British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
smiles

GP Challenge

6 qualifyers (3 already in this years GP, probably 4 if Dryml had not crashed)

They want new riders in the GP each year, yet some choose to qualifyer.

Let the qualifyers be for none Gp riders and bring back the challenge at the end of the GP for the bottom 12 of the Gp and the next 4 from todays grand final.

If Bsi chosoe 6 of this year line up for the seeds next year that means only 3 new riders not a big change.

6 seeds this year could go on people who have been injured through the season

dryml,Loram,richardson,jonsson,Lyons(biased Belle Vue Fan),Anderson,Ceigelski.

Lots of Injuries this season.

What are other peoples view on Gp riders qualifying and bringing back the Challenge.

6 qualifyers (3 already in this years GP, probably 4 if Dryml had not crashed)

They want new riders in the GP each year, yet some choose to qualifyer.

Let the qualifyers be for none Gp riders and bring back the challenge at the end of the GP for the bottom 12 of the Gp and the next 4 from todays grand final.

If Bsi chosoe 6 of this year line up for the seeds next year that means only 3 new riders not a big change.

6 seeds this year could go on people who have been injured through the season

dryml,Loram,richardson,jonsson,Lyons(biased Belle Vue Fan),Anderson,Ceigelski.

Lots of Injuries this season.

What are other peoples view on Gp riders qualifying and bringing back the Challenge.

Thats how I reckon it should be.

SGP 2004

SGP 2003's top 10 = 10

Poole meeting = 6

And then the next 6 from Poole along with 11th-20th from SGP going for 4 GP places with 2 Nominated places for riders like Cegla.

I agree they should bring back the Challenge Round. They only did away with it in the first place to stop Andy Smith qualifying.

The problem with the present system is that current GP riders who are not sure of getting in the Top 10 have to go through the World Championship Qualifying Rounds, but then if they do make the Top 10 they are doubly qualified and their entry in the qualifying rounds would have been a waste of time. Anyone who is in the current Grand Prix should be given a chance of retaining their place without having to go through the qualifying rounds. (Either that or everyone should go through a qualifying process like the old one-off days).

Guest Pinstripe2k3

Yep.bring back the 2000 format where they went through quarter finals and semis etc.

If crap GP standard riders like Hans N Andersen and Bjarne pedersen are struggling in the GP,why give them a second chance.I know Andersen wasnt in it,but Pedersen was,and as a result we have to put up with him in this years GP.It should end up with a GP final in Krsko with 16 non GP riders -simple as.I know im going to get Poole and Newcastle fans on my back now,but its simple,Bjarne Pedersen shouldnt of been in the challenge this year.If hes in the GP and wants to stay in the following year,he should of done it the real way - finish top ten material.

They obviously stopped the GP Challenge in 2002, because the last grand prix was in Australia in October, and it would have been far too late to run a challenge after that. The GPs are running 'til October again this year, so I guess they decided to scrap the challenge for the same reason.

Sam.