British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Swedish Elite & Allsvenskan Team Squads For 2008

Maciej Piaszczyński was part of Polish national team in Junior Team World Championship semifinal in Poznań - he scored 10 points in 4 heats and was beaten only by the best riders in Australian (Chris Holder - 16 points in 6 heats) and Russian (Emil Sajfutdinow - 12 points in 6 heats) teams. As appeared few months later - he was beaten by the Individual Junior World Champion and Vice-Champion :)

Piaszczyński was borned in 1989 and started his speedway career when he was 15 years old in German league (in Poland he could get the licence when he was 16). This year he represented club from Poznań in Polish 1st league and got the heat average 1,451 (at home track 1,684 and away 1,182). [E.g. Kaj Laukkanen had heat average 1,489 - also in Polish 1st league]

He is quite offensive rider and I think he is able to score quite good in Allsvenskan ...

Have looked at some photos of Maciej Piaszczyński and he has a nice tidy style, its looks as he was born on a bike.

Damian Balinski has once again made a uturn and now has signed for Piraterna.

The question is who will have to leave. One Possibillity is to move Linus S to Solkatternas squad.

Guest Schumi
Why are Hammarby so slow in announcing any confirmed riders for 2008?

I've heard they have a few loose ends to tie up from last season, but I've not seen it officially, so it's not a definite fact.

Have to admit I'm quite surprised. Good for him!  :approve:

yes and good for speedway in general that we starting to get more riders from other countries then the "top 5".

Why are Hammarby so slow in announcing any confirmed riders for 2008?

Because, depending on which riders we are able to bring in, others will be shipped out, even if they have deals for 2008 which all riders from this years team currently have.