British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elite Team Kaparna Looses Elite License

Swedish Elitserien team Kaparna have had their application for an Elitlicense for the 2008 season rejected by Swedish Motorcycle Sports Federation; SVEMO.

The Decision can be read in this file (pdf file, in swedish)

http://www.svemo.se/file_out.php?id=2034

kaparna has been struggling this year especillay finacially. One of the reasons for that is the lack of hometrack and that they several times have been riding with a line up who's total average has been lower then the determined "floor average" resulting in heavy fines. Also they have had alot of "sickness" in the team and like yesterday riders who dont show up.

The rejection was decided since there was several uncertainties about kaparna's finances and arena situations and kaparna have not replied SVEMO who several times have sent inquiries about those questions.

Among other things Kaparna have not used certified auditors(?) meaning that the financial report cannot be approved.

Edited by Ghostwalker

Swedish Elitserien team Kaparna have had their application for an Elitlicense for the 2008 season rejected by Swedish Motorcycle Sports Federation; SVEMO.

The Decision can be read in this file (pdf file, in swedish)

http://www.svemo.se/file_out.php?id=2034

kaparna has been struggling this year especillay finacially. One of the reasons for that is the lack of hometrack and that they several times have been riding with a line up who's total average has been lower then the determined "floor average" resulting in heavy fines. Also they have had alot of "sickness" in the team and like yesterday riders who dont show up.

The rejection was decided since there was several uncertainties  about kaparna's finances and arena situations and kaparna have not replied SVEMO who several times have sent inquiries about those questions.

Among other things Kaparna have not used certified auditors(?) meaning that the financial report cannot be approved.

For all I've heard, I cant see mr Rander throwing in the towel... Even now. :blink: But if he has to, it's been an eventfull last five years for sure :P

As I followed yesterdays scores it did made me smile that they had only 5 out of the 8 riders. This will make things interesting, since Indianerna will now survive in Elitserien? Meaning TKP will step up if they find the money? Filbyterna will stay in the 1st division alltough they REALLY want to step up?

well thing is kaparna has nothing to do in any league at the moment although Rander will claim the opposite.

If Kaparna dont ride in the Elitserien next year either if their appeal will be rejected or if Indianerna finishes ahead of them in the standings, Indianerna will stay in Elitserien.

TKp will adavance to Allsvenskan if they win Div.1. if Filbyterna wins they'll advance. And Team Bikab will sadly drop down to Div.1. unless the decision is to cancel the team.

The thing is that Indianerna and Kaparna have a meeting in a week or two. I bet they have the best team they can get together for that.

There's was a story in the Swedish press this week saying that there's no money for TKP to advance unless new sponsors are found. And what would be the point in Indianerna and TKP to be in the same league?

I guess the only certain thing at this moment is the relegation of Team Bikab?

I guess the only certain thing at this moment is the relegation of Team Bikab?

Agreed. And interestingely, the relegation of Bikab was a certainty long before it was a sporting fact since they have no chance of meeting the Elite license themselves for 2008. In Division 1 you don't have to, though.

Agreed. And interestingely, the relegation of Bikab was a certainty long before it was a sporting fact since they have no chance of meeting the Elite license themselves for 2008. In Division 1 you don't have to, though.

Its far from certain that Bikab will ride in Div.1 either.

There has been spekulations in media about a possible cancelling of Bikab to put all focus on Smederna.

Its far from certain that Bikab will ride in Div.1 either.

There has been spekulations in media about a possible cancelling of Bikab to put all focus on Smederna.

its official now that Team Bikab will be closed/cancelled after this season.

Shame shame on SVEMO then they are asking Indianerna first if they will want to be in the eliteleague 2008.

Its wrong beacause Indianerna finished last and according to rules the team who finish last are relegated to Allsvenskan.

Valsarna who are in Allsvenskan shall be the club first to ask if they wants to be in the elitleague in 2008.

Shame shame on SVEMO then they are asking Indianerna first if they will want to be in the eliteleague 2008.

Its wrong beacause Indianerna finished last and according to rules the team who finish last are relegated to Allsvenskan.

Valsarna who are in Allsvenskan shall be the club first to ask if they wants to be in the elitleague in 2008.

Agreed. Absolute miscarriage of justice :sad:

The last time a similar situation occured in 2004, Piraterna were dead last in the Elitserien and still got to stay for 2005. But this was different, because the question first went to Dalakraft and Örnarna, who were 1 and 2 in the Allsvenskan but who didn't want promotion and then back to Piraterna who wanted to stay. Same principle should be applied this time around. Because I'm sure Valsarna wants promotion.

Edited by Liverstam

I disagree.

Well the rules say that the team who wins Allsvenskan is promoted to Elitserien and the last placed team of Elitserien is relegated to Allsvenskan unless a vacancy appears and in that case the last placed team in Elitserien is the team who SVEMO first should ask then the 2nd placed team in Allsvenskan. It have happened before when Piraterna finished last but still was asked if they wanted to stay.

There fore i think SVEMO is doing right to ask Indianerna first since if thats what they did 2004 when Piraterna finished last with only 3p why shouldnt they do the same now?

In 2004 a vacancy appeared since no team in Allsvenskan wanted to be promoted to Eliserien.

SVEMO cant do one thing one year and another thing a few years later.

Maybe it might do Indianerna good to be in allsvenskan for a year or two but thats a different matter.

I disagree.

Well the rules say that the team who wins Allsvenskan is promoted to Elitserien and the last  placed team of Elitserien is relegated to Allsvenskan unless a vacancy appears and in that case the last placed team in Elitserien is the team who SVEMO first should ask then the 2nd placed team in Allsvenskan. It have happened before when Piraterna finished last but still was asked if they wanted to stay.

That rule is very unclear and basically wide open to SVEMO's arbitrariness.

There fore i think SVEMO is doing right to ask Indianerna first since if thats what they did 2004 when Piraterna finished last with only 3p why shouldnt they do the same now?

They aren't doing the same, they are doing the opposite. In 2004 Dalakraft won and had the right to promotion, which they rejected. After that SVEMO turned to Örnarna who were second in the Allsvenskan, and as they also rejected promotion the question went back to Piraterna. If SVEMO were to follow their own precedent, Valsarna should be asked before Indianerna.

SVEMO cant do one thing one year and another thing a few years later.

Exactly.

I'm a little confused. Does this affect tonight's meeting?

No, whoever wins tonight still get promoted and the loser gets nothing.

I will be looking in on your updates at the WWoS Schumi :)

Honestly i think Indainerna actually finsihed 9th since i find it very strange that Kaprna managed a 48-48 score in their final meeting away against your team Bajen Liverstam.

Piraterna also managed this earlier in the season but Bajen didnt have Scott Nicholls and Kylmäkopi was obviously not fit with 3x0.

Normally a team like Kaparna would normally, like any other team, have chance against Hammarby at Gubbängen.

the 3 other semi final teams had the following results:

Bajen-Dackarna 49-47

Bajen- Elit Vetlanda 56-39

Bajen- Västervik 61-35

Series winner lost with 26points while Kaparna Scored 48-48 how is that possible? it isnt!