British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Brown

Czech Championship

Martin Vaculik won tonights Czech Championship on this own track at Slany

He won the final when Lukas Dryml fell while challenging for the lead. Looks like Josef Franc was 2nd with Adrian Rymel finishing 3rd. An ill Ales Dryml failed to make the final finishing with 9 points in 6th

Results are from www.speedwaya-z.cz although a 'confused' Lukas did say that Josef Franc had won the title.

I'll go with the website version

Martin Vaculik won tonights Czech Championship on this own track at Slany

He won the final when Lukas Dryml fell while challenging for the lead. Looks like Josef Franc was 2nd with Adrian Rymel finishing 3rd. An ill Ales Dryml failed to make the final finishing with 9 points in 6th

Results are from www.speedwaya-z.cz although a 'confused' Lukas did say that Josef Franc had won the title.

I'll go with the website version

I'm at Prague airport on my way back from the meeting

Vaculik (a Slovakian, not a Czech!) won. He was last in the final (a four rider sudden death job) when Lukas mis-timed his dive under race leader Franc, having already passed Rymel. In the rerun the ref held tapes for a long time and Vaculik got a flyer.

The four finalists were clear from early on. Simota missed out because of a 2 minute exclusion and Ales Dryml suffered an engine failure (one of many in the meeting). Sitera looked worth keeping an eye on, Tomicek had a miserable day including two EFs and the one time he was leading the race was stopped.

Excellent racing, but the stadium makes Stoke and Smallmead look smart! Yet it had the best toilets I've seen at a speedway track!

Edited by arnieg

I'm at Prague airport on my way back from the meeting

Vaculik (a Slovakian, not a Czech!) won. He was last in the final (a four rider sudden death job) when Lukas mis-timed his dive under race leader Franc, having already passed Rymel. In the rerun the ref held tapes for a long time and Vaculik got a flyer.

The four finalists were clear from early on. Simota missed out because of a 2 minute exclusion and Ales Dryml suffered an engine failure (one of many in the meeting). Sitera looked worth keeping an eye on, Tomicek had a miserable day including two EFs and the one time he was leading the race was stopped.

Excellent racing, but the stadium makes Stoke and Smallmead look smart! Yet it had the best toilets I've seen at a speedway track!

Cheers Arnie.

Went to Slany for the 2002 World U21 Final and you are right about it being a poor stadium. Not sure whether its got floodlights yet but the timer of the meeting suggests not. What it does haev is a cracking pub at the bottom of the hill where you can get a meal for about £2

Obviously Lukas assumed the race had been awarded when he toppled off

nice to see lukas coming back to form this year. his EL form has been very encouraging at home and has picked up away from home lately whilst on the international stage has been impressive.