British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mateusz

Polish Ekstraliga 30th September

So how do Leszno ride Toruns track? Who is the favourite to win the Championship?

Edited by marron

Well - last 2 years Leszno took 3 of 4 match points at Torun`s track...

In 2005 they have won 49-41 [in the same time when Polonia took two 5-1`s in heats 14 and 15 at Czestochowa during victorious match 46-44], and last year Leigh Adams and Damian Balinski levelled the score up to 45-45 in the last heat decider. This year those two teams met each other in opening round on April 9th at Torun and there was The host`s 49-44 win...so after Leszno`s 49-41 win tonight, next week`s re-match looks very exciting... :)

Key to shortcuts :

- d4,3,2,1 - Engine failure on 4th,3rd,2nd,1st position

- u4,3,2,1 - fell on 4th,3rd,2nd,1st position

- w/su - excluded for causing the crash

- u/w - fell - excluded

- zastepstwo zawodnika = rider replacement

- t - excluded for touching the tapes

BTW - does the history likes repeat itself?? We`ll see on October 7th 2007...

In 1996 Final, Czestochowa faced....Torun. The Lions have won 1st match 50-40, and all of Torun managments were pretty sure to take a higher win in re-match at home...but they were wrong. Czestochowa riders were very concentrated and they took an 8 point lead in early stages [22-14] Torun used tactical substitutes butthey couldn`t get enough advantage over the Lions who secured Polish champs title after Heat 12 [there was 38-34]. In this day`s official programme, on the back cover there was a picture of Torun`s team with the note below:

"This is the picture of Polish vice*-champions Team of 1996

* - delete unwanted"

So, I had to delete the "vice-" note :)

Torun was to much sure to win the duble-header final, and I think that it was enough lesson to ride until the 15 heat finishes :)

Edited by Lawrence

reported crowd: 26 000

As usual in Poland :) - and it was an ordinary league match :)

I predict that Torun`s stadium will be overcrowded as well - about 20 000 fans for sure - Those who owns Polsat Sport can be ready for the best actions there :)

I watched the match between my mates from Leszno so my few words from the battlefield..

As usual in Poland - and it was an ordinary league match

Well, I don't describe the final as an ordinary league match.. And let's not exaggerate such massive crowds are a common thing at every stadium each round.. But number of fans at the Leszno stadium today was more than impressive indeed, seemed like the whole city was there! :blink:

Three hours before the meeting I didn't manage to buy a programme as they had been already sold out. As it turned out, I was quite lucky to get a ticket as they were sold out as well, about one hour later! A total madness :D Peeps everywhere, I bet if they had a stadium for 50 thousand, they'd have gotten those 50 thousand there..

The match was nothing special tbh and actually I don't know why.. The track didn't seem slick but it provided only a few passes throughout the whole meeting. Shame but guys around me didn't seem to be concerned about it much - obviously only the result mattered. The atmosphere was fabulous, it was worthwhile going there to hear the roar and watch the passion of 25 thousand speedway fans.. Although I felt a bit strange as an impartial watcher (prefered Leszno to win because of the hatred of Torun but didn't care that much really..) I enjoyed this event.

I predict that Torun`s stadium will be overcrowded as well - about 20 000 fans for sure - Those who owns Polsat Sport can be ready for the best actions there

The Torun stadium is a small cr@p comparing to Leszno, wondering how many Leszno fans they are gonna allow to get in after Leszno's unfair ticket policy towards Torun fans. Not my problem though, should be fun anyway.

Very hard to predict who will be crowned. 8 pts of advance don't guarantee anything and the case is still open which is good for a drama of the 2nd leg match, of course :)

Had to run through the whole city, from the stadium to the railway stadium, to catch the last train and honestly, I'm knackered :P - pictures & vids tomorrow.. 'night.

PS. Feeling sorry for Rzeszow.

Edited by Mateusz

I'd make Leszno favourites to win after yesterday. They're "top line" of Adams, Kasprzak, Hampel and Balinski should score enough to get them the win on aggregate. I think they'd be better off drafting Miskowiak into the team and putting Batchelor at reserve ahead of Pavlic, since Torun's reserve pairing of Marcinkowski and Zabik had a field day yesterday, which is just as well.

Can Torun operate rider replacement for Robert Kosciecha? That would seem a better option than either Dryml or Zagar, both of whom may have a prior engagement in Pardubice anyway. But neither would be a great loss - Zagar in particular is becoming an embarrassment. I just don't understand why Jan Zabik allowed such a joke as Zagar to have four rides yesterday?

Should be an interesting meeting in Torun, but for Unibax to stand a chance they're going to need big performances from Jagus, Sullivan and Zabik.

Torun have singed Johno for Sunday :)

Go Johnoski :P

Edited by Ozyace