British Speedway Forum

Exactly. Any rider wo thinks they are in with a sniff of a chance will be there to give this one a go.

ELRC this is not. Even Sullivan and Richardson would be there if they were asked.

Nice one, even ole sicknote Richardson

This must be a better way to spend a few quid than that rubbish at Telford, people on here paying £190 for rooms , must be mental. Telford is cr*p, this is a proper meeting, me and my son Marlon will be in attendance B)

No but he could well be there considering the night before is the Poole Gala Evening of Champions.

What a great meeting this will be. If only this was a taster for what the ELITE LEAGUE was going to offer..........

I dont think it's over priced. How often do you go to a speedway meeting anywhere in the country and watch watered down Elite League every week? I think it will be great to watch the top riders going balls out for 4 laps knowing there is somebody behind them that may even catch them up and dare I say it' attempt to overtake!!'

What a great start to the season. Everybody is talking about it already. look at this thread......13 pages already.

If you think it's over priced and a waste of time................Don't go!! It's your loss

Good on ya Steve Shovlar, your defense is relentless :D

KevH and other negativity wasters............... Why are you slating this meeting, at a time when Speedway needs support not loosers!!

KevH and other negativity wasters............... Why are you slating this meeting, at a time when Speedway needs support not loosers!!

Just voicing my opinion on what is, afterall, a forum (look up the definition).

You have your views, I have mine.........at least I can post mine without personal abuse, which I guess says more about you than it does about me?

Naturally you jest Bird?

rubbish Shovlar has never fooled anyone into believing he's 'in the know'..........his posts are to be frank, at best childish, and at worst.........well, let's just say uninformed. :wink:

However, Fatt Maud could do worse than to ask him to represent the club when gate positions are being decided.....................he seems such a natural for that role. B)

Just voicing my opinion on what is, afterall, a forum (look up the definition).

You have your views, I have mine.........at least I can post mine without personal abuse, which I guess says more about you than it does about me?

So's there's more than one KevH on this forum ?

So's there's more than one KevH on this forum ?

Hahaha!! Talk about caught right out. Wel done Electro.

I have put this person on my blocked list but unfortunately when someone quotes his posts I see them. But having said that I would have missed him making the usual fool of himself so thank you. :lol:

Ok the story has been released in todays Daily Echo. Two stories.

Don't delay warns Ford

By Phil Chard

MATT Ford is urging Pirates fans to purchase tickets early so they don't miss out on the chance of witnessing the £60,000 Diamond Jubilee winner-takes-all' event on March 9.

With the meeting being one of the first scheduled in Britain next year, Poole Castle Cover's chief believes supporters from other clubs all over the country will snap up tickets fast.

Tickets - priced £45, £30 and £25, and all including a special souvenir programme - go on sale from the Bournemouth International Centre tomorrow.

Ford said: "Having spoken to staff at the BIC late yesterday, interest in this meeting is already sky high.

"I think all of the admission packages are very reasonably priced, so I would say to Poole fans Don't leave it to chance'.

"Don't leave it too late by waiting until next year to purchase your ticket.

"Get in now and make sure you are going to be able to see who wins the wealthiest prize in speedway history first hand.

"I'm sure people from all over the country will be coming to our event, so get in first. Don't leave it too late and be disappointed."

Ford confirmed 2008 Pirates' season tickets would not apply for the Diamond Jubilee meeting, being staged to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Poole's first home match on April 26, 1948, against Great Yarmouth.

Tickets can be purchased from tomorrow by contacting the BIC box office hotline 0870 111 3000.

The £45 package includes admission, programme and a three-course meal but is limited to just 300 diners.

Bookings must be for tables of six, eight or 10 people.

The £30 package includes a grandstand seat and programme, while the £25 package allows you to watch from anywhere else in the stadium and also includes a programme.

Ford would not disclose what capacity would be for the event.

But the attendance is likely to rival the 7,000-plus who witnessed Sweden pip Great Britain by one point in the World Cup final at Poole in 2004.

The March 9 meeting will be the earliest start to a Pirates season in their 60-year history.

Previous earliest was March 10, 2004 when Poole opened with a 51-39 challenge triumph over Swindon.

The Diamond Jubilee meeting is the day after Poole stage their Diamond Jubilee Gala dinner at the BIC.

Six-times world champion Tony Rickardsson will be in attendance along with at least 34 other Pirates legends or world champions.

Tickets for that event are priced £39.50 and will go on sale early next year.

Crump chases £60k Poole prize

By Phil Chard

JASON Crump believes Poole's Diamond Jubilee £60,000 winner-takes-all meeting' will be a sell-out.

And the Castle Cover Pirates star admitted: "I am desperate to win" the top prize on Sunday, March 9.

The Dorset club will celebrate the 60th anniversary of their first meeting in 1948 by putting on the most lucrative one-off event in speedway history.

Ten Grand Prix riders are confirmed as Wimborne Road starters for a spectacle being billed as "60 years, 60 seconds, 60 thousand', so the battle for the big money will be fierce.

Crump says the financial incentive of a grand final "£1,000 per second" win - it should take the winner of that race just 60 seconds to claim the prize - will be playing on his mind between now and then.

The two-times world champion told the Echo last night: "Pirates promoters Matt Ford and Mike Golding have blitzed everything in world speedway with this event.

"True, there's a $200,000 (about £100,000) carrot in the Grand Prix in 2008 but that's over three meetings.

"This is a one-off richest race ever in the sport.

"As a rider, it's a meeting I am desperate to win, but the standard of opposition is colossal.

"Being the start of the season it's straight off the bat too. It's going to be my first speedway meeting of 2008, so I've got to get straight into the groove.

"It's going to be one of those I was there when..' sporting events. Unmissable.

"I gather it's not going to be on TV, so you won't see it anywhere else.

"For fans it's one of those events where you have got to be there."

Crump added: "What Matt and Mike have done here is something amazing and once again they have lifted Poole Speedway up to the rest of the sport and basically said: We have something unique here.' "I cannot think of a better promotional meeting in this country for years.

"It's going to be a bit of a level playing field for all of the riders because it's so early in the season, but I guess that makes it an even greater spectacle.

"I'm excited as a rider competing in a meeting like this and, to be honest, if I wasn't racing, I would probably still go and watch just to see the outcome."

Crump continued: "I'm pretty convinced it will be a capacity crowd, which will make the atmosphere something quite special.

"I would be happy to ride in it tomorrow, but the anticipation of March 9 will be burning a hole in my 2008 racing calendar."

The £60,000 prize is believed to be the biggest in the sport since speedway was introduced to Britain in the late 1920s.

It is about £10,000 more than the $100,000 (about £50,000) pocketed by Andreas Jonsson when he won the German GP in October in the 100th meeting of the GP series.

Jonsson will line up in the Poole event alongside Crump, his Pirates team-mate Bjarne Pedersen and reigning world champion Nicki Pedersen.

They will be joined by six other 2008 GP stars in Leigh Adams, Hans Andersen, Greg Hancock, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris and Krzysztof Kasprzak, the Pirates asset loaned to Lakeside last season.

Kenneth Bjerre, Davey Watt, Adam Shields and Poole new boy Karol Zabik are also confirmed starters, with two places still unfilled.

The meeting format will be 20 heats followed by a one-off final featuring the top four scorers.

HG where have you been?  :unsure:

You must be new here Izzyidiot  :rolleyes: you can LYAO all you like my lovely it has nothing to do with Kev being an Arena Essex fan wasn't so long ago he was an Oxford fan.  If I was you I'd quit whilst ahead you'll make a fool of yourself with more comments like that  :wink:

advice taken...........

:wink:

time for me to LEARN :D

This should be a cracking meeting. Can you imagine a final

of Nikki Pedersen Hans Andersen Jason Greg Hancock, and

Nikki Pedersen off Gate 1, and all going into turn one!!.

It would have to used on a question of sport, what happened next!!!!! :unsure:

Can we not have Greg in the final? Go with someone more exciting.

Starting to sound desperate from Matt Ford & Shovlar................drafting in Crump to big it up ...................... looks like a financial disaster....................next week: Crump v Bjarne over 15 rounds, you really must see it!

Starting to sound desperate from Matt Ford & Shovlar................drafting in Crump to big it up ...................... looks like a financial disaster....................next week: Crump v Bjarne over 15 rounds, you really must see it!

Shame idiots like you have to come on here and slag off this meeting. The general consensus of opinion is that this is a cracking way to start the season FOR ALL SPEEDWAY FANS, not just those from Poole.

I am sure you are hoping and praying that this event will flop big time, for some unfathomable reason unknown to all but yourself and a couple of others.

If you don't like the event, don't come! There will be thousands of others all over the country looking forward to starting their speedway season by attending this, and you are looking stupid by trying to dis a meeting which likely going to be a classic "I was there" event.

Still, whatever floats your boat.