British Speedway Forum

I cant believe BJ did not slow up to let rory by on the last lap safrican american....

As he said after the meeting - its an individual meeing and points is points.

Pretty good night all round. Certainly the end of the meeting was as tense as you could hope for. Rory, Jason and Joe could all win the meeting (or force a run off) with a heat win and Billy needed a heat win to possibly force a run off for a rostrum place. Rory looked to have made the jump again, but Jason drove better to the first turn. He just got enough of a wheel over Rory that he could get off the curb. This gave Billy a clear run on the outside. For a few seconds it looked as though Billy could swoop around the outside of both Aussies. Jason got his wheels in line the quickest to hold the lead going in to the 3rd/4th turn for the first time. For a couple of laps Jason did well to hold the lead as Billy tried outside and Rory tried inside. He pulled well clear as the race went on, but there was little to choose between the two Bees riders. Rory was clearly the quicker of the two but just couldn't find enough grip on the inside. Billy rode a great race to stay in the dirt and keep up his momentum.

Of the others Franc impressed me. I didn't expect him to show quite so well. Compton was disappointing by contrast. Had these two performed the opposite way round I wouldn't have been surprised. Cam rode well but was a bit of a gating tart on the night. Did nothing when he missed it, but rode very well otherwise. He looked perfectly at home on the track, and certainly didn't make any mistakes.

Rider of the night has to go to Jason for his win, but Rory was consistently the quickest rider on show. He was just a bit unlucky to be pinned to the inside when it mattered most. Congrats to Jason.

I'm not sure what Andy did to crash. My eye was just drawn after the incident by the flying debris and the light reflecting off it as it flew through the air. The mess it left behind, and the distance Andy travelled from hitting the fence to where he came to rest made it look as though it must have been a really big crash. There was no news on his injuries last night. Best wishes to Andy.

Ben had a big crash with Jason, and was withdrawn from the meeting. He clipped the back wheel of Jason's bike which sent him over the high-side in a big way. It was a very heavy fall for Ben as he was thrown pretty high in the air before gravity took over. Jason went down as well. A nasty crash for him too. He'd have been taken by surprise by the click from behind, and I doubt he could react to save himself. He hit the fence pretty hard but was up after a few minutes. Ben took a while longer, but thankfully he was able to walk away (although clearly shaken up). Best wishes to Ben too.

Andy Smiths crash last night was pretty similar to the one earlier in the season when Tai Woffinden hit the same section of fence on the back straight. He also flew quite a distance through the air but he ended up on the other side of the fence. He also ended up in hospital as a result. Hope Andy is ok and back riding again soon. It certainly looked a bad one.

Sad news about Ben.

Thought the racing was rubbish tonight and i don't say that to often!!

It had its moments track was slick would have suited Cry Dry House if thay had been in town.

Best wishes to Smudger whatever is injuries are if any it was a horrible looking crash with no one else involved.

Sad news about Ben.

Thought the racing was rubbish tonight and i don't say that to often!!

Wouldn't have gone that far, but I've seen better. Perhaps the disparity between some of the riders was half the problem?

It had its moments track was slick...

I don't think it was slick, but the inside wasn't working as well as usual. The wider racing line was the place to be and it left few options when behind. Heat 20 being a perfect example.

Having almost completed every club this season (2 to go), I must say a few words about the Birmingham Second City Trophy meeting I was at . This was my first visit to the new Perry barr & indeed to Birmingham speedway. You Brummies fans win my award for the most friendly of all speedway fans. I have been up & down all year to all the tracks & I can honestly say I was made to feel at home. You were really pleasant to be with. The restaraunt area I must say was in top class condition. What a breathe of fresh life it has given me, especially after such a dismal & unhappy trip to Berwick last week, where I felt most unwelcome, was spoken to extremely unkindly by certain individuals & by a certain official who totally ruined my day after I had just travelled 750 miles!

But apart from the moaning about Berwick thanks you lot at Brum. It was an enjoyable evening especially as JL won it. Sorry to see Andy Smith have such a strange & nasty crash..hope you're ok Foxy.

Sheffield here I come....

Edited by cheekyboys2