British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Was going to stay at the same place as last year but its gone up by 35 quid for a 2 night stay,we are looking for somewhere roughly within about 4 miles of the stadium.

I tried for the lodge a couple of weeks back but no rooms were available....shame really, it sounded like it could be fun!

Don't worry Sue Looks like you will have our group to keep you company at the Copthorne :)

excellent company all weekend even if Pammie did miss the Friday night!

I will not miss the friday night next year I promise :)

Unfortunately no its not Oz, it'll be Christchurch, NZ.

Ah, Christchurch, short for Christchurchitscold! Situated within cooee of the SouthFlamin'Pole fercrissakes! Your nearest neighbours will be Penguins and Aussies, you lucky boy!!. Some ol' buddies of mine were in a bike club in Invercargill which is even further south - we used to call them the Antartic Angels!

Should see some good rugby there for sure, that is if its not snowed off!

Don't worry Sue Looks like you will have our group to keep you company at the Copthorne :)

Excellent news!

Is my little bud Nikki going to be with us again this year, if so will be packing more shots!  :approve: Now got to cancel the other three weekends I had booked, excellent company all weekend even if Pammie did miss the Friday night!

Stupid question, of course I'll be there!! :D Counting down the days already!! Mission for 2008 - Im not gonna crash and burn sat nite - I will see dawn break!!

And yes it is coming round quickly Sandie. Booked tickets the other day, 27th Jan is the date!

I'll be at the airport making sure u actually go :P I'll prob pop along for a drink or two at your leaving party... then throw another one once you've gone to celebrate! :P:D

Cardiff???? Garbage. Novelty value has worn off and the racing as usual is awful.

Completely agree SR, ticket prices a rip off as well. IMG/BSI are mugging the British speedway public off the back of Bombers win this year.

Booked my tickets for Cardiff the other day! Roll on 28th June 2008!!! Not staying over, prob gonna get the coach from Coventry as they usually put one on, means gettin there early and the possibility of having a few drinks in the pub beforehand!!

Saint Rob- completely disagree with your comments about Cardiff, the nolvelty value certainly hasn't worn off for me and my Dad, especially after Chris Harris' win this year!!

Completely agree SR, ticket prices a rip off as well.  IMG/BSI are mugging the British speedway public off the back of Bombers win this year.

The prices have hardly risen from last year so how you can say that is unreal.

That's quite funny.. :D Do you think you could order something to eat that I might like next year though.. just incase you do have to "leave early" ;)

That's quite funny..  :D Do you think you could order something to eat that I might like next year though.. just incase you do have to "leave early"  ;)

You still wouldnt get to the plate before Chivsy!! :D

You still wouldnt get to the plate before Chivsy!! :D

Now that is true Sandie.. that lad can move when there's food on the table I tell ya :D

The prices have hardly risen from last year so how you can say that is unreal.

Well I gave it a miss this year as well so am unaware of what the increase is for 2008, athough they price hike hasn't stopped yet - buy your tickets after 31st December and they'll cost you even more.

Compare the prices to what they were 2 or 3 years ago though and it's a rip off. Family ticket in 2004 cost £60. Family ticket for 2008 will cost £80 or £90

If l look back even further a ticket for lower level on the back straight in 2001 cost £19.

Sorry, but the racing at Rye House is more exciting that Cardiff and as SR said the novelty factor has worn off for me. The biggest highlight for the fans now seems to be who can get the most pissed.

No doubt between March and June sky will keep bigging up Cardiff as if it's the greatest event the world has ever seen. How many times will we hear Jonathan Green shout 'can Chris Harris do it again????' Yawn

I love it when the tight-arses get all defensive about why they aren't going. :D

Not tight at all Diesel, I've thrown enough money at speedway over the course of 30+ years.

But if I decide to go to a GP in 2008 I'll go to one of the eastern european ones where there's a chance the racing might be better and the atmosphere just as good.

You also get a decent weekend out of it as well and don't have to put up with thousands of knob heads in their union jack hats trying to carry 4 pints of larger and spilling 2 pints over you on their way past. I wouldn't mind so much but most of them can only drink 2 before they're p!ssed anyway so buying 4 is a waste of money! :P