British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
womble53

Wolverhampton Predators -v- Somerset Giants 30/07

Is there anyone out there who can provide me with full details of the Wolverhampton Predators -v- Somerset Giants British Academy League match held on 30th July.

I would greatly appreciate it if some one could supply me with scores, heat details & times for this match, which was won by Somerset 18-16.

Many Thanks in advance

Dave Thompson

Edited by womble53

This copied from the Wolves vs Reading thread from the main meeting.I know there are some details missing,but its the best Ive seen so far.

Wolves Predators

1 - (not Joe Reynolds) Finj

2 - Richard Franklin 1 2 X = 3

3 - Joe Haines 3 3 3 = 9 max

4 - Adam Chandler 1 M 0 2 1 = 4

Somerset Giants

1 - Matt Bates 3 E 3 = 6

2 - Jay Pickard 2'2 0 = 4+1

3 - Brendan Johnson 2 3 2 = 6

4 - Oliver Gay 1'X E = 1+1

ht one - Wolves number one wearing old Peter Karlsson kevlars rides falls at the back. Easy 5-1 for the visitors

ht two - Joe Haines wins in a time of 60.82 on his spare bike, easing off leaving the last turn. Brendan easy second with Gay third.

heat three - Oliver Gay falls on lap two and the Wolves #1 rides over him and does an Eddie Kidd through the air into the air fence. Takes no further part, Gay excluded.

in the re-run, Joe Haines is sent out as a replacement but is turned back so Adam Chandler gets sent out but as he reaches the tapes, his bike splutters and goes through the tapes. Ref decides to exclude him on 2 mins instead.

Brendan easily wins the third attempt after passing Franklin on lap two.

heat four - Joe Haines records another easy win with Jay Pickard keeping the same pace but 50 yards back. Matt Bates suffers engine failure but trails in last behind Chandler.

heat five - Matt Bates easy win ahead of Adam Chandler after Oliver Gay ef and Franklin excluded on first attempt.

heat six - Wolves trailing 12-16 need a 5-1 but Haines wins in a time of 60.10 while easing off with Brendan Jonson doing his best to keep up but never troubled Haines. Adam Chandler third as Pickard fails to finish.