British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Indoor Speedway -sun 9th December 07

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed the action on Sunday at Brighton. As has been said no quarter given and proof if it was ever needed that you do not need the "big" names to have a couple of exciting meetings. One of the best Brightons yet :)

Cracking day out this year, far better than certainly last year.

Might 'only be a bit of fun' but the bias shown towards Kennett, Bridger and Duggard is a bit ridiculous :(

I genuinely hope that's not the last time that I get to watch Henka race too :)

Well done to Mr. Roynon who got the hang pretty quickly, and also Jordan Frampton who was superb too.

Agree with the others, what it lacked in the social side this year was certainly made up for in the entertainment.

The lack of big names never worried me either, I like my Brighton experience to be one of seeing new riders to these shores or riders I tend not to get to see that often (Prem etc).

Really impressed by Henka (more so because I had him in a sweepstake and was odd's on to get some pennies until he crashed out!), he really seemed to get the measure of the track. Roynon,Frampton and T allen also impressed and say what you like about Kennett and Bridger on Brighton day but I think they add to the 'different' kind of speedway on offer .....pantomime dames anyone!

What a cracking day, & cracking company too.Isn't that right guys :wink:

Buy the way did you know it's an offence to jump,dive or swim off the pier(private joke :D ).Adam was superb,hope he does it again & mixes with moaner Kennett & Lewis big time.Sorry to see Olly in the wars again but at least it's only concussion.

Henka, what a legend. Those 140cc bikes finally look as if British speedway is moving forward for the kids,let's hope Hagon & Martin Dugard get the backing from the BSPA that's required.

Edited by colincooke

Guest sjl

Thoroughly enjoyed the day great fix of speedway prior to the real thing.

A VERY UNBIASED ;) final.!!!

Well done to Adam Roynon on his achievement (hopefully just warming up before joining the BEES) :D

Good to meet crazysue and boys. :approve:

Next stop Newport!!!

Anybody know how long was that track?

I believe the track is about 120 mt, but I don't think it's officially measured.

The crowd seemed about the usual, around 2,000 each show at a guess.

Have to agree that Kennett and Bridger add to the entertainment. Certainly have some "attitude" in their riding :)

Felt a bit sorry for all the Brummie fans, coming all that way to see Jason travel about 30 metres :cry:

Still, I hope they enjoyed the event. Mr.Hagon's stunning announcement rather stole the show though, I thought!

Edited by TwoMinuteWarning

Was my 10th Brighton and got to say I'm seriously getting bored of it now and obviously a lot of other people are too judging by the attendance. I have never seen empty seats on the south side before but yesterday it was only about three quarters full. You could tell how few people were there by looking around the foyer beforehand, one shop owner said he hadn't sold enough stuff to cover his petrol down there.

This year the event had a rebrand but the format seriously needs looking at. I said last week the lineup was poor and it was, Poles that no one has heard of, we don't need top GP riders but a decent lineup who can ride a small track and entertain. I said last week only Dugard and Kennett were going to win it and when Dugard was injured was obvious Kennett was going to win it. Plus the Eastbourne bias by Kevin Coombes is very irritating.

One of the main reasons a lot of riders won't do it now though is injuries, by the end of the two meetings yesterday there were 5 or 6 riders with injuries, thats why a lot of riders turn it down now, I've spoken to several riders and know that for a fact.

That heat 15 which was rerun 6 times was ridiculous, Kennett should have been excluded the first time and eventually was excluded after wasting half an hour.

Hi just for the record the track is measured 1 meter off the white line as it says in the rule book.

Total length was 80.2 meters so we call it 80 meters.

I can confirm very interesting meeting.

Anybody know how long was that track?

Edited by Indoorspeedway.co.uk

Thank you for your feedback i agree with some of the things you have mentioned, The format was going to be changed but by the demand of the public with the emails it was by far the best way to go with the pairs in the Afternoon, but as i can tell that its not eveyones taste.

I was also very dissapointed by the low number of stands downstairs i think it needs looking at maybe have a day where there is a clearance sale for all track shops free of charge but this part of the event is run by the Speedway star. maybe we need a speedway show at the end of the year at the Centre its free as i hire it for the day so i wont charge them to use it and it would make the event much more of a day out.

I would be happy to put the big names in but if they tell you they are too worried about getting hurt thats not the same answer they gave me so does that make the boys who want to ride at brighton a better rider or does that show you they are there to entertain you all because they are not frighteded to have a go?

I would rather watch Henka entertain the crowd then someone who want just to ride around at the back to make the numbers up.

Full credit to all the guys who rode on sunday with the entertainment factor much better then in years before.

Also as you said the crowd was down on last year well i dont want to keep knocking you but your wrong unless the Brighton Center have added more people on the gate as an Xmas present for me!

As for kev on the mic i think your right he is a true Eastbourne fan and he should keep it to himself at a meeting like Brighton.

As for Ed in the Rerun he should have been taken out on the second attemp but the ref never did it and the crowd didnt want it so whos fault is that?

Also if Ed was kicked out when he should have been, you would have a new brighton champion which would have been much better for me on the day a new champion new face, This was never going to happen as Eds class and determination showed.

As for big names again it proved to have a fantastic meeting thats only a bit of fun you dont really need them.

As you are aware for someone like myself who has spent hours of my time and £1000's to get the event up and running i will stand up for myself but during all the time i was planning riders there was only 1 rider who helped me put the track in the centre and also worked to the track out and gave me a good guide on riders who would be an entertainment for the fans and that was Ed. He has been a true mate and i am sure with out him it would have been a struggle for me.

Next year rob i would be happy for you to help me put the track in we would only work 50 hours out of the 70 hours to sort everything track in track out. So lets see how you would make it work. I have made an offer for you to help so feel free to contact me and i will sort it out. You see what effort goes in to make the event work.

Then lets see if you knock it?

Regards

Martin Dugard

Was my 10th Brighton and got to say I'm seriously getting bored of it now and obviously a lot of other people are too judging by the attendance. I have never seen empty seats on the south side before but yesterday it was only about three quarters full. You could tell how few people were there by looking around the foyer beforehand, one shop owner said he hadn't sold enough stuff to cover his petrol down there.

This year the event had a rebrand but the format seriously needs looking at. I said last week the lineup was poor and it was, Poles that no one has heard of, we don't need top GP riders but a decent lineup who can ride a small track and entertain. I said last week only Dugard and Kennett were going to win it and when Dugard was injured was obvious Kennett was going to win it. Plus the Eastbourne bias by Kevin Coombes is very irritating.

One of the main reasons a lot of riders won't do it now though is injuries, by the end of the two meetings yesterday there were 5 or 6 riders with injuries, thats why a lot of riders turn it down now, I've spoken to several riders and know that for a fact.

That heat 15 which was rerun 6 times was ridiculous, Kennett should have been excluded the first time and eventually was excluded after wasting half an hour.

you know what rob i have to agree with you on that eddie kennett should have been out the first time in heat fifteen .and lets hope he puts in as much effort at eastbourne next year eh .but i bet he wishes they had red and yellow pages in the programme at all elite league fixtures so all his fans could save him what a fix eh and perhaps then he would win a few more meetings unfairly i dont think i will go next year especially not to see the dirty way he rides and gets away with it to go on and win how pathetic was that eh big thanks to jordan frampton i guess for ending the 6th rerun and the final loss of ted :lol:

Think some may be missing the 'fun' part of Brighton.....

I take the view of it being a very pantomime version of speedway with Ed Kennett being the prime dame (although Lewis seemed to want to be the dame too this year!)

It's not to be taken too seriously really ....go into the meeting with that in mind and you enjoy yourself, even if the 6 re-runs really buggered my wrist up and I had to go with my RR for texting the rest of the meeting! :D

Think some may be missing the 'fun' part of Brighton.....

It's not to be taken too seriously really ....go into the meeting with that in mind and you enjoy yourself, even if the 6 re-runs really buggered my wrist up and I had to go with my RR for texting the rest of the meeting!  :D

But I wanted my favourite riders to win, it might 'only be a bit of fun' but it's not a speedway meeting if the wrong people or no-one is continually excluded.

Personally, it gave me an excuse to give Ed a bit more abuse so I shouldn't complain :D