British Speedway Forum
Steve Turner

Final Gp, From Germany

Well Egon Müller was on the North German channel(NDR) last month for about 30 minutes and gave the GP and other speedway events a good mention.Eurosport with Tobi Kroner showed the last GP live and gave numerous mentions and ads for the GP.Obviously the speedway mag(Bahnsport-Aktuell)has been running features and ads all year,i can only assume the other general mortorsport mag that features speedway(MSA)also has done similar.As for local cable channels or the main tv channel(WDR) i can't say,but have found nothing on the WDR teletext

18:15 British time

Nearly 20,000 tickets sold now.A late rush?

Press conference

Edited by iris123

With Hampel out, the big question is who will fill the last of the 8 qualifying places.

Hoping Scott gets in there this year along with AJ, but both should be back in next year anyway.

Nicki may be WC already, but its going to take something special stopping him win this one.

....As for local cable channels or the main tv channel(WDR)  i can't say,but have found nothing on the WDR teletext

My (sad) point is that in order to attract the general public the SGP promoters need to be ensuring that local and national media are involved heavily. I strongly stress that the embarrassing lack of coverage is applicable in practically every country involved in staging the rounds.

Having a mention in the papers a couple of days before the meeting will not fill a sports stadium.

Anyway, keeping on topic and talking about the German GP. It's good to hear that 20,000 tickets have now been sold. That number, compared to other rounds, is obviously very good. I would love to think that it means there is a great boost for German speedway coming up. Unfortunately, due to lack of fitting indigenous coverage ahead of the event, the majority of those spectators are going to be from abroad. Which takes me back to my original comments regarding a strange circus and it's customers rolling in and out of town, bemusing and possibly, amusing the locals.

[i think MR adams will hav somthing 2 say about nicki winning 2nite.

Leigh to win the 100 thousand and surprise his mum n dad who cant find out if he won or not till monday!

quote=T.N.T.,Oct 13 2007, 09:14 AM]

With Hampel out, the big question is who will fill the last of the 8 qualifying places.

Hoping Scott gets in there this year along with AJ, but both should be back in next year anyway.

Nicki may be WC already, but its going to take something special stopping him win this one.

We must remember that it's not a foregone conclusion that either Bomber or Herbie will still be in the top 8 after tonight although i hope this will be the case & Bomber will have no problem with a nomination imo.Herbie is a different matter altogether,is it just me or does any anyone else get the feeling he's winding down.

The webcam is covered in rain at the moment ( a couple of hours before the start ) !

Hefenbrock wins heat one

Remember 1983 :o

Hefenbrock wins heat one

Remember 1983  :o

Yes ,but Hef hasnt got the whole track crew helping him,has he?

Unlike 83,of course!! :wink:

Scotty and Holta go through but then again Harris will get seeded probably so what was the point in all of that :blink: and also was the gate pick really that fair :rolleyes:

Re the richest minute in bikesport ........ so what I wanna know is why don't they count the other 5 minutes that the riders have ridden to get to the final or do they get paid separately for them? :D

(typed before final)

Course it was fair. 91 points, does it matter how they were scored? Either way you do it, it will be "but Bomber's won one" or Nicholls has finished in (insert whatever number it is here) finals etc.

Agree though, whichever rider missed out would have got a wildcard, surely. Harris will get one no problem even if only on nationality. Bet he was gutted about the run-off though, Nicholls gave him a right nudge, although don't think for a minute it was intentional.

(typed after final)

Nice one AJ! Great night and brilliant final. Deserved the win IMO. :D

Will get a wildcard no problem.