Great post Mr C, it sort of made think that i was there. :)

Some terrific photos Steve D , loved ry4e7695 & ry4e7696 thanks mate.

All the best to Garry for the future.

Guest Steve Dixon
Great post Mr C, it sort of made think that i was there. :)

Some terrific photos Steve D , loved ry4e7695 & ry4e7696 thanks mate.

All the best to Garry for the future.

The Oz connection no doubt... :D

Pleased to be able to attend Garrys meeting and see some fantastic racing at a great track. Good to see Garry looking so positive and hopefully enjoying himself.

Was lovely to meet King Jamie again and his Dad for the first time. Nice to meet Steve Turner too.

Saw loads of old faces there for Garry-- Got a hug from Aidan Collins who was spannering for Dad, saw Dave Walsh and had a chat and Glen Hornby and Martin Dixon too. Great to see them all there for Garry.

Blimey I do remember some bird smiling at me....I thought to myself either my flies are open or she's just farted.......sorry I didn't recognise you.  :blink:  Next time buy me a pint & I promise I'll smile back at you.  :wink:

Yes mate she'd just farted... and she only usually smiles when she's got wind :lol:;)

Oi,watch it you! Where else do you get a taxi drver who gives you a tour of the City,an education on Yorkshires finest footie team,and a memorable speedway occasion all in one day? That rocket fuel we had is still working! :lol: I genuinely enjoyed the whole day.

Last night at Somerset,I met up with David Hoggart.He is thrilled with the responses on here,and even though a close friend of Garry,he couldnt believe how well Garry coped with the evening.Hoggy also gave me in insight from the moment of the crash right up to almost dragging Garry away from the stadium.

Its a heart warming tale of tragedy and triumph.Makes you feel very humble,yet  also very proud of the way our speedway 'family' pull together at times like this.I am already looking at going along to Stoke for their benefit meeting.

After seeing and listening to Garry,I dont think I will be able wollow in self pity ever again.

Truly inspiring.

top post(top sentiments)!top blokes (garry and hoggy) and top footy team (in england!).glad you enjoyed our city,pity it was such a sad occasion.

Glad to hear there was a big crowd for Gary shame i wasnt able to go to the meeting.

Steady is simply inspirational, and as someone else has said, how can you wallow in self pity after meeting the guy?

That was also some of the best racing I have ever seen at Sheffield, admittedly I cannot get there too often though. Complin was simply superb and must now be one f the hottest signatures for next season, I just hope its on a Stoke contract.

Hope Richard Hall and Moggo are feeling better soon!

Steady is simply inspirational, and as someone else has said, how can you wallow in self pity after meeting the guy?

That was also some of the best racing I have ever seen at Sheffield, admittedly I cannot get there too often though.  Complin was simply superb and must now be one f the hottest signatures for next season, I just hope its on a Stoke contract.

Hope Richard Hall and Moggo are feeling better soon!

Have to agree with you entirely on this one.

Brilliant post Mr C, almost had me back in tears again.

Didn't get chance to come on here before the meeting so missed the perfect opportunity to meet other forum members! Never mind.

Glad to hear that Richard Hall and Moggo are both pretty much ok, both of them could have been much worse off, but let's not dwell on that.

Truely amazing final race, and as others have mentioned, worth the entrance fee alone. I'm a season ticket holder at Sheffield, but this is one meeting i didn't mind having to pay for.

All the best for Garry, hope it gave you a boost to get through the next months and congratulations to Lee Complin on a fantastic win :D

Brilliant post Mr C, almost had me back in tears again.

Didn't get chance to come on here before the meeting so missed the perfect opportunity to meet other forum members! Never mind.

Glad to hear that Richard Hall and Moggo are both pretty much ok, both of them could have been much worse off, but let's not dwell on that.

Truely amazing final race, and as others have mentioned, worth the entrance fee alone. I'm a season ticket holder at Sheffield, but this is one meeting i didn't mind having to pay for.

All the best for Garry, hope it gave you a boost to get through the next months and congratulations to Lee Complin on a fantastic win :D

wjm Posted Today, 08:35 PM

Mr C once again, superb. .

Perhaps I should have charged people for reading the post and then that too could have been added to Gary's fund

But I appreciate the comments people have made