British Speedway Forum
Steve Turner

Final Gp, From Germany

(typed after final)

Nice one AJ! Great night and brilliant final. Deserved the win IMO. :D

Will get a wildcard no problem.

Well the only reason to that AJ won was that Nicki mad a mistake after AJ missed the start in the semi.

Well the only reason to that AJ won was that Nicki mad a mistake after AJ missed the start in the semi.

still did it though... thats just the way speedway goes sometimes. nicki's won the championship overall, im sure hes not that gutted! :)

Even still, AJ had a good night, deserved the points he scored and the win in the final, Nicki's fault for making a mistake, AJ just took advantage of that.

Check out AJ's trophy aswell. :blink:

Edited by tigerblues

looks like speedway gp moved up a level tonight ,lets hope club speedway can take advantage.Hampel will be sweating on Wild card perhaps now ,with holta getting through!

Happy the Gps are moving forward lets just hope we can get some tracks that actually let the riders do the same next year. :P well done AJ

Poor Hans Andersen..he's had so much bad luck this year..what can you do about that?i thought the way he handled himself after shows how much he's matured over the last year or so...as for that polish ref..he should be sacked,he's a disgrace..how could he not exclude Nicholls??? :mad:

looks like speedway gp moved up a level tonight ,lets hope club speedway can take advantage.

It did?? Yeah let's hope, dunno in what way though, apart from taking all the best riders away from the leagues!!

The ONLY reason...hmmm

The reason mentioned is the one who got AJ through to the final

Poor Hans Andersen..he's had so much bad luck this year..what can you do about that?i thought the way he handled himself after shows how much he's matured over the last year or so...as for that polish ref..he should be sacked,he's a disgrace..how could he not exclude Nicholls??? :mad:

Agree, ofcourse Nicholls should have been excluded.

Luckily for Harris he will get a WC for next year anyway.

AJ, Harris, Hampel and Lindgren should be the lucky 4!!

Enjoyed tonights gp = highlight has to be Nicki's air guitar :D:P

AJ did deserve the win tonight so fair play to the guy and he deserves to be chosen as a wildcard next season...good to see Hancock back in the hunt and I did think Crumpy was brilliant with what he said to Brando - so respect to JC...

Bit unsure about the race-off - looked a bit messily organised - didnt want Holta to have another year in the gps....thought Bomber was harshly done by Scotty - would have been nice to have heard reaction rom the pair of them after ;)

So overall I think the GP was a success - I certainly plan on going next year and even know what block I want to sit in....looked a good atmosphere and I'm sure next year with 200 thousand dollars up for grabs it will be even better :)

Nickis air guitar was so funny, top man :D

well done aj a deserving winner, decent meeting well after about 15 races. just cant wait for the 2008 series now

Edited by Andrew E

Well done AJ...pleased for the guy and think he should be back in next year. Similarly Holta for riding through the pain barrier. Bad luck for poor old Barney in that semi - knew he wouldn't get lucky second time out but just pleased to see Hans get up from the crash. How he didn't break a collarbone is anyone's guess, but boy I reckon he'll ache tomorrow.

Well done to AJ.Me wants a loan me thinks :P

Race-off was abit haphazard & i think Chris Louis mentioned that the draw was done by order of the riders race number.Didn't matter to me cos whoever missed out will get the 1st wild-card anyway,the race incident was a bit harsh on Bomber but not intentional,track slightly to blame.Hans earned some respect from me tonight,track was to blame there too,but how any bits came out of that back end.

Good job Nicki or Jagus didn't win that trophy cos it was bigger than they are :D

Guest Sir Lunchalot
...as for that polish ref..he should be sacked,he's a disgrace..how could he not exclude Nicholls??? :mad:

The referee reads this forum and is sick of the "Nicholls is a beggar" posts ?