British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
miro

Bysarna

Sad to see Bysarna have ridden their last home meeting at the Galgberget track.

Can any Swedish friends say what Bysarnas future is - will they get a new track, and if so when and where?

Sad to see Bysarna have ridden their last home meeting at the Galgberget track.

Can any Swedish friends say what Bysarnas future is - will they get a new track, and if so when and where?

they have been negotiating with Visby Community about a new location in Traume just south from Visby. However lately it seems that they have been offered to put a new track at Nordkalks old Quarry at Storugns, Lärbo in Northern Gotland.

After a short look in Bysarnas guestbook, some fans want Bysarna to accept this location while other in southern Gotland think its to far for them.

http://kartor.eniro.se/query?sourceid=Mozi...t=map&asearch=1

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/so...rbo_Gotland.gif

Edited by Ghostwalker

Thanks Ghostwalker

Labro looks a long way from Visby - 30km?

I hope they can find a new home and perhaps get back to being the succesful team they once were, though it's hard for any club to start again.

Good luck to them.

Facebook is a community. Visby is a municipality.  ;)

well Billy hamill once used the word community for Eskilstuna Kommun. so there for i used it as well.

Thanks Ghostwalker

I hope they can find a new home and perhaps get back to being the succesful team they once were, though it's hard for any club to start again.

Good luck to them.

according to maps.eniro.se its 45 km. and will take about41 minutes to drive.

Thanks Ghostwalker

I hope they can find a new home and perhaps get back to being the successful team they once were, though it's hard for any club to start again.

Good luck to them.

Having been to Bysarna a few times, and having stayed at Larbro on numerous occasions I can tell you its not that far, about 20 -25 minutes from the existing track. Knowing some of the people involved with the club over the years, I can tell you that the preferred option is to stay in Visby, but as in England the problem that they face at the moment are primarily enviromental issues, primarily noise.

here is an article about the arena plans:

http://www.gotlandska.se/artikel-rss.asp?ID=20695

looks like they are back at Traume when it comes to location for the new track.

Bysarna hired a company called AB PentaCon.

ABPC's job was to make a riskanalysis for a new track at traume. they have looked at possible issues such as noice level and traffic.

The sketch shows how the new track might look like with anti-noise banks and anti-noise fences and grandstand.

translations:

Läktare = grandtsand

Buller plan = anti-noise fences

Buller vall= anti-noise banks.

domartorn = referees cabin.

kontor=office