British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Antonio Lindbäck Has Decided To Quit His Career

I was quite chocked when i read this a few minutes ago.

Antonio Lindbäck has decided to quit his career according to a press conference held by his Swedish club Masarna.

the full story can be read here:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article915197.ab

A short translation maybe?

Something about a drink drive ban effecting his season?!

Can a bonafide Swede give a decent translation please?

short version: poor season, especially poor finacially result for Masarna, Antonio blames himself, uses his car while affected by alcohol. Police tryingt o stop him. Antonio gets away but is later caught when he is trying to unlock his car.

Dont have time for a more extensible translation now.

Anyway very very sad to read this and i really hope AL c an find himself again.

Didn't Lindback give up on Speedway half way through last season?

Sad news indeed and such a waste of talent. Let's hope the kid (as that's what he still is) can sort his life out.

short version: poor season, especially poor finacially result for Masarna, Antonio blames himself, uses his car while affected by alcohol. Police tryingt o stop him. Antonio gets away but is later caught when he is trying to unlock his car.

Dont have time for a more extensible translation now.

Anyway very very sad to read this and i really hope AL c an find himself again.

Thanks for the translation. And I agree, very sad news indeed. :(

What a shame to hear that, only a few years ago Antonio had everything going for him - I hope he gets his life back on track and makes a return to the sport :)

Also talking about his polish season and how he's only been allowed to ride in half the matches. GP hasn't been that great either and he's bottom of the table there. In short his yet short but succesfull career hasn't developed as hoped this year and he now feels the pressure is too high and is calling it a day.[

Edited by f-s-p

sounds serious, as he tried to get away from the Police, any news on what his punishment will be?

To me it sounds like a case of burn out, he has lots and lots of attention in the sport and it sounds like he does not want to ride anymore.

Happy Days