British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KevH

Coatbridge

Does anyone know the track record, holder and date set for Cliftonhill when the Tigers moved out midway through 1977 please?

Does anyone want to help create a Coatbridge page on my www.defunctspeedway.co.uk website? Pictures and views and a bit of history?

I don't have the final programme from Coatbridge (17/6 v Eastbourne) but at the start of that meeting the track record would have been the 67.8 secs set by Peter Collins on 17/9/76. Typical race times were 3/4 secs slower than that so I believe that record would have remained intact.

I don't have the final programme from Coatbridge (17/6 v Eastbourne) but at the start of that meeting the track record would have been the 67.8 secs set by Peter Collins on 17/9/76. Typical race times were 3/4 secs slower than that so I believe that record would have remained intact.

What was that meeting Tiger ? I dug out an old Coatbridge v Paisley programme from the 18th of June 1976 , but on the fixture list it just has the 17/9 as an Open meeting .

Many, many thanks for that tigerbrandcoffee. :approve:

Ah... Coatbridge - the only speedway track where I've ever had to pay to get OUT of the bar! Us coachload of Crayford Kestrelites arrived nice an early for our match (think we got walloped!) and duly took residence in the bar. As we went to go out to watch the meeting this bloke demanded 10p from each of us before he'd allowed us out. Seemed his job was to collect said amount from everyone as they went in but we had arrived at the circuit before him! :lol:

What was that meeting Tiger ? I dug out an old Coatbridge  v Paisley programme from the 18th of June 1976 , but on the fixture list it just has the 17/9 as an Open meeting .

I don't have the programme but it was a 4TT challenge with Belle Vue, Halifax and Hull. Hull won the meeting.