British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bartosch

GP Qualification Final, August 17th, Poole

Hanne, it was Brian Svendsen. Have you heard of him :?:

Yes i have..he's comes from Slangerup, like i do! Which is not something i'm proud of if it's true that Simon Stead was excluded, so Jesper would get through...that makes me really mad :x

There should always be fair play from a referee, nomatter where he is from..

Hi bartosch, glad you enjoyed it. Was you one of the Poles wearing an Ipswich race jacket? :approve:

No :-o but I saw this crazy guy's on the first bend. I was wearing an Polish t-shirt and I had Polish scarf of course, on the stadium I bought Pirates shirt and Adams baseball cap (Leigh was a Motor Lublin's rider on 90' years with Hans Nielsen...) :D

regards!

Just got back after taking in the IOW meeting last night. Not a lot I can add to the comments above really. Horrendous crash, so pleased they both came out relatively unscathed, I thought for a while that it was going to be far far worse. I've just looked at the pics on Mike Patricks site and they don't convey half of the carnage that occured. If as looks likely Lukas is out for the rest of the season I can think of no more deserving candidate for a pemanent wild card for next years GP.

The big question is why was there no air fence :?: , the prices were certainly high enough and I was told they were that high to pay for the air fence. It seems daft to me that the meeting that includes the most desperate riders( I don't mean that in a derogatory sense) and is obviously going to have a few crashes has no air fence.

The atmosphere was great on Sunday, the Poles were amazing, how that guy wore that large black curly wig all afternoon in that heat baffles the heck out of me :? The meeting took ages to run but that was no fault of the organisers. The front rows of the stand were like a sauna.

One complaint tho, we are always hearing from Mr Shovlar that Poole are the best at promoting, they did nothing for the fans on Sunday. Maybe they should have a word with the Workington promotion on how to entertain the crowd. One bouncy castle didn't exactly do a lot for the vast majority did it? Compare that to the Pairs, where we were treated to a Band, a soloist and a firework display and I think maybe Matt Ford needs to learn a thing or two from the Premier League.

Good to meet up with so many of you again and a few new forum members too, I think the Steve Shovlar Appreciation Society is growing :D BTW Stranger and It Mas Wife my daughter was unsuccessful in her kidnap attempt :-(

Your Daughter tried to kidnap Steve Shovlar?? :shock::shock: :twisted:

Your Daughter tried to kidnap Steve Shovlar?? :shock::shock: :twisted:

she wouldnt mind picking up scottie nicholls for me at the same time would she :?: :P ;-)

And if she proves succesful in her kidnapping business there is a certain Yorkshireman I wouldn't mind finding his way to my door all tied up...... :twisted: :clown

Im quite looking forward to this one, I went to the challenge (as it was more appropriately called back then) in slovenia and the atmosphere was electric. Am hoping Steady and Billy J do well. Wont be worrying about the price of programmes though, Poole sell Jack Daniels at half price so ill probably be in no fit state (hopefully) :D:D

so Middlo does have some influence!!!!

So im lead to beleive steve although i think Mr Ford probably had a fair bit to do with it :lol:

Just returned from my mini break in Bournemouth where an enjoyable time was had by all, the meeting didnt go quite to plan for me and my friend Madge with me there supporting gb and cov and her being a wolves fan (strange combination i know) heat 3 left rather a downer on the rest of the afternoon for her and we would like to wish Lukas and PK a speedy recovery and out best wishes. Im fairly pleased with the performances by billy j and steady (no thanks to the referee with what was an awful decision) in their first real attempt at GP qualification.

Am now off to consider who i would like kidnapping for my own private use in the future :D:D

Your Daughter tried to kidnap Steve Shovlar??

He's a wee bit on the elderly side for her Lioness ( sorry Steve :evil: ) but then her intended target was too ......but Mum was going to take over guardianship :D

BTW Stranger and It Mas Wife my daughter was unsuccessful in her kidnap attempt :-(

Remember the old saying "if you wanna job done right, do it yourself" ;-) Maybe you should have asked her to kidnap TT instead, but then she may have taken him home herself (if I hadn't found him first :D ). The It Man and his Wifey were very pleased to meet you 8)