British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbo

Sweden World Champions 2003!!

A lot of the riders & Middlo said the track had changed from practice and I could see most werent happy!!,the ruts on the second bend going into the straight were perthetic.

Thanks Tim/PM , much appreciated mate.

Guest kshyhoo

Guess I'm a little bit late...

1. SWEDEN 62 pts

1. Andreas JONSSON 12 (0,3,3,4,2)

2. Mikael MAX 25 (4,4,2,4,4+4,3)

3. Peter LJUNG 10 (2,4,0,0,4)

4. Peter KARLSSON 10 (2,2,1,2,3)

5. David RUUD 5 (3,1,0,-,1)

2. AUSTRALIA 57 pts

1. Jason CRUMP 17 (4,4,4,4,1)

2. Todd WILTSHIRE 15 (3,2,4,4,2)

3. Jason LYONS 0 (E,E,E,0,R)

4. Ryan SULLIVAN 10 (3,1,3,2,1)

5. Leigh ADAMS 15 (4,4,4,2,1)

3. DENMARK 53 pts

1. Nicki PEDERSEN 21 (3,3,1,3,4+4,3)

2. Hans ANDERSEN 7 (1,2,2,2,0)

3. Bjarne PEDERSEN 9 (4,0,1,E,4)

4. Ronni PEDERSEN 4 (1,2,-,1,-)

5. Charlie GJEDDE 12 (2,E,4,1,3,2)

4. POLAND 49 pts

1. Tomasz GOLLOB 20 (2,3,2,3,3+3,4)

2. Tomasz BAJERSKI 6 (2,0,3,1,0)

3. Jaroslaw HAMPEL 13 (1,1,4,0,3,4)

4. Sebastian ULAMEK 6 (4,1,0,1,-)

5. Piotr PROTASIEWICZ 4 (1,3,E,0,-)

5. GREAT BRITAIN 44 pts

1. Gary HAVELOCK 3 (1,0,2,-,E)

2. Dean BARKER 6 (0,1,2,2,1)

3. David NORRIS 8 (3,3,1,1,0)

4. Lee RICHARDSON 14 (0,4+4,3,1,2)

5. Scott NICHOLLS 13 (0,2,3,3,3,2)

P.S. Just want to tell you that Ljung rides in Poland for third division Ostrow. Could you believe it?

Guest pirates music

IMO the track was c*** ok yes it was the same for every rider, but when it comes to rider safety it seems that anyone could promote a meeting in a ploughed field if they have enough cash to pay the powers that be. It's then up to the riders to risk their necks trying to entertain us.

The only excitement was caused by the s*** track preparation, if the track can't be sorted & be raceable for afternoon meetings then they should be moved to evening meetings when the sun is having a kip, quite simple really I would of thought.

Guest pirates music
Thanks Tim/PM , much appreciated mate.

No problem, glad it's helped you :)

Well done Sweden I didn't give them much hope, but Mikael Max was brilliant ith 25 points :D and Peter Ljung heat 24 superb :)

I see that next year's world cup will again be in Great Britain, so maybe next time.

Well done Sweden!!!!!!

Didnt think they could win but they did very well. Without Rickardsson i tipped Sweden for last place :oops: but mr Ljung done soooooo well, match winner for them.

Good to have a new team on top,but the Aussie's let a good lead slip!! :P

Team GB battled away,started off slow but Lee winning the joker ride pulled the team together,think it was the only heat a brit won!

The track was very very bad and only came good at the end and when the track would have gone slick :evil:

And at the end they said on sky that the world cup would be back in Britain next year :D

At the start of the SWC if someone had said that GB would be 5th then i would have taken that,but when u get into the final u want to win but the boys did very well!!!!!!!! well done Team GB :)

Well said Pirates Music. All the tracks have been poor but Vojens was atrocious. I think Floppy spoke for all the riders when he said whoever prepared it should be buried under it.

Trouble is Sky and BSI like it like that ....more incidents in their eyes equal more crashes which is what they think the viewing public want to see. If you think I'm wrong ...take a look at the title sequence.

Congratulations to all 25 riders for coping with the conditions in the way that they did and very well done to the Swedes who managed to defy all the odds/critics/injuries going and with 2 raw inexperienced youngsters.

Great win for the sweden...

Why on earth isn't the competiton heading to sweden itself next year..

With a world championship winning team, what seems like great, growing support everytime i see crowd figures and tv pictures, just why isn't the competiton heading to sweden next year?

Doesn't seem very fair to me.

Nope sounds like it's back to the UK again...which means the final at P'boro again probably...which will suit the Aussies!! :twisted: ;)

Congrats to Sweden, a great result against the odds. Although the track was poor, it was a brilliant meeting with everything so close all the way through. Really thought we had that 3rd place for a while too...

Guest BritPeter

Sweden defied all the odds tonight, no Rickardsson, Ruud and Ljung in the team, what chance did they have? As the TV experts said "they are the weakest looking team" I am still not sure how they did it, but the Aussies cannot use the excuse that it was won by the "Joker" because Sweden won by five points, so, If Max had scored the normal four points in his "Joker" ride, Sweden would still have won by a single point.

The track rutted up early and badly, but the Aussies, in spite of Jason Lyons bad night still looked to be in control, unfortunately for them Sullivan, never a lover of the smaller tracks stuck rigidly to the outside, but there was no grip there, and he dropped points that he normally would not have.

So this lead to a dramatic climax Ljung set the win up with a memorable ride, and PK had little more to do than just finish in his last ride, and I am still wondering how on earth Sweden managed to do it!

The Brits can definitely hold their heads up high when they return home.

Well done Sweden. A very deserved victory :)

One thing about the track....it was an absolute disgrace :x If they want to promote a world class event then let the riders have a track that is prepared by someone who knows what they are doing. Never have I seen so many top class riders lose it like they were tonight. Just so glad that nobody was injured :x

Great win for the sweden...

Shocking win! Don´t think anyone over here had imagined a medal and definitely not a gold. Splendid work by the entire squad and team manager Tony Olsson. Congrats to all of them! :approve:

Why on earth isn't the competiton heading to sweden itself next year..

With a world championship winning team, what seems like great, growing support everytime i see crowd figures and tv pictures, just why isn't the competiton heading to sweden next year?

If that is the case, I´m very dissappointed because I really thought it was our time to host it. The sport is on a roll in Sweden, the attendence figures have never been higher and neither have the media coverage. Such a shame to miss out but according to sources the WTC is quite expensive to host and the national federation SVEMO and the Swedish teams are obviously not willing to take the financial risks. :-(

Maybe time to start saving some money for a British trip next year...

Anders, do you know why Tony Rickardsson wasn't with the team in the pits :?: I thought he would have been there to support them :?

Guest BritPeter

I wondered where Ove Fundin was? The cup is named after him, but unlike in previous years he did not present it, at least I did not see him, did anyone?