British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pedropete

Bydgoszcz Flights

Sounds interesting! Tell me more:

Paul likes to think he's scotty 2 hotty :D

Breaking my Bydgoszcz cherry this year. Can't wait!!!! :D :D :D

Edited by beesboybert

Can anyone recommend hotels situated nearby I have so far struggled to find a city centre one that is available? Thanks.

Can anyone recommend hotels situated nearby I have so far struggled to find a city centre one that is available? Thanks.

Apollo hotel is basic, but available! About 5 mins in a cab from the centre of town and under £30 a night. Plenty of speedway folk stay there...

Just don't play AlGerrie at Scrabble.

Rico :rolleyes:

Apollo hotel is basic, but available! About 5 mins in a cab from the centre of town and under £30 a night. Plenty of speedway folk stay there...

Many thanks!!

Good news for British fans from Birmingham and close situated places ... From 4th of July Ryanair will fly from Birmingham to Bydgoszcz (and back :P) - 2 times a week (mondays and fridays).

Of course you can get to Bydgoszcz by plane from some other airports:

Ryanair

- London (Stansted) - each day

- Liverpool - wednesdays and sundays

- Dublin - wednesdays and saturdays

- Dusseldorf (Weeze) - mondays and fridays

Jetair (as for now till 28th of March, but they'll fly later for sure)

- Berlin (Tegel) - thursdays and fridays

- Copenhagen (Kastrup) - mondays and fridays

- Katowice - thursdays and fridays

LOT

- Warsaw - each day without saturdays

Edited by Mama

Just done some playing and it would seem they are operating on Monday and Fridays only.

Outbound to Bydgoszcz 6pm departure

Return to BHX - 21:35 departure

So fly out on Friday 12th and Return Monday 15th = £48.45

So long as you dont mind arriving in Poland around 9pm and back in Blighty at 11pm - sounds good to me :D

hi ya ive just checked the brum flight and its come up at 126 each.how did you manage to book it for 48 thanks bruno

hi ya ive just checked the brum flight and its come up at 126 each.how did you manage to book it for 48 thanks bruno

By booking weeks ago when they first came out i am afraid :wink:

You want to think yourself lucky, we had all the flights booked on the friday from Manchester to Poznan and then found train times for saturday to Bydgoszcz hotels on the friday and the airline cut the flights leaving us to have to get flights from another airport to another city in Poland.

In the end though its a trip not to miss GP at Gollobgszcz and then the GP challenge final

You want to think yourself lucky, we had all the flights booked on the friday from Manchester to Poznan and then found train times for saturday to Bydgoszcz hotels on the friday and the airline cut the flights leaving us to have to get flights from another airport to another city in Poland.

In the end though its a trip not to miss GP at Gollobgszcz and then the GP challenge final

Too true! Sorry to hear about the airline messing you about...

due to work commitments i cant fly out to poland until saturday.i see there are flights out of stansted arriving at poznan and bydgoszcz later on in the day but one arriving in wroclaw at 1120 - i know its a fair distance but could any one tell me a rough distance and whether it would be viable to catch a train (timewise)pleeese :rolleyes:

It's rather kind of "mission impossible"!

You'll have 2 train connections, but 1st of them is really impossible:

Wrocław Główny 11:35 - 15:46 Piła Główna (fast train)

Piła Główna 15:53 - 17:17 Bydgoszcz Główna (stopping train)

348 km, 2nd class normal ticket costs 47,00 zł

Wrocław Główny 13:35 - 17:42 Inowrocław (fast train)

Inowrocław 17:47 - 18:42 Bydgoszcz Główna (stopping train)

318 km, 2nd class normal ticket costs 46,00 zł

The train schedule could change after summer holidays ...

If you'll take the connection with changing the trains, the best way is to buy one ticket for whole trip (from Wrocław to Bydgoszcz by Piła or Inowrocław - you should point it at the ticket office).

If your travels start at Friday evening (18:00 Polish time) and end at Monday morning (6:00 Polish time), the cheapest way is to buy "tourist ticket" ("bilet turystyczny" in Polish). For now it costs 60 zł (2nd class) and 80 zł (1st class) and you can travel all fast and stopping trains during all weekend. Buying this ticket you should show your ID (the number should be written at the ticket).