British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Parsloes 1928 nearly

Gb Under 18 Championship

I was ear wiggin at the hotel in poland lol

Well you sneaky little... :o;)

He will have to at some point, is it 18?

(is it 18 he will be when he has to choose?)

Yes, he'll have to decide at 18.

Just to repeat my previous comments on the subject. I don't blame Tai for getting all the experience he can. He's basically using a loophole to his advantage, so fair play to him. It bothers me that a young Brit could be denied an opportunity though, and I sincerely hope for that reason (and his obvious talent) that he chooses Britain.

It's hard on a 16/17 year old to ask him to make these types of decisions, but surely it comes with the territory?! If a rider can turn pro at 16 they should have to nail their colours to the wall at 16.

I don't think there's anything wrong in the British fans giving him a nudge in the right direction.

Well you sneaky little... :o  ;)

Yes, he'll have to decide at 18.

I don't think there's anything wrong in the British fans giving him a nudge in the right direction.

I do - it seems like many are (intentionally or not) pushing Tai away with their comments.

Perhaps you should all try pulling him in - giving him reasons to want to be British rather than giving him ammunition to go Australian by whinging that he's taking the place of a British lad. Praise - not punishment.

Honestly :rolleyes: some of you are as subtle as a sledge-hammer :rolleyes:

And it seems like Glanz is getting the same treatment - when is he 18?

I presume that he's called a young Dane by Plymouth as it makes him sound 'special and different' 'exotic' etc.

I thought my comments were quite well balanced.  What, exactly, have I said that would push him away?

I read it that you were insinuating that he was cheating the system by saying he was 'using a loophole' and also by saying that he was not 'a proper Brit' - which he is. He can choose to be Australian when he is 18 but until then he is 'a proper Brit' because he was born im this country, not born in Australia.

Perhaps I'm getting 'picky' with words - I'm studying again :oops:

no one on here could push him away 21st ch ,

he's to busy kickin ass to read all this dribble :lol:

i reckon theres the bigger picture to look at

i was mates with his dad ( tai was about 3 ) before he moved to oz

and know what difficulties they had getting a visa sorted

maybe tai ( & parents ) will look at life after speedway

when they decide what flag to ride under

even if tai does ride for australia

we have stacks of top quality riders on there way up

i.e bridger , auty , haines etc etc

and thanks to clubs like scunny

im sure many more will follow

If you're going to pick bits out then so will I. ;)

I also said that...

I don't blame Tai

fair play to him

his obvious talent

It's not cheating if you find a loophole and exploit it to your own advantage. It's the rules that are wrong, in my opinion.

Where have I said he's not a proper Brit? I know that he was born over here. I also know that he said that he considers himself an Aussie because he spent so much time over there. Although, you'll note I clearly state that was last year.

I'll be disappointed if he chooses to represent Australia, because he will be a loss to British Speedway. Also, in hindsight he will have taken the place of another young Brit in meetings such as this. The fact that this could happen bothers me. Once again in case you missed it, I believe the rules are wrong on this. I don't blame Tai for taking the opportunity to ride when and where he can to gain valuable experience.

He hasnt really taken the place of another young brit because most in the line up on monday were last minute replacements! Hes also providing stiff opposition for Josh Auty, and will keep Josh up to pace and his feet on the ground for a while yet :wink:

Lewis Bridger has lots of talent and he has proven that he can give us fans something to shout about ...yes my quote is also, that we all need to support our British lads that have the ability to go far in speedway..he might not be everyone's cuppa tea in personality  but that don't change him being British and a great entertainer in our Sport.. he still learning everyday as us all and our Sports association needs to help more to build and support our youngsters, get behind them more to make us Proud to have great talent.

No doubt about it Tai is more then special and like to Congratulate him for his fine efforts... I said before May the best man win!!!  Lets just hope that if he gets most of his support from British fans and promoters that he do the decent decider and Like us all see him represent us and wear the Great Britain Flag with pride.

:wub:

Well done to all the lads that rode and keep it up lads....U all was a pleasure to watch , From the Ippo crew  Supporting Jerran Hart

Cause if it wasn't for you young guys the speedway world would dry up!!!!!!  ;)

He hasnt really taken the place of another young brit because most in the line up on monday were last minute replacements! Hes also providing stiff opposition for Josh Auty, and will keep Josh up to pace and his feet on the ground for a while yet  :wink:

Granted, on this occasion a number of lads were injured.

I so agree with you! We should all be proud of all the british youngsters that ride and put they lives on the line for us to watch and enjoy. It dont matter whether you like they personalities or not (most of us love to hate the baddies!) they ride for our enterainment! The racing was brilliant on monday and i think should have been on telly, just to give the youngsters a boost!

They are our tomorrows stars and need all the help they can get!

Congrats to Tai, also well done jerran, 1st year in speedway and look where you have got! A big thankyou to the person who noticed the banner!!!! :lol:

Being a wolves fan and friends of Tai and Lewis ,i was disgusted when jeers and boos sounded when they interviewed the Bridge on the rostrum, these are the same guys who shout fall off etc when he does a wheelie.I can tell all you so called experts that Lewis is one of the nicest guys in speedway and he talks to me like the young eager 15year old, that was my teamate at weymouth(NO BIG HEAD )yes lewis was gutted not to beat Tai but thats what it means to him.

All night woffie was assume getting grip were Lewis couldn't,so all night Bridge tried to get his bikes to work for that one race, even using a polish motor which was giving him a terrible ride,with his EastBourne bike being unavailable he new it was going to be hard ,but hey give him credit for entertainment he could have followed Tai round on the same line but was in the dirt which is where he faltered on bend four and Tai did him on the inside, the guy who posted earlier who said Tai did him easy doesn't no ---- because that polish motor was pulling Lews arms out so Tai was not going to do him on that bend , on that lap.

Tai and Bridge ate two great British prospects and top guys and showmen WHO DON'T HAVE THERE HEAD UP THERE ARSE LIKE SOME and someday they could be world champions and British , Ben Taylor is a great rider of the future too, in fact all the lads rode great on Monday and the real winner is British speedway.

Good post Scooby, and an interesting insight into what goes on behind the scenes. Take your point entirely about the rostrum reaction. For all that it came from a very small minority, I found it distasteful. For what it's worth, if you look through the postings on this thread you'll find very little that isn't extremely positive about Bridger. And look at it this way: If the rider didn't possess the abundance of talent that he so obviously does, there wouldn't be the same intense spotlight on all aspects of his behaviour.

PS Aunty Sal: Wasn't aware that Jerran Hart was so new to the game. An even more impressive performance then.

Didn t go to wolves but sounds like a good meeting, riders should be proud. On the english aussie argument riders should have to choose when they apply for license , not knocking the lads but when you have danes aussies,kiwis and i think south african riders in teams that are only allowed to use british then its wrong and when they put it in programes,on suits and vans were they are from as well i think it takes the p**s a bit. Confrence is for british hopfull s bet other countries wouldn t allow it.

PS Aunty Sal: Wasn't aware that Jerran Hart was so new to the game. An even more impressive performance then.

Fourentee....Jerran first got on a 500cc late November last yr winning his first trophy entering the armature st johns cup final in Dec 06 at Sittingbourne. This then led him for trials for Lakeside Hammers Academy,then help from Len Silver had trials with the Conference team and helped out in a few meetings at No 8 Taken Ben Powell's replacement rides.

Jerran was hungry for more experience for more rides and as Len's team was Strong already he went to Sittingbourne Crusaders for the rest of the season earning rave reports in scoring double figures.

Fourentee....Jerran first got on a 500cc late November last yr  winning his first trophy entering the armature st johns cup final in Dec 06 at Sittingbourne. This then led him for  trials for Lakeside Hammers Academy,then help from  Len Silver had trials with the Conference team and helped out in a few meetings at No 8 Taken Ben Powell's replacement rides.

Jerran was hungry for more experience for more rides and as Len's team was Strong already he went to Sittingbourne Crusaders for the rest of the season earning rave reports in scoring double figures.

Good grief! Very assured on a bike for a rider with so little experience. Monmore, though a tremendous race track, can take some getting used to for the uninitiated. He looked totally unflustered in his heat win, which he led throughout. No wonder his supporters made the trip. Thanks, e,skidz