British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Guest chris26
One answer for that.... DON'T GO BY CAR! Think it cost about £30 return on the Ipswich coach last year - very good IMO. £40 or whatever it was for the ticket (and even though they were the cheaper tickets, it was still a fantastic view!), had a KFC in the city centre which was about £4 including a drink. Then a Beer or 2 inside the stadium - £5 or 6 for 2.

So, less than £100 - which included food that I took :approve:

I don't do long distance coach trips though :P - cant stand them as it is but can tolerate a short journey if that's the case. no-way I am doing a long-haul though. If I ever go, it will be by CAR and CAR only. I don't like KFC (can't stand it) and if I had beer, would rather take my own ;)

as far as I am concerned, if you or anybody else wants to splash out on it, then fair play to you and I respect that but for me, Cardiff is just not my cup of tea and I don't IMO see the need to waste money unnecessarily when I get perfectly good TV coverage at home and I can see everything that happens on the track lap by lap. :approve::)

I don't do long distance coach trips though :P - cant stand them as it is but can tolerate a short journey if that's the case. no-way I am doing a long-haul though. If I ever go, it will be by CAR and CAR only. I don't like KFC (can't stand it) and if I had beer, would rather take my own ;)

as far as I am concerned, if you or anybody else wants to splash out on it, then fair play to you and I respect that but for me, Cardiff is just not my cup of tea and I don't IMO see the need to waste money unnecessarily when I get perfectly good TV coverage at home and I can see everything that happens on the track lap by lap. :approve::)

But on the flip side you just HAD to be there last year when Bomber passed Hancock.

Fan - bloody - tastic! :D

Nothing could beat Cardiff last year on so many levels, so not going this year and be disappointed. Will watch on TV with some beers and a curry, and just hope that it's even half as good an event as 2007.

But on the flip side you just HAD to be there last year when Bomber passed Hancock.

Yeah, that was priceless :approve:

as far as I am concerned, if you or anybody else wants to splash out on it, then fair play to you and I respect that but for me, Cardiff is just not my cup of tea and I don't IMO see the need to waste money unnecessarily when I get perfectly good TV coverage at home and I can see everything that happens on the track lap by lap. :approve:

Can't take your own Beer into the stadium :P

Well, the way I look at it is that it's only 1 night in the year, and it's overall a great day and night. I don't like being on a coach for 5 hours either, but you deal with it. You do things that you don't like in life - and it's worth being on a coach for 5 hours when you get inside the plush Millenium Stadium :approve:

I'm not loaded, far from it, BUT I don't mind paying £100 for a fantastic night - especially as it's only 1 night in 365.

Guest chris26

I got a superb first-hand view of it thanks to the SKY cameras... and I didn't need to be there to hear the noise. Was deafening almost and that was just through TV speakers so won't even begin to imagine the damage people suffered to their hearing :P;)

Nothing could beat Cardiff last year on so many levels, so not going this year and be disappointed. Will watch on TV with some beers and a curry, and just hope that it's even half as good an event as 2007.

See you there then Rabbs (you said you wasn't going last year :wink::lol: )

I am sure i heard someone say that before :rolleyes::lol:

You two in cahoots or summat? :lol:

Nah I'm off ghost-hunting in Cornwall the week before so definitely no Cardiff this year. :approve:

Edited by rabbit

You two in cahoots or summat? :lol:

Nah I'm off ghost-hunting in Cornwall the week before so definitely no Cardiff this year. :approve:

Cornwall ? why not try poole's trophy cabinet :wink:

Bet you fiver that you go ,you can pay me at cardiff :lol:

Even better weekend now that the EL Pairs are the day after:

Bears on Thursday

PL Pairs Friday

GP Saturday

EL Pairs Sunday

Even better weekend now that the EL Pairs are the day after:

Bears on Thursday

PL Pairs Friday

GP Saturday

EL Pairs Sunday

Appointment with the Bank manager on Monday ;)

£100 or so in petrol money
What do you drive? :shock: I spend about £1 for every 10 miles and I drive a performance sports car :neutral: Assuming it's a 600 mile round trip for you thats £60.

It's weird, in some ways Bomber has ruined Cardiff :shock: Fingers crossed we get a Bomber, Rico and Nicholls 1-2-3 :D and Nicki Pedersens fails to score :approve:

Appointment with the Bank manager on Monday ;)

Wolves on the Monday if they have a meeting ;)

Hey you guys, get this.

On Saturday when i was on the way to Lynn, a Coventry fan none the less that was on our bus said to a few people that he thought Jason & Leigh let Bomber go past them, this obviously got around to us all & the suggestion was totally ridiculed.

What do you think?

Another question, should i name & shame the fool?