British Speedway Forum

Parking at Poole is £2. Which has nothing to do with the speedway.

On principal of what? :blink:

Poole are not charging the booking fee, the BIC are.

Ever purchased tickets to a concert? If you have you would have paid a book fee to the ticket seller.

Don't you ever go to Cardiff for the GP? If you buy your tickets before hand you pay a booking fee.

And since when has parking at Poole been £5 Eastie? It's one thing to say you don't fancy the meeting, but to spread melicious lies to put people off coming is damaging to business.

Still a charge that you never pay usually at Poole though isn't it.Why the need to go to BIC anyway?, yes you guessed it, to make a little bit more out of Joe Public.

£4.50 on top of the entrance fee plus extra on top of the usual car-park fee is a rip-off,is that a lie, no it's not. I would have loved to see this meeting but it's a no-go for me for those reasons only.M&M hang your heads in shame.

Edited by colincooke

Still a charge that you never pay usually at Poole though isn't it.Why the need to go to BIC anyway?, yes you guessed it, to make a little bit more out of Joe Public.

£4.50 on top of the entrance fee plus extra on top of the usual car-park fee is a rip-off,is that a lie, no it's not. I would have loved to see this meeting but it's a no-go for me for those reasons only.M&M hang your heads in shame.

What a (insert Cov managers name here)!

How do M&M make any money out of the booking fee? :rolleyes::blink:

A booking fee is charged by the BIC for their work in dealing with the tickets. With 7,000 fans expected to be at the meeting o March 9th, M&M would have needed to employ a couple of staff to deal with all the enquiries and the taking of credit cards etc. NOt something that can be set up in a few hours or days for that matter.

The BIC are on our doorstep and they have this setup in place. So they charge a booking fee for their services. Do you think it would have cost less for M&M to employ extra staff to deal with this meeting? Any large event where tickets are posted out in advance has a booking fee.

Still, if you don't want to come it's your choice. No one is forcing you to cut your nose to spite your face. I am sure it will very exciting watching it on the live updates, while the other 7000 are thrilled at the speedway.

Yea live updates the riders are now looking at the track as the rain pours down craig watson who has taken nick pedersen place at the last moment is shakeing his head meeting off :D

Well there's an obvious answer - park elsewhere then. Poole stadium is smack in the middle of the town centre and I can tell you of about 6 or 7 car parks within a 5 minute walk but for some reason people don't seem to use their loaf and think of using these but would rather whinge about the stadium one! That's in addition to the many roads round here where you can park for free. Don't people like to use their legs any more or something?! I doubt very much you'll be asked to pay a great deal on a Sunday in the stadium carpark anyway to be honest. During a weekday it's a fiver to park there so can't see the fuss - it's a public carpark, owned by the council - absolutely nothing to do with the speedway.

As Steve says, the BIC are dealing with the advance ticket sales (something which doesn't usually occur for most UK meetings) and it is their fee. What I can say, and this was confirmed to me by Matt, is that anyone who has bought their tickets from the BIC will be getting their program for free on the day. Apparently this does appear in the advertising, but I've not seen a Speedway Star recently so can't vouch for this. Seeing as the programmes are likely to be around a fiver, I'd say that isn't a bad trade off.

The forum "promoter" can't decide if this is a meeting for Poole fans to celebrate Poole or an open invitation for all to swell the Poole coffers!

As with all things it's the consumer who pays.

The £60k pot is not put up by Poole, it's merely a fraction of the punters' money - that's why the tickets are so expensive.

If the tickets don't sell, will it be cancelled?

Why should you worry Derren, as you have said on numerous occassions that you won't be there.

Anyone would think that the moaners are actually going to this meeting and have been forced to pay. At the end of the day its simple, if you think the price is too high don't go. I'm sure there will be thousands of people there who think it is worth it. And why would you believe Eastie of all people that the parking is £5 :rolleyes:

I never use the stadium carpark, ever. Why have to wait 20-30 minutes to get out of it when you can park across the road for free and not be stuck in a bottleneck?

How very patriotic Mr Jugears the firefighter

Oh didn't realise it's against forum rules to not support the British boys :rolleyes: Get a life, loser :angry:

What a (insert Cov managers name here)!

How do M&M make any money out of the booking fee? :rolleyes:  :blink:

A booking fee is charged by the BIC for their work in dealing with the tickets. With 7,000 fans expected to be at the meeting o March 9th, M&M would have needed to employ a couple of staff to deal with all the enquiries and the taking of credit cards etc. NOt something that can be set up in a few hours or days for that matter.

The BIC are on our doorstep and they have this setup in place. So they charge a booking fee for their services. Do you think it would have cost less for M&M to employ extra staff to deal with this meeting? Any large event where tickets are posted out in advance has a booking fee.

Still, if you don't want to come it's your choice. No one is forcing you to cut your nose to spite your face.  I am sure it will very exciting watching it on the live updates, while the other 7000 are thrilled at the speedway.

No need for the insult.

I'm sure M&M are taking their cut, don't be so naive. I wouldn't expect that from you Steve.If Poole Spedway can't deal with 7000 people through their own resources then they have a real problem.God help us if Speedway suddenly becomes very popular again.

Only remember being charged £1 50 for Brighton tickets

Edit: Please fee free to correct if this is wrong.(Brighton)