British Speedway Forum
Sandie

Indoor Speedway -sun 9th December 07

Can only make the afternoon part of the event this year (the 1pm start..). Will this be a Pairs event like previous years or is it going to be different (seem to recall some mention that it might be a 4TT..)?? :unsure:

Been trying to access the web-site but it's been unavailable for a little while..?? :neutral:

Looks like I am going to miss this meeting out this year after going to the last 4 or 5 of them.

Real shame but childcare is increasingly difficult to organise and I can no way afford to take my brood with me!

We can't go now, cos the other half has to work that day :(

Will this be a Pairs event like previous years or is it going to be different (seem to recall some mention that it might be a 4TT..)?? :unsure:

Looks like its back to a pairs event. This is from todays local paper The Argus....

Martin Dugard wants the people of Sussex to get involved in an indoor speedway treat.

Dugard, the former Eastbourne Eagles points machine, has taken over sole promotion of the traditional pre-Christmas tear-up at the Brighton Centre.

Formerly well known as the Brighton Bonanza, the event, on Sunday, December 9, is now being called simply Indoor Speedway.

Former co-promoter Jon Cook, who moved from Eastbourne Eagles to Lakeside Hammers shortly after the tenth running of the Bonanza last December, is no longer involved.

Dugard, a huge favourite at Arlington Stadium in his riding days, has assembled a highly competitive field headed by Elite League riders Lewis Bridger (Eastbourne), Edward Kennett (Poole), Oliver Allen (Coventry) and Danny King (Peterborough).

Simon Gustafsson, the end-of-season Eastbourne signing expected to return to Arlington next year, is also there, along with his father Henka, the former Poole, Belle Vue and Sweden star.

The Premier League has quality representation in the shape of vastly experienced Jason Lyons, who spent last season at Birmingham, and Sussex-based Redcar rider Dan Giffard, who knows the Centre track well.

There will also be a lot of interest in how the foreign legion tackle Brighton's tiny circuit, not least Adrian Gomolski, the young Pole picked up by Poole last summer.

Talk of world champion Nicki Pedersen, who now lives in this country, trying his hand at the event has proved wide of the mark but possibly only for the time being.

And then there is Dugard himself, who had a great record in the Bonanza and will again be at the start gate.

Dugard said: "I'm looking forward to it. It's the best field I can get without paying huge amounts to get a name in.

"We need four coach loads of fans to pay for one big name.

"Also the majority of them have had a hard season.

"Nicki was going to do it but he and his fiancee are on holiday.

"He has promised me he will do the event in the future.

"The ticket sales have been about the same as always. The key for me is trying to get local people in as well more than just going for the speedway world in general. We're really keen to get people from Brighton and Sussex in to enjoy the event."

Dugard added: "I'll definitely be riding. It's the only way I can get a ride these days."

Such is the unique nature of the Brighton track, attracting big GP names does not necessarily guarantee top entertainment.

Dugard's line-up looks a nice mix of good quality racers, many of whom have previous experience of riding at the Centre.

The Brighton date is always popular with speedway fans but there was a feeling last year's event felt a bit flat compared to its predecessors.

Apart from the new name and, hopefully, the sort of entertainment and energy which first made the Bonanza's name, fans might not notice a huge difference between this year's event and the 2006 offering.

As usual, the day will be split into a Pairs competition and the individual Championship.

Dugard had wanted the first half, starting at 1pm, to be a mini World Cup between England, Sweden, Poland and Rest Of The World but said: "The consensus was to stick with the Pairs format."

The Championship, which Dugard won last year, gets under way at 6pm.

Tickets for the day cost £28 for adults and £18 for children. They can be bought without a booking fee by printing the order form at indoorspeedway.co.uk or by visiting the Brighton Centre box office.

They are also likely to be available on the day.

Edited by MrB

Can only make the afternoon part of the event this year (the 1pm start..). 

Looks like I may be making my first ever visit to this one. :D

Don't really know exactly where it is and can anyone tell me what parking is like? :unsure:

Looks like its back to a pairs event. This is from todays local paper The Argus....

Hi all again, Just to update everyone on the format and the pairings for the Indoor at Brighton.

PAIRS MEETING

1 EDWARD KENNETT

2 SEBASTIAN BRUCHEISER

3 SHAWN McCONNELL

4 ADRIAN GOMOLSKI

5 HENKA GUSTAFSSON

6 DAN GIFFARD

7 MARTIN DUGARD

8 EMIL IDZIOREK

9 LEWIS BRIDGER

10 MARCIN LIBERSKI

11 OLLI ALLEN

12 SIMON GUSTAFSON

13 JASON LYONS

14 RICKY WELLS

15 DANIEL KING

16 ADAM ROYNON

17 TOMMY ALLEN

18 JASON KING

INDOOR SPEEDWAY CHAMPIONSHIP

1 SIMON GUSTAFSON

2 EMIL IDZIOREK

3 MARTIN DUGARD

4 OLLI ALLEN

5 EDWARD KENNETT

6 DANIEL KING

7 ADRIAN GOMOLSKI

8 MARCIN LIBERSKI

9 SEBASTIAN BRUCHEISER

10 LEWIS BRIDGER

11 DAN GIFFARD

12 ADAM ROYNON

13 HENKA GUSTAFSSON

14 JASON LYONS

15 RICKY WELLS

16 SHAWN McCONNELL

17 TOMMY ALLEN

18 JASON KING

The pairs were matched up as best as possible to be fair to everyone, The Championship meeting was put in a hat and pulled out which seemed to be the fairest option.

Regards

Martin Dugard

Don't really know exactly where it is and can anyone tell me what parking is like? :unsure:

Parking, my friend, is dire..........expect to pay around £10 if you can get in the multi-storeys around the Brighton Centre.

Parking, my friend, is dire..........expect to pay around £10 if you can get in the multi-storeys around the Brighton Centre.

Hi all,

Parking is not a problem as there are lots of carparks next to the Brighton Center but they are expensive.

Best way if you have never been to Brighton before is to follow the signs to the centre of the city from the A27 or A23 till you get to the sea front.

you should come at a round about next to the palace pier "thats the good one". Turn right at the round about so the sea is on your left and at the second set of lights turn right up west street to the car parks the Brighton center is the big building on the corner on the seafront you cant miss it .

Big carparks are behind the Centre also under the Thistle hotel and along the seafront past the pier.

Free Parking,.

If you dont mind a walk then head east at the round about to the marina park in the carpark there as its free and either catch the park and ride bus to the city or walk along the coast it takes about 15- 20 mins to the Centre from there.

all the best for this event martin

your a legend sir!!!!

i am in epsom next saturday so may stay down that way and make the trip

Hi all,

Parking is not a problem as there are lots of carparks next to the Brighton Center but they are expensive.

Best way if you have never been to Brighton before is to follow the signs to the centre of the city from the A27 or A23 till you get to the sea front.

you should come at a round about next to the palace pier "thats the good one". Turn right at the round about so the sea is on your left and at the second set of lights turn right  up west street to the car parks the Brighton center is the big building on the corner on the seafront you cant miss it .

Big carparks are behind the Centre also under the Thistle hotel and along the seafront past the pier.

Free Parking,.

If you dont mind a walk then head east at the round about to the marina park in the carpark there as its free and either catch the park and ride bus to the city or walk along the coast it takes about 15- 20 mins to the Centre from there.

Shhh - dont tell everyone - I may loose my parking space now!! :unsure::D

Shhh - dont tell everyone - I may loose my parking  space now!! :unsure:  :D

Parking for 2008

Well maybe i should get a parking spot as first prize for the raffel in 2008 but i think i will stick with the nintendo wii,

I know you lot are more excited about the parking spot i can tell.

Martin

We will be there as usual, but poor lineup again. Might as well give the trophy now to Kennett or Dugard no one is going to touch them.

What happened to the likes of Nicholls and Pedersen being in the provisional lineup?

Is there any under 15 racing?

Is there any under 15 racing?

Yes,with a veiw to riding EL next season :wink::angry:

Parking for 2008

Well maybe i should get a parking spot as first prize for the raffel in 2008 but i think i will stick with the nintendo wii,

I know you lot are more excited about the parking spot i can tell.

Martin

Of course - Weve got a Wii but I dont have a parking space!!! :D

However another large basket of chocolate as a prize would tip the balance -so long as those meanies from the Isle of Wight (I think) dont snaffle it away!!! :o:D

Ok with a week to go I will do my usual and start asking around for texters from this meeting.

I usually go but cost (with it looking like I had to take all 3 kids) and childcare issues have got in the way this year, so we are looking for one or two people (or even a team of people) to text results of this meeting to information hungry people on the Updates site.

If you can help, could you please either leave a message here or send me an email or pm.

Thanks