British Speedway Forum

5 Danes and 0 Brits

Music to my ears :D:D

Calm down Chris  :P

Lukas probably has got a decent chance but if the world cup is anything to go by, he'll need his gating gloves on!

Magic gloves woulnt even be of any use in the Gp's!

Guest Panther22
Please please please not 5 danes in next years Gp!! Bad enough with pedersen and andersen acting like spoilt brats without more! :angry:

The GP and speedway as a whole needs characters like Hans and Nicky to counteract the incredibly boring robot riders like Leigh Adams.

And BTW, it is Nicky who behaves like the spoilt brat - throwing his toys out of the pram at Hans for a manouevre that he had no problem in copying at the very next GP - hypocritical idiot that he is :angry:

That said, five danes might be too much. Let's face it, despite my desire to have characters in the sport, the likes of Iversen and Bjerre will hardly be beating the opposition for the title of Mr Personality - oohh get me, and I'm a Panthers fan too. Shame on me :P

The GP and speedway as a whole needs characters like Hans and Nicky to counteract the incredibly boring robot riders like Leigh Adams.

Wash Your Mouth Out! Maybe if you've done as much for Speedway world-wide as Leigh has you'd be qualified to answer, but somehow I doubt it.

Wash Your Mouth Out! Maybe if you've done as much for Speedway world-wide as Leigh has you'd be qualified to answer, but somehow I doubt it.

No one would question how superb Leigh is ON track but he reallty isn't one to mingle with fans and he is not the character that some are. That shouldn't be taken as a criticism of him, its just the make up of us all is different

I'd love to see Lukas back in there, but that's for purely aesthetic reasons :P Hope Bjarne does enough to stay in...hes quality but strangely off the boil in GPs this year, he is better than that. Think Lindgren will be in anyway as part of the FIM/IMG newbie strategy. The rest...who cares. ;)

Edited by rabbit

No one would question how superb Leigh is ON track but he reallty isn't one to mingle with fans and he is not the character that some are. That shouldn't be taken as a criticism of him, its just the make up of us all is different

I've never seen Adams ride quite like he has in the GPs this season - ordinarily, I'd agree that he isn't the most thrilling rider, but this season some of his riding has been captivating. And no one seems to get interviewed as often as Adams intra-GP - seems to get interviewed after every four heats.

Guest Panther22

Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I mean. There is no question Leigh is a truly brilliant rider and I wish he were more likely to be world champion than Nicky, but he does lack a bit of charisma that some of the other riders have in abundance. But i certainly never meant to offend you Big Fat Dave. :D

Maybe Adams is a little reserved, but I find him to be an engaging fellow when he's interviewed - he's even stopped mentioning "A" finals these days.

No one would question how superb Leigh is ON track but he reallty isn't one to mingle with fans and he is not the character that some are.

Adams is amazing with the fans.

He speaks to them and whatever they want him to do he does (In reason)

Thanks Chris, that's exactly what I mean. There is no question Leigh is a truly brilliant rider and I wish he were more likely to be world champion than Nicky, but he does lack a bit of charisma that some of the other riders have in abundance. But i certainly never meant to offend you Big Fat Dave.  :D

No Wuckers m8, I just don't think you've seen all the many facets of Leigh; very rarely does he knock back a request for an autograph or an interview with print, film & TV, no question is too facile for him to answer when he's being "King of the Kids", I wish some of the other Superstar riders would put as much back into the sport as he has and still continues to not just in Oz but World-wide. As far as his armchair riding style goes, some of his duels with Jason Crump in this year's OzChamps had to be seen to be believed, real "Wall-of-Death" stuff!

If being a "Character" means expectorating the pacifier every time one doesn't get one's way, then trying to take out one's closest rivals during races then I'd agree Nicki's a character.

I'm not one to wish bad cess on any rider but in his case I might be tempted to make an exception.

After bumping into in Bydgoszcz, the term I'd use is professional, he's the ultimate professional, he commands respect so I respected him. He deserves a lot of applauds - I'd say he's even more professionally setup than Rickardsson was. He's quite a likeable chap I remember way back in the Channel 4 highlights when he was chatted with Bradbury post-meeting he presented himself as a good guy.

Possibly that's his character - the ultimate professional whose never become World Champion.

I've never seen Adams ride quite like he has in the GPs this season - ordinarily, I'd agree that he isn't the most thrilling rider, but this season some of his riding has been captivating. And no one seems to get interviewed as often as Adams intra-GP - seems to get interviewed after every four heats.

It seems him and Gollob have some racing love affair going on atm. Whenever they face, there is a good race on show.

I'd love to see Lukas back in there, but that's for purely aesthetic reasons  :P

He is a real character too - his antics at The Showground this season have been hugely entertaining both on and off the track! :lol:

He is a real character too - his antics at The Showground this season have been hugely entertaining both on and off the track!  :lol:

He's entertained me this year, his abuse of riders who don't deserve it has been fantastic :lol:

He's entertained me this year, his abuse of riders who don't deserve it has been fantastic  :lol:

Then you will I am sure look forward to watching him in the GP's next season as well. :D