British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tigerhart

Gp Commentaries

Johno usually ok, but was a wally tonight. His reaction when Lindback fell was appalling. After high siding at high speed and smashing head/shoulder/side on track he says to AL " get up and get on with it!" as if it was a nothing incident. Yeah ok Johno.

Next time your high sided onto the track and hit head/shoulder and side on the track I'll come over to you and tell you to get up and get on with it. I can imagine what his reaction will be! Thats if he has not already been loaded into an ambulance.

Poor piece of commentating and considering he is a fellow rider then his words/advice were disgusting towards AL.

Edited by Chris

I just wish Tony Millard had told us who the Latvian track record holder was!! :rolleyes:

or who won that first gp in 1995 :P

Did notice that Greg Hancock " failed to complete the race " rather than tailed off, trailing in at the back. Which is said whether the rider is a fraction of a second behind or 50 yards.

Other than that whats wrong with saying the rider was 4th or last ?

A very comprehesive description and full information of a GP rider, " W Jagus THE POLE "

Edited by Mad Mitch

Also, in heat 2 Millard commented all but Jagus had made a GP final this season. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm sure I remember Jagus coming 3rd in the first GP!!! :rolleyes:

Did anyone hear Millard say that Nicki Pedersen was winning his 2nd GP in a row during the final? :lol::blink:

See you're having good fun with SkySports over there :D Well, guys in Polish canal+ are nothing better and as you have Sophie B I'd choose Sky anyway.

The GP had only just started and Millard came out with..............................

Leigh Adams , the man from Mildura :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Johno usually ok, but was a wally tonight. His reaction when Lindback fell was appalling. After high siding at high speed and smashing head/shoulder/side on track he says to AL " get up and get on with it!" as if it was a nothing incident. Yeah ok Johno.

Next time your high sided onto the track and hit head/shoulder and side on the track I'll come over to you and tell you to get up and get on with it. I can imagine what his reaction will be! Thats if he has not already been loaded into an ambulance.

Poor piece of commentating and considering he is a fellow rider then his words/advice were disgusting towards AL.

Glad someone else has commented on this - we said the same.

Slightly unsympathetic to say the least. Unusual for an Aussie :P

I said to my dad pre-meeting when I heard Johno was commentating, he'll tell us at some point Johno could be in the GP's next season.  In the Millard Bingo stakes, that has to be worth double points?! :D

:lol: Best of the night for me!

So how many points did everyone score????

The Millard Bingo game will continue in 2 weeks time, in Slovenia :D

So how many points did everyone score????

The Millard Bingo game will continue in 2 weeks time, in Slovenia  :D

So do i take it that Bydgoszcz isnot included then

Oh you are a silly boy :lol:

Hi All,

Just a quick post about the Antonio Lindback comment.

I saw him Sunday morning and he was unable to walk on his own, he looked very banged up and obviously in a great deal of pain.

The commentators make flippant remarks about riders to make the programmes interesting and amusing, for our enjoyment.

But seeing Antonio like that, brought home to me how dangerous the sport is, and deriding comments do nothing to recognise this.

Just want to add, Get well soon Antonio and best of luck with you future racing.

All the Best Paul B)

I have to agree that Johno's comment was offhand, especially in the light of how Tinho is now.More thought should have been taken before he spoke but i dare say live TV doesn't allow for that.

Moving away from that here's another Millardism that was pointed out to me at Brandon last night.

........and the rider on the inside in yellow is....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

My favourite tonight, from a multitude of choices was .....

Lindback limping on his leg...

what else would he be limping on :unsure:

I said the same, classic Millard :D

Agree 100%. It's completely different when a rider casually slides off, hardly touches the fence, his bikes a yard or so away from him and he's just sat there looking for a red light, but it just wasn't the case in that incident at all!