British Speedway Forum

....were you two at the same meeting?

It doesnt seem so, but at 1.30ish I did not queue at all got straight in then went to the bar no queue, found a seat, the stadium at that time was not full at all.

It doesnt seem so, but at 1.30ish I did not queue at all got straight in then went to the bar no queue, found a seat, the stadium at that time was not full at all.

Big crowd there today. Grandstand not a spare seat, 4-5 deep along the front of the grandstand, rows of people all the way around both bends. NOt sure how many were in the indoor stand as we can't really see in there because of reflections but when I walked to my seat it was very busy. Resteraunt was sold out.

The kids question has been brought up a few times and I agree that there should have been a concession for kids in the standing area. Obviously with the grandstand full there's no point in giving discount a seat which is going to sell at its full price, but if kids had been let in for a tenner there might have been more of them.

Still a very good crowd, and a proper way to start a big season for the club.

PS would just like to say a well done to our mic man Nigel, who was excellent both last night and today. Got stuck in when the media were charging in on Pedersen after the win to interview him to the crowd. Well done Nij.

10. Bjerre. Usual effort from the Dane. Gate and win, miss it and nowhere. Nowhere most of the time today.

To be fair with a rubbishe track where racing is at a premium, you won't get racers like Bjerre entertaining the crowd!

First time I have ever seen the words "Bjerre" and "Racer" in the same sentence.

Did you hear what Nicki had to say after winning?

First time I have ever seen the words "Bjerre" and "Racer" in the same sentence.

I don't think a Poole fan would know what a racer is!

Poole usually just sign blue groovers like boring Bjarne!

So what about passing manoeuvres for this meeting.After all we are reliably informed that Poole is well known for it's passing are we not.

I may not have been present but i'm well aware of the facts.

In the 1st 8 heats there we're actualy a fair few i'm told, 9 in all.

After this tough such spectacles we're at a premium, with the dust playing it's part, not that bad a meeting taking that into consideration. Should have had a little more rain, where's god when you need him. :wink:

i had exactly the same opinion as you but believe me in the last third of last season he was one of panthers most entertaining riders which was totaly different to guy who i was cursing at the beginning of the season.Im hoping for big things from the midget this year!

2. Chris Harris. Riding all over the place. Wrong lines, locking up, terrible.

Obviously been taking lessons from Simon Stead.

Perhaps you should have come along and witnessed your top two's performances for yourself. I can tell you they were rubbish. Best pass of the night was when Harris was taken like he was standing still by Holder, a young lad that has only ridden Poole a few times in the past. Embarressed riders with far more experience.

Some good races but in such a field passing is always at a premium. The battle between Nicholls, Hans and Jonsson went on for 4 laps and was worth the admission money alone. Superb stuff.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So what about passing manoeuvres for this meeting.After all we are reliably informed that Poole is well known for it's passing are we not.

I may not have been present but i'm well aware of the facts.

In the 1st 8 heats there we're actualy a fair few i'm told, 9 in all.

After this tough such spectacles we're at a premium, with the dust playing it's part, not that bad a meeting taking that into consideration. Should have had a little more rain, where's god when you need him. :wink:

Fair comment Colin - think that possibly after the first set of races when some riders were out of contention they eased off a bit which may have affected the competitiveness - you certainly noticed those giving it more were those still in with a chance for the final. There were showers piling in - we got lucky in that they all missed us until the end but any one could've dumped a load of rain on us.

A totally shattering but enjoyable day (I think - ask me tomorrow!). I was quite impressed with some of the racing - don't ask me which ones and who because I'm never able to watch that intently!! I just know there was some good stuff in there! Will have to watch the DVD to catch it all!

A decent crowd and plenty of people inside the glass grandstand too - not surprising as it was pretty cold there. People are talking 3000 but I think it was a bit more than that, although I've not spoken to anyone to have that confirmed/denied.

Very impressed with the Dave Lanning /Nij double act. Really worked and when he was having a go at Frank E after the Crump incident was hysterical!

Edited by rabbit

There were people requesting tickets when I went in at 2:15 so one would assume it was a sell out. As Steve says, the Grandstand was full and standing areas seemed to be 3 or 4 people deep all the way around. So, frankly, it's nonsense to say it was badly attended. I would think there was the full 5500 there and certainly not much less. The weather may have kept people away (althoug in reality, it was fine, but we weren't to know that before) but as far as I could tell, it was as good as full. It's a shame some people's comments are so obviously bitter - it really is a sad reflection on their personalities.

The racing today was terrible for the majority of the first half, BUT then it improved dramatically. It was a great meeting in the end, even though I didn't want Nicki to win it!

Perhaps you should have come along

Some good races but in such a field passing is always at a premium. The battle between Nicholls, Hans and Jonsson went on for 4 laps and was worth the admission money alone. Superb stuff.

You're already well aware Steve that i had other commitments this morning & afternoon, otherwise it would've been a pleasure.

Edited by colincooke