British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

i will be there nice an early to book into the hotel.. then onto pick up my pit pass then into the pub for soft drinks.. hopefully meet up with some of you guys..

Darren

I'll be going on the bus from Lynn again.

However this year, I plan on plonking my bum down in a pub beforehand and meeting all you err.. 'lovely' :wink: people.

Well We shall have to meet up! Cant wait to camp, drinking fund is in progress! :P

I'm there with bells on, staying at St Hilary Lodge, doesn't look to far from the stadium maybe a km or so.

Probably have an Aussie flag or a boxing Kangaroo flag with me. :wink:

if i decide to go again this year i'll be crashing out in the back of my van again

you'll notice me staight away because i'll be carrying a drunken aussie holding a aussie flag/boxing kangaroo flag :lol:

So another member with two forum names!!!!!! :wink:

Cant be more than one Aussie fan coming to Cardif!! :lol:

i'm going for the weekend again and all this talk in certainly making me very excited!

bomber to win again? :neutral::D

Not the only one!

Spent much of the build up waiting to see if I was actually going even though I have a hotel booked but thankfully my softly softly approach with my mum made her say yes to having 2 of the kids again.

Still not sure on the forum meet up yet especially if the weather is dodgy, couldn't face being in the pub like last year, way way too crowded and I don't do well in crowds.

Anyone else staying at the Copthorne? Even though I said I was going to get a closer hotel this year (and did in fact originally book a room at the Holiday Inn), the lure of a suite compared to a room for the same price proved too much!

By the sounds of the size of your room for one person we're all coming to drink your mini bar and then eat off the room service menu!!!! :wink::lol:

So another member with two forum names!!!!!! :wink:

Cant be more than one Aussie fan coming to Cardif!! :lol:

not the same person :blink:

we met up last year while i was visiting perth B)

By the sounds of the size of your room for one person we're all coming to drink your mini bar and then eat off the room service menu!!!! :wink::lol:

Ahh but it's not just me in the rooms, eldest son is also coming (he gets the lounge and I get the massive bedroom!)

I can't wait for Cardiff all packed and so excited ..... how sad is that!!!! :lol:

Sue you'll have to come round and find us then and have a beer :approve:

Guest chris26

i am sure the folk of cardiff will bolt up the doors when they hear you shazzy :P - especially if you have had just a few beers :lol:

got a great one-liner though (inspiration from mock the week). anyone remember that 5ive song from years ago and the bunk beds you sometimes get. "from the makers of slam dunk da funk - drunks in a bunk." :rolleyes::lol::D

Edited by chris26

Luckily the windows in our hotel don't open so they can't hear any of us when we are sat outside all night, well except Vic White he heard a bit of a noise but we convinced him it was motorway traffic :wink::lol:

Guest chris26
Luckily the windows in our hotel don't open so they can't hear any of us when we are sat outside all night, well except Vic White he heard a bit of a noise but we convinced him it was motorway traffic :wink::lol:

:lol: - good job, though I guess they'll put shatterproof glass in too :P - for a number of reasons :D

Trust me they love us in our hotel :wink::lol: that's why we go back year after year :approve:

coming in from the states .....where is a good place to meet race fans in Cardiff??

good place for some drinks after the race??

first time in England looking so forward to the trip.. :lol:

not the same person :blink:

we met up last year while i was visiting perth

yer yer - heard that one before. Will need to meet both of you before I believe it!!!!!

Remove the batteries from his hearing aid this year and the wheels from his zimmer frame so he cant look for them!!!! :o

coming in from the states .....where is a good place to meet race fans in Cardiff??

good place for some drinks after the race??

first time in England looking so forward to the trip.. :lol:

Hey Volt - we generally meet up in a place called the Prince Of Wales Pub.

But Cardiff City centre will just we swimming with speedway folk. In every pub in every street.

Never seen a sight like it before.

Where are you planning on staying? Hope you have it sorted already

Edited by Sandie