British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Me too. Now that I've got my transport arranged and accommodation almost fixed up....I just hope I can get a ticket on the day.

Or else I'll put a curse on the place and it will be a lot worse than my rain dance last year!!

...I just hope I can get a ticket on the day.

Wait until 10 minutes after start time and the touts will be selling tickets for a fiver each.

Last year when queuing up outside the ticket office, some thick tout tried to sell us tickets for more than the tickets were were about to buy in the ticket office.

First rule of ticket touting, don't try and sell tickets for an event at higher than face value when the ticket office still has 30,000 left :D

I wonder if he ever sold them?!

Our tickets have just arrived too :approve:

We've had ours too.Arrived today.

Sue where are you guys staying, we're at the Holiday Inn, not too far to crawl back to ya see. :lol:

We've had ours too.Arrived today.

Sue where are you guys staying, we're at the Holiday Inn, not too far to crawl back to ya see. :lol:

You're not going to believe this, but that's where we're stopping and for exactly that reason, we stopped there last year too :approve:

See ya there... :P

Edited by shadow

You're not going to believe this, but that's where we're stopping and for exactly that reason, we stopped there last year too :approve:

Oh dear, I hope the place aint gonna be fully of Buzzing Bees fans :unsure:

Ah well if it is, im one pirate fan to spoil it :P

See ya there... :P

Your kidding, yahweh, we'll have to hold each other up. :lol::wink:

Is that where you're staying Shazzy? It would be great to see you again. :wink:

19 more sleeps! :approve::approve:

LT - as she does not have he good grace to reply to you I will!!!

No - she is not staying there, SHE is staying in the Mercure Macdonald Lodge. WE have stayed there for a few years now and the staff look after us very well. Pop in for a drink - there is always a lot flowing!!! :lol:

Guest sjl

24 hours ago I was not going and pretending that I couldn't give a damn :rolleyes:

Managed to not only pick up a spare ticket but overnight accomodation too!!! :approve:

19 more sleeps?? Bring it on! :lol:

Hi ...

Me again :rolleyes:

I hope I dont get turfed off for spamming here, lol.

I just happened to notice the shortage of accomodation you guys have been suffering and I am in a position to help out.

We have a hotel in Newport and have room for 3 doubles and 2 singles for the dates of your meeting.

Maybe even more if you are really pushed for somewhere to go :wink:

Obviously we are in a different city to the event but its just 12 miles and we'll drive you there and point you in the right direction ...

Then we'll pick you up afterwards and get you back to the hotel.

We have a restaurant and a pizza takeaway attached to the hotel and the bar closes .... errrmmmmmm ,.... well whenever :lol:

So there you go ... a nce place to kip ... restaurant and pizza place for munchies ... a bar that never closes and chauffeur driven to and from the event !!

It doesn't get much better does it ?

Get back to me here or call me on 07816992090 ... we'll sort out a deal for you.

PS ... we intend to use the hotel specifically for events such as this Speedway meeting. We will be offering package deals for ANY events in South Wales for 1 or 2 nights ... with transport to your event and return ... food, bed, beer, etc etc.

We have bookings for the 4 rugby games in Nov at the Millenium Stadium already. Also for the Madonna concerts.

Next year for the Speedway Grand Prix we'll lay on a real party atmosphere and get a great weekend sorted out for any of you guys who return annually ...

We can take bookings for this as from now ... we'll fit 46 people in the hotel altogether and they will all be Speedway fans - so book early !!!

To the Admin of this place: Nice forum and great members - hope I haven't intruded with my 'spamming' - just trying to help out :wink:

Oh dear, I hope the place aint gonna be fully of Buzzing Bees fans :unsure:

Ah well if it is, im one pirate fan to spoil it :P

Well there's ten in my party :lol:

I'm sure you won't spoil it, it'll just make it all the more fun for us.. :wink::P I'd imagine we'll be easy enough to spot ( or hear ) so come and say hello.

24 hours ago I was not going and pretending that I couldn't give a damn :rolleyes:

Managed to not only pick up a spare ticket but overnight accomodation too!!! :approve:

19 more sleeps?? Bring it on! :lol:

Couldn't resist could you sweetie. :wink:

So where have you found to stay?

We'll have to get together all of us, can't believe Sue&Tim are actually in the same hotel :approve:

Edited by colincooke

LT - as she does not have he good grace to reply to you I will!!!

No - she is not staying there, SHE is staying in the Mercure Macdonald Lodge. WE have stayed there for a few years now and the staff look after us very well. Pop in for a drink - there is always a lot flowing!!! :lol:

:oops: sorry Lt never saw your posting, like Sandie says we've been at the Lodge for a few years now been in hotels close to the stadium they are good especially the Holiday Inn but paying that amount of money for a room and not being able to get a seat in the bar after the meeting as passing speedway fans come in and end up sitting in the foyer no thanks I'll stick to the Lodge we get a good crowd there each year and plenty of seats inside and out for everyone. :approve: