British Speedway Forum

And once again young Gollob illustrates his unmatched, unadulterated and untainted genius - I repeat, there's more talent in a clipping off his little fingernail than the former British champion has in his whole being. The untalented are always caught out by Bydgoszcz.

Bydgoszcz=Best night out in Europe! Quality...

Any chance you could do something about that bloke you took with you getting p'd and ringing me at 1.30am :D

Any chance you could do something about that bloke you took with you getting p'd and ringing me at 1.30am  :D

Tried to control him, but you know what he is like... only gets let out once in a while :lol:

(...)Perhaps that plane crash has turned some sort of light on inside his mind that has told him that he can be world champion - for once you have had that kind of brush with death - some people are freed from a lot of negative inhibitions that previously chained them down (...)

What Tomasz Gollob said at the press conference immediately after his 6th Bydgoszcz win on Saturday.

"I am very happy.

Bydgoszcz is my home, where I feel at my best. To win at Bydgoszcz means a lot to me as well as to my fans. I tried my best not to disappoint them, although pressure put on me to win was enormous. In the end I have satisfaction that I did not let them down.

The record of 6 wins is impressive, but I am not stopping at that. I want to race for some years to come, and who knows, we might have more nights like yesterday.

I dedicate my Bydgoszcz win to all those who wish me well and believe in me. Most of all to my wife, Brigida, and daughter, Victoria, Also to my father, who supported me today from the stand. I wish to point out that if it were not for him and his cool nerves during that plane crash, I would not be here. This win is also for all Polish fans. I am glad that in the end we could sing our national anthem, together!

The 6th win at Bydgoszcz renewed my spirit and desire to reach for a medal. I’ve made good the losses from the previous rounds and I know that I stand a good chance for the third place overall. One could say that after mistakes, misunderstandings and that plane crash earlier on, I am now on the straight and narrow. I hope to keep the momentum going for at least another month, so in the end I can recover what I lost earlier. Together with my team I am looking forward to Krsko and Gelsenkirchen. After all the hard work together we deserve this win at Bydgoszcz and I am sure we will celebrate some more".

Nicki Pedersen is becoming a credit to the sport and long may he continue to do so

What Nicki Pedersen said at the press conference immediately after the Bydgoszcz GP.

"The most important thing for me was to get to the final. I reached this goal, so I am happy with my performance. Of course I would be even happier if I had won (smile). But everybody knows how difficult it is to beat Tomasz Gollob in his own backyard. I did that last year, but as they say, nothing happens twice (smile)

I was convinced that in the final Tomasz would try on the outside. I heard him coming and I was ready for him. I did not expect, however, that he would try to squeeze in on the inside. This put me off. I lost my rhythm and not only the lead but also the second place. I have no grudge. Gollob rode hard but fair. It was the final and the stakes were high. I’m glad though that after all that I stood on the rostrum. If I am in the final, the least I want is third place. I would have been very disappointed to be fourth.

I’ve increased my lead over Leigh Adams, but there won’t be any relaxation in the last two events at Krsko and Gelsenkirchen. It is a sport, and who knows what will happen next. So in the last two events I will do my best, in the same spirit as in the previous nine".

Great final race and very happy the master won. pity adams fell further behind :lol: . Pretty average meeting i thought but great fireworks, worth the plane ticket alone.

And once again young Gollob illustrates his unmatched, unadulterated and untainted genius - I repeat, there's more talent in a clipping off his little fingernail than the former British champion has in his whole being. The untalented are always caught out by Bydgoszcz.

Ya not wrong :D

For Bydgoszcz I thought this was a pretty poor GP.  This track is widely regarded as the best in the world, with multiple racing lines, so it was very disappointing to see riders in the main sticking, pretty much to one line.  It seemed that unless you were Gollob, moving of the line meant you went backwards.

As for the Brits, I thought Bomber gave a good account of himself on his first visit to Bydgoszcz.  Not an easy track to visit for the first time and yet he still went into his last ride with an outside chance of making the semis.  Who would have thought this would have been the case at the start of the season?

Nicholls looked slow (as he has done in many GP's this year).  Not an excuse but a fact.  Why this should be the case, given his GP experience, is beyond me.  We had Havelock on Sky saying they were struggling for a set-up.  Is it me, or does it seem that in most GP's we hear the Nicholls camp saying they are struggling for a set-up?

So overall, a disappointing night.

Maybe Scott needs to ditch the GM engine and switch back to JAWA??

Maybe Scott needs to ditch the GM engine and switch back to JAWA??

Why?

The top three in the standings all on GMs. Leigh Adams having his best GP season after switching from Jawa to GMs. Tomasz Gollob even ditching his faithful Bydgoszcz Jawa last Saturday.

He'd be better off ditching Havelock, if you ask me.

Yep that would definately help, what does Havvy actually do??

He gets to tell the world, via Steve Brandon, that the former British champion is struggling to get the set-up right, again and again and again.

I've just - literally - watched the race again and I HAVE to disagree.  Hampel (as Trees said) turned left immediatly after leaving the start long before the 'norm' for turning into the bend.  Andersen didn't have time to shut off, was clearly clipped by Hampel,  and hit the white line which caused his front wheel to lift.  I would imagine (having never ridden a speedway bike) that it is very difficult to have 'throttle control' with your front wheel 2 inches off the ground.  :unsure:  :blink:  Just try watching it on full speed and tell me how on earth he had the time to think and act to avoid that crash?  :blink:

Others do, Andersen can't - yet, simple explanation :wink: